Home

Enough of the teammate score

This is a discussion on Enough of the teammate score within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-02-2014, 08:23 PM   #1
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

OVR: 11
Enough of the teammate score

Do away with this teammate score. Since the game goes into cheat mode and the human player has no control on what goes on, there is no reason to keep penalizing us for things the AI will not allow us to do.

When suddenly, for stretches, our passes go into slow motion so the opponent can get to it ...... since suddenly, for stretches, our player goes into some kind of mode where he is running in mud and all of a sudden can't keep people from driving around him or play any kind of defense even though he is supposedly a lock down defender......these are AI cheats, not the player's fault.

When a pass goes the complete opposite direction from where I aimed it, that is not my doing so I shouldn't get penalized. When a ball flies WAY over my head on a missed shot and the opponent 10 feet behind me gets a rebound that is coming down from above him, it's me getting penalized in the score cuz I'm not 10 feet tall and I allowed the offensive rebound.

When a player comes racing across the court and "blocks" a shot that is coming down to the basket, I get penalized for having a shot blocked that should have been called goaltending. This is my fault how?

Just do away with the stupid score thing UNLESS you will do away with the cheat code and let things be determined by our play.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2014, 09:30 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Enough of the teammate score

Just ignore the grade man. When you learn to not care about your grade, the game isn't nearly as frustrating. As for the cheating, I'm not sure I follow you. Some of the things mentioned are just problems with the game in general, the game is not perfect. Other things I've never seen or heard of. Just settle down a little bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-02-2014, 09:34 PM   #3
Pro

I disagree with doing away with it, it is a very useful feature, however it could be tightened up and not penalize you unfairly for things beyond your control.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:40 PM   #4
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

Another thing, penalizing me for allowing a score with less than 2 minutes left in a game we're winning by 30 points. Why? No one is going to be playing tight defense in that situation. The tight defense is what got us so far ahead. We proved our point.

Last edited by Rdrunner; 03-03-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #5
Banned

Rdrunner's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_Solis
Just ignore the grade man. When you learn to not care about your grade, the game isn't nearly as frustrating. As for the cheating, I'm not sure I follow you. Some of the things mentioned are just problems with the game in general, the game is not perfect. Other things I've never seen or heard of. Just settle down a little bit.

You're probably right. Question, tho. Doesn't the coach use that grade to determine how many minutes you play?

I mean, that's the only reason I can see for losing minutes after coming off one of the best statistical games I ever had. That dumb rating was a D+ cuz I was running in mud defensively all game cuz Ellis was playing against me. That was the only negative "stat" I had.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-02-2014, 10:24 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdrunner
You're probably right. Question, tho. Doesn't the coach use that grade to determine how many minutes you play?

I mean, that's the only reason I can see for losing minutes after coming off one of the best statistical games I ever had. That dumb rating was a D+ cuz I was running in mud defensively all game cuz Ellis was playing against me. That was the only negative "stat" I had.

Idk if that grade determines your minutes or not. I know at the beginning of the game there will be certain times where the coach says you'll lose minutes almost regardless if what you do.
If you feel like you're getting stuck in mud try messing with your defense assist strength meter. I like mine at 20 because it feels like I have more control over my player. You can try messing with it to see if it helps. Also if you haven't upped your quickness, that helps as well.

Old 03-03-2014, 01:21 AM   #7
MVP

Yeah the teammate score has been broken since it was introduced. And it's insulting because you can tell it's what 2k thinks is how basketball play should be graded, and considering i trust my bball IQ waaaay more than anyone on the development teams and considering they seem to have questionable knowledge about basketball fundamentals(who else would design a game where a wide open man cuts AWAY from a pass as soon as it's thrown to them?) i don't think it should be up to them to decide what constitutes good basketball.

Grading system should definitely be done away with and i've said this before. This kind of thing literally happens all the time: i go up to contest a shot "bad block attempt" the shot gets blocked by me "Shot blocked". Are you kidding me? I literally blocked a shot and somehow get bad block attempt and shot blocked simultaneously on the same play? What is this even? Does anyone test this? Or my favorite "bad fastbreak defense", so when the ball gets thrown to somebody who's way ahead of everyone else and he gets an easy 2 it's all my fault somehow? I could talk about all the problems with the grading system all day, but the bottom line is it shouldn't even exist. And this is coming from someone who averages an A in my career on superstar.
Old 03-03-2014, 01:37 AM   #8
Just started!

The tight defense is what got is so far ahead.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »