Home

officially filed a complaint with the bbb

This is a discussion on officially filed a complaint with the bbb within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2014, 03:52 PM   #1
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
officially filed a complaint with the bbb

so after spending a great deal of time and vc with my career and finally getting onto the cavs i tried to load the career and it was corrupted. i ended up deleting it after a few tries since that was the only option i was presented with. i contacted 2k support to try and either recover the save or at the very least get back the vc used on that career and here is what i was met with:

Quote:
My career (NBA 2k14 on XBox One) was corrupted and deleted from the server. I now no longer have access to the save at all, and have lost all VC that I have spent on that career, including the VC I purchased.

User_avatar
Myesha C Today at 11:58
Hello customer,

Thank you for contacting 2K Sports. We are sorry that you are experiencing issues with NBA2K14.

If your MyCareer file was corrupted, there is no way to recover that data. To correct this issue we need to delete the cloud save from our system and refund any VC spent on that particular MyCareer's attributes, animations, and upgrades.

If you would like to have this file deleted from our system, so as to have the VC restored to you, please provide the following:

Gamertag/PSNid:
Email Address Attached to your MyPlayer Account:
Platform (Xbox 360 / Xbox One / PS3 / PS4)
The names of all MyCareer save files that are corrupted as they show on your console's HDD This would be the name of the file itself (MyCareer, MyCareer2, PG, etc.) not the name of your MyPlayer.
The date this file was created
The date that this file was last playable
Any screenshots showing corruption or other errors prior to deleting your file.
Once this process is begun, we need for you to ensure that you have deleted the data locally from your console. To do this:

On 360: Go to System -> Storage -> Select device -> Games and Apps -> NBA 2K14 -> Select the file that has your Gamertag as the title as well as the MY CAREER saved games and delete the corrupted file(s).

On PS3: Go to Game -> Saved Data Utility -> Select any NBA2K14 files labeled “My Career Data” and "My Profile" and delete the corrupted file(s).

On PS4 or Xbox One: the files can be deleted from within the game. From the MyCareer Menu there is a button to Manager files (Y or Triangle). From here you can delete erroneous or corrupted files.

IMPORTANT: DO NOT CREATE A NEW MYCAREER IN THE SAME SLOT AFTER DELETING YOUR MYCAREER UNTIL THIS TICKET IS RESOLVED. FOR NOW, USE A DIFFERENT SAVE SLOT

----

Also, if you follow this guide, it can help assist to prevent this type of issue from occurring:

Always go to the main menu before quitting to your Dashboard/XMB.
Always go to your Dashboard/XMB before turning off your console.
Never turn off your Console when it is autosaving. 4.(Old Gen) Periodically clean your Cache/Game data
360:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-3...r-system-cache

PS3:
https://support.us.playstation.com/a...-utility-files

4.(Next Gen) Follow troubleshooting guides for PS4/XBO

PS4:
https://support.us.playstation.com/a...tail/a_id/5044

XBO:
http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-o...system-updates

---

If you have any other questions about file corruption, please let us know.

Best Regards,

Myesha_C_1582

User_avatar
Me Today at 13:24
Gamertag/PSNid: My GT
Email Address Attached to your MyPlayer Account: my email address
Platform (Xbox 360 / Xbox One / PS3 / PS4): Xbox One
The names of all MyCareer save files that are corrupted as they show on your console's HDD This would be the name of the file itself (MyCareer, MyCareer2, PG, etc.) not the name of your MyPlayer: MyCareer 3, SF
The date this file was created: I don't remember.
The date that this file was last playable: 4/26/14
Any screenshots showing corruption or other errors prior to deleting your file.: I deleted the file after the game prompted me to do so, so I cannot provide any screenshots.

User_avatar
Myesha C Today at 14:14
customer

Unfortunately we were not able to verify your claim. No VC has been added to your account.

Best Regards,

User_avatar
Me Today at 14:39
Is there no other way to either recover my save or get my VC back? I spent a lot of time playing this career and I spent actual money on some of the VC. Since the game doesn't allow me to save to my own system and is required to be hosted on the 2k server, there must be some kind of backup or record of how much VC I spent on it.

User_avatar
Me Today at 14:41
Also, had the game not prompted me to delete the save, I would never have done it. I assumed it would delete the corrupted save and reload to a previous save.

User_avatar
Myesha C Today at 15:08
Hey customer,

We apologize for your issue but no there is no other way to recover it .

Regards,
Myesha

User_avatar
Me Today at 15:15
So because something on the 2k server corrupted my save, then told me to delete it, I lose hours of my time and the money I spent? Why would the game prompt me to delete the save if it is going to prevent me from recovering the file, or getting any of the VC back? That seems like pretty shady practices to me.

User_avatar
Me Today at 15:17
If you cannot restore either my save or the VC used on that save, then I would like to request a refund for the game itself, as I will not be playing it anymore. As of right now, 2k has successfully stolen money from me.

User_avatar
Myesha C Today at 15:17
Hey customer,

When you have a corrupted file it means you have to delete the file to prevent any more damage to your console or game, unfortunately you will have to start a new career sorry for the inconveince

regards,
myesha

User_avatar
Me Today at 15:22
I don't mind having to start a new career, but I spent a great deal of VC, including extra that I spent real money on, on the career that became corrupted. I expect at the very least to have that VC returned.

User_avatar
Myesha C Today at 15:23
Hey customer,

Unfortunately we were not able to verify your claim. No VC has been added to your account.

Best Regards,

User_avatar
Me Today at 15:25
So there is no record of my ever using any VC?
so the last thing posted on the trouble ticket is my question asking if there is any record of me using vc. i just went back to the site to view my activities, and the ticket was marked as solved. no response to my last question. no resolution. basically they said i can go f myself. my biggest issue is that the game prompted me to delete the save instead of telling me to contact support first.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 04-27-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2014, 05:52 PM   #2
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: officially filed a complaint with the bbb

Same happened to me.

I am currently re-installing, hoping to get my guy back.

This whole VC crap is getting ridiculous. You can't even play the game unless the servers are up and half the time they aren't.

I played through a season and spent the free 10 bucks for PSN store I got with PS4 and the rest was just grinding, so they would owe me over 200,000 VC easily. I filed a complaint and got the same email as you, but I am waiting to see if I can recover mine.

A video game should never come to this. I should never have to spend my entire weekend trying to recover my guy and contacting 2k just to play on a console and game I PAID FOR and spent hours building up. That is insane. None of this would have happened if I could have just used my guy offline or at the very least the game should have warned you before you start a new guy that you must be online.
Old 04-27-2014, 06:19 PM   #3
Rookie

They are not refunding vc because people were fileing tickets and getting free vc sorry but u are screwed now 2k needs to stop with the vc or change it
Old 04-27-2014, 07:02 PM   #4
MVP

Good for you.

This is definitely the last 2K game I buy until I can play without worrying about Vfricking C.

What has happened to me is accidentally deleting my save--TWICE! The MyCareer menu is right above the MyGM menu and the saves look nearly identical, so TWICE I accidentally hit the wrong button. Not all 2K's fault but there needs to be a safeguard against losing your MyPlayer, they need to have that backup for you after all you invest in it.
Old 04-27-2014, 07:26 PM   #5
MVP

Good to see someone actually do something. Most people would just accept the fact that they got screwed, then move on. I don't like the way 2k support has handled the complaints they have been getting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2014, 07:32 PM   #6
MVP

XXstormmXX's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelherrmann
Wah wah wah. So much crying.
How is it crying to complain when a company literally steals your money? This guy spent money on VC and 2K's junk servers caused him to lose that VC for pretty much no reason.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:02 PM   #7
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8

I salute you for taking a stand. Even if I don't agree (in this case i actually do agree), I salute you for not just sitting and doing nothing.
Old 04-27-2014, 09:11 PM   #8
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXstormmXX
How is it crying to complain when a company literally steals your money? This guy spent money on VC and 2K's junk servers caused him to lose that VC for pretty much no reason.
Yeah I didn't get that either lol. People just wanting attention I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »