Home

NBA 2K24 Head Scan Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K24 Head Scan Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
EA Sports College Football 25 Gameplay Deep Dive
Operation Sports Is Looking to Hire a Freelancer Specializing in Racing Games
Is Caitlin Clark in NBA 2K24?

Old 08-15-2023, 05:29 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K24 Head Scan Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxw7340
Besides the players we saw in screenshots (Steph, Jokic, Donovan Mitchell, etc) from the trailer that just dropped I saw updated scans/hairstyles for Kevon Looney, Robert Williams III, Gabe Vincent, Mikal Bridges, and Darius Garland (probably missing some) which is definitely great to see. However, Jimmy Butler is still in need of a scan, and Giannis should have shorter hair. And once again, it looks like LeBron has not been updated since 2K19. He still has the high fade haircut from that game, when it reality he keeps his hair just a level above bald these days (see below).

Attachment 207043

Attachment 207044
For whatever reason they just don’t see how outdated Lebron looks.

They were 2yrs late on up****** his beard and they still got it wrong. They just don’t see these details. Not sure if it’s because they don’t watch the NBA?

Live had him perfectly updated in like a week.

Arguably the best player to ever play the game is most likely going to retire looking like he still plays for Miami in 2k.

The most simple additions would go a long way. Give him the same hairstyle as Chris Paul in game, increase the length of his beard and accentuate some of the facial wrinkles and it would be spot on!

Watching that 2k24 trailer 99% of the players all look the exact same as 2k23 or older
Old 08-15-2023, 06:00 PM   #34
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnoodle321

They were 2yrs late on up****** his beard and they still got it wrong. They just don’t see these details. Not sure if it’s because they don’t watch the NBA?

Arguably the best player to ever play the game is most likely going to retire looking like he still plays for Miami in 2k.

The most simple additions would go a long way. Give him the same hairstyle as Chris Paul in game, increase the length of his beard and accentuate some of the facial wrinkles and it would be spot on!

Watching that 2k24 trailer 99% of the players all look the exact same as 2k23 or older
At this point wouldn’t it be assumed it’s on arguably the second or third best player to ever play the game as to why he isn’t updated?

I HIGHLY doubt 2K is ignoring up****** LeBron especially since they continue to give him clearly favoritism ratings of which his team is most certainly playing a hand in. Let’s face it, it can very well be vanity keeping him with the old scan. He might prefer to have a more “all time / younger” Bron scan to not have himself running around with an older/balder scan.

Or I can imagine it’s a way to pout as to not being a cover star in which he’d update his scan only if he was on the cover, etc.
Old 08-15-2023, 08:01 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

NBA Live 19’s Lebron is probably one of the best video game representations of LeBron I’ve seen, and I don’t even think they scanned him. But I do fully agree that they don’t even need to do a full rescan, just some touch ups like giving him a Chris Paul/PJ Tucker cut, aging his face just a bit, and fixing up his beard. This would have him on point since they got his basic facial structure from his 2K19 scan. Even the in-game action shots has him with his current look, so I’m just confused as to why he’s been untouched for years (other than his beard) when I’ve seen other players updated without being rescanned. I don’t think it has anything to do with him wanting to look younger or not being the cover athlete. Maybe they’re just complacent with his current in-game look despite how it doesn’t match him in real life. Hopefully he’ll get touched up in a pre-release/post-release patch.

Last edited by kxw7340; 08-15-2023 at 08:03 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2023, 11:09 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

LeBron could use an update but he’s not THAT bad in my opinion. Definitely do not think he looks anything like Miami LeBron. High headband, goatee, or short trim beard.. it actually annoys me more that the game doesn’t have a Miami model than it does how the current version looks. Supposedly there is an added LeBron era that picks up in his Miami run. If there isn’t a Heat-specific model it’s going to be just as annoying as when they didn’t have a younger non-fro Kobe or when they had MJ’s model all jacked up.

When I play now I still move 2007 Bron appearance to the Heat LeBron just because it’s much closer than this full bearded version they have that looks more like his last year with the Cavs/first year with the Lakers/bubble beard.
Old 08-16-2023, 01:59 AM   #37
MVP

I noticed quite a few new hairstyles/scans for notable players like Jrue, Brook Lopez, Vassell, Bruce Brown, Beal, Huerter. Probably more that we didn't see.

Last edited by CaVsFaN2273; 08-17-2023 at 01:02 PM.
Old 08-16-2023, 06:49 AM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kxw7340
NBA Live 19’s Lebron is probably one of the best video game representations of LeBron I’ve seen, and I don’t even think they scanned him. But I do fully agree that they don’t even need to do a full rescan, just some touch ups like giving him a Chris Paul/PJ Tucker cut, aging his face just a bit, and fixing up his beard. This would have him on point since they got his basic facial structure from his 2K19 scan. Even the in-game action shots has him with his current look, so I’m just confused as to why he’s been untouched for years (other than his beard) when I’ve seen other players updated without being rescanned. I don’t think it has anything to do with him wanting to look younger or not being the cover athlete. Maybe they’re just complacent with his current in-game look despite how it doesn’t match him in real life. Hopefully he’ll get touched up in a pre-release/post-release patch.
Do you really think 2K aren’t interested in up****** their most marketable current player? I can’t imagine they’re like “let’s not give him a new gen face scan, who cares.” It’s gotta be something on his side. It just makes no sense to me. You’d think he has an open invitation to get scanned whenever he wants.
Old 08-16-2023, 07:01 AM   #39
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIRJ23
Do you really think 2K aren’t interested in up****** their most marketable current player? I can’t imagine they’re like “let’s not give him a new gen face scan, who cares.” It’s gotta be something on his side. It just makes no sense to me. You’d think he has an open invitation to get scanned whenever he wants.
As crazy as it may sound, it would certainly look that way, yes. Going 5yrs without touching his scan you start to run out of excuses and it could come down to something simple as not caring or a dislike for him.

Seeing as though there are players like Curry, Brown and Holiday that have 5 different hair and beard lengths. As you say Lebron is the most marketable player so why not the same attention as the players mentioned?
Old 08-17-2023, 09:42 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
As crazy as it may sound, it would certainly look that way, yes. Going 5yrs without touching his scan you start to run out of excuses and it could come down to something simple as not caring or a dislike for him.

Seeing as though there are players like Curry, Brown and Holiday that have 5 different hair and beard lengths. As you say Lebron is the most marketable player so why not the same attention as the players mentioned?
I dunno. That’s kinda why I think it can’t be on their side. I can imagine dealing with Bron’s team, Klutch, their likeness demands etc. can be a headache for 2K thus maybe draw some bad blood (see Jeanie Bus’s passive aggressive shots at Bron after the 22 season such as calling Kobe the best laker ever and saying she missed him, a clear statement on Kobe’s willingness to build a team and have patience and a signal that there were major wars with bron trying to force all these roster changes and trades that weren’t working out), and her calling Jordan the undisputed GOAT in 2K’s very own trailer for the Jordan Challenge for 2K23. My hunch and what I’ve witnessed (constant coaching changes etc.) tell me dealing with team bron isn’t fun.

But still, 2K show him lots of favoritism as well. His inflated ratings, how they portray him in trailers etc. They show him so much you’d think they’d be embarrassed to have a 2018 PS4 face scan representing their game front and center. Unless their disdain runs so deep they agree to his terms for ratings etc but are like “but alas.. bahaha we’ll screw you on the face scan” lol.

Remember they add new sigs for him yearly. Last year they gave him a passing sig, motion sig etc etc. So why would they skip a face scan.

Just seems far fetched to me. For me with my conspiracy hat it seems more likely bron says “I want cover or this or that or I’m not giving you guys anything.” And can justify it to himself cause he figures looking younger is fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »