Home

Playbook Problems

This is a discussion on Playbook Problems within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-27-2013, 05:58 PM   #9
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Playbook Problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by hikwelity
I'd like to keep this thread from going away, as well. I'd really like to see some kind of acknowledgement from one of the 2k board perusers that they are aware that this is indeed a problem.

I've learned to get past a lot of the issues with this game in terms of the lack of customization and features, and really focus on, and enjoy, the way that this game plays and feels. But having had CG for a little over a month, I had gotten a good amount of playbooks overhauled, and the effect on the game was so great. With that one tweak to NG, I think I can really enjoy this game for another 11 months, no problem.
They are aware of the issue. It will take more than a roster update to fix it. I am told it will be released in one of the upcoming patches. Not sure which one.

Also not sure if this fix will cover the issue with offline playbooks and online playbooks(have yet to play online so don't know if it is the same issue) but it should cover the issue with the difference between the User Interface plays and plays that are actually ran in game.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 11-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
They are aware of the issue. It will take more than a roster update to fix it. I am told it will be released in one of the upcoming patches. Not sure which one.

Also not sure if this fix will cover the issue with offline playbooks and online playbooks(have yet to play online so don't know if it is the same issue) but it should cover the issue with the difference between the User Interface plays and plays that are actually ran in game.
Please Lord help them make the playbooks work offline! This is literally the only issue besides my settings not saving. If those 2 things can get fixed I'll b in basketball heaven

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Old 11-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 15

Hey Czar are the devs aware of some of the broken plays that are in the game that some users have found?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #12
Rookie

kevmasood's Arena

OVR: 2

This is a REAL ISSUE, cuz the playbooks is definitley different ONLINE, its random, I really dont like the default, so i use custom playbook, save it to a roster, simular to current gen process, put a name to it, and upload when you wanna play OFFLINE, but if u make one change in your settings, when you upload the roster, the playbook is back to DEFAULT, this is a problem, now u gotta find the settings u change, and another thing, the roster with your playbook, wont upload if its on CUSTOM, another problem.

PLAYBOOKS , PLAYS break off way to quick in NEXT GEN, 2k needs to fix this ASAP/ thats why we need Practice PLay MODE, back in the game, scimmage its take to long to figure out if plays work, its not sufficient, I found the #PREZ HORNS 1, super play, it does not, work . SMDH, @K NEEDS TO PATCH THE PLAYBOOK ISSUES
Old 12-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #13
Rookie

is there a way to use the plays you want in online quick ranked? There's no way to practice the ones in the online playbooks
Old 12-02-2013, 02:18 AM   #14
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

I just did the Team Scrimmage session in MyCareer and for some reason the plays work absolutely perfect!

I don't get why they don't work like this in actual games?

The play art was showing all the time. The circle to initiate plays would show up as soon as the auto play was called, instead of only being called when my player is stationary in a certain spot on the floor.

The team was even running me plays to get me open looks off multiple screens!

I'm hoping this is just a bug and gets fixed soon.
Old 12-02-2013, 11:35 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 15

Has anyone confirmed that the the broken plays that are in the cg version of 2K14 also don't work in the next gen version?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2013, 08:51 PM   #16
Rookie

jattnanga's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar

thanks czar for coming in with an update on where 2k stands with this.

you mentioned that it will be released in one of the patches and unfortunately for all of us...it is not in patch #2 that was released this week.

everything i have heard/read says that patch #3 will contain more updates/fixes and i have also heard/read that patch #3 will be out in a few weeks.

czar, please do keep us posted if you hear anything regarding this playbook issue, because as hikwelity said...it is literally the one thing keeping me from thoroughly enjoying the very sim-user friendly gameplay.

until then, looks like two-plus more weeks of trying to get by with the playbook system as it currently is...

- Ricky Rubio quoting Magic Johnson

Last edited by jattnanga; 12-05-2013 at 08:54 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »