Home

Playoffs mode

This is a discussion on Playoffs mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2014, 03:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Playoffs mode

Yep! It's extremely pathetic that they took this mode out. It was such a simple yet fun mode. No story lines or extra stuff was needed, just a simple playoffs mode.

This mode, and not being able to control all 30 teams in a season mode is why I sold my nba 2k14 next gen. Not once has some one from 2k come out and actually tried listening to us, they're just too busy doing ... Whatever the heck they are doing, watering down the product.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

I used to hardly touch Playoff mode because it used to feel a little bit like an exhibition round robin tournament (which I still felt was a worthy mode to have, as I knew many who liked using it, particularly for multi-player).

However, with the playoff touches games have been adding in recent years: proper court decals, intensified crowds, white outs (or whatever color-outs), custom commentary, lengthened celebration sequences (perhaps in real-time and controllable someday), I think a Playoff Mode could be extra legit, especially if single game, single series, and full playoff statistics were tracked. Maybe even include some achievements or unlockables (ex: unlock a Finals pair of Jordan's for winning the mode with the Bulls).

And not to pile on, but I also miss Situation Mode, where one could set up their own end-of-game scenario and play it out. It was great for generating buzzer beater madness, but also to replicate famous moments in NBA history (3 seconds left, '89 Bulls trailing '89 Cavs 100-99, Bulls ball on the sideline).

Last edited by VDusen04; 04-16-2014 at 03:44 PM.
Old 04-16-2014, 03:38 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

Yeah that is disappointing but NBA today should have the playoff games with the atmosphere hopefully so you can still play the games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-16-2014, 03:40 PM   #12
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5

The "other" guys had it in Live10 and the arena sounds, crowds, etc. were on point. You could make any matchup you wanted
Old 04-16-2014, 03:55 PM   #13
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

A playoffs mode would give this game life for me right now, but as of now its a dust collector. I hope 2k15 brings more game modes more freedom and customization options.
Old 04-17-2014, 02:23 AM   #14
MVP

vtcha's Arena

OVR: 4

I'd have to disagree. Clearly the color and style of your MyPlayer's suit should be the utmost importance compared to this so-called 'Playoff Mode'. I think next year they should remove the 'Quick Game' mode altogether and focus more on allowing your MyPlayer to buy houses and interact with other MyPlayers, similarly to The Sims.

/sarcasm

On a serious note, for anyone asking whether they should purchase this game or not, here's my advice: 2K14 Next-Gen is like a beautiful, gorgeous girl with an IQ of 50.

Last edited by vtcha; 04-17-2014 at 02:28 AM.
Old 04-17-2014, 08:16 AM   #15
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I used to hardly touch Playoff mode because it used to feel a little bit like an exhibition round robin tournament (which I still felt was a worthy mode to have, as I knew many who liked using it, particularly for multi-player).

However, with the playoff touches games have been adding in recent years: proper court decals, intensified crowds, white outs (or whatever color-outs), custom commentary, lengthened celebration sequences (perhaps in real-time and controllable someday), I think a Playoff Mode could be extra legit, especially if single game, single series, and full playoff statistics were tracked. Maybe even include some achievements or unlockables (ex: unlock a Finals pair of Jordan's for winning the mode with the Bulls).

And not to pile on, but I also miss Situation Mode, where one could set up their own end-of-game scenario and play it out. It was great for generating buzzer beater madness, but also to replicate famous moments in NBA history (3 seconds left, '89 Bulls trailing '89 Cavs 100-99, Bulls ball on the sideline).
No more playoffs mode, no more practice play mode, no more scenario mode. What's next 2K? That next gen version would be driving me crazy if I had it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2014, 09:03 AM   #16
Banned

XxJustAguessxX's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MielVB
Uhm, I've searched everywhere, but I can't seem to find a playoff mode and google isn't really helpful either.

You're telling me I can't setup a NBA playoff bracket and play my own version of the 2014 playoffs? They even gutted this mode? For real? How hard could it be to leave this stuff in...

Tell me I'm wrong here, cause that would be some weak sauce LOL
Not to harp on your complaint, but we've known this for a while, since the game came out, why are you commenting on this now?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »