Home

When will 2K fix REBOUNDING

This is a discussion on When will 2K fix REBOUNDING within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-29-2014, 02:32 PM   #1
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
When will 2K fix REBOUNDING

At this point it's still the biggest flaw in the game for me, and I'd have to say second is how easy it is for guards to block dunks...

But seriously, if you're 6'11 or taller you jump like you have cement in your Jordans. And even if you're only like 6'9 it seems that a 6' PG has better bunnies.

Maybe it's a problem with vertical? Maybe it doesn't actually mean how high you can jump but how high a guy your SIZE can jump?
So a 6' PG with 99 vert has a 50 inch vertical leap but a 6'9 SF with a 99 only has a 40? I don't know, I'm not a developer but if that's how it is it's very flawed and should be the same across every position.

Really, it's messing up games at this point where big centers can't grab boards at certain times will even knock it outta bounds off themselves.

Plus, I kinda wanna make my 7'2 defensive center like Dikembe but there's no point lol.

Like of all the minor issues, like jerseys bouncing in timeouts (which is somehow more likely to be fixed) this one really sticks out to me as a terrible flaw in the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2014, 03:42 PM   #2
Banned

Re: When will 2K fix REBOUNDING

Getting swatted by Stephen Curry while trying to dunk with Shaq is the same reason why I never use my 99 PF in The Park and almost always use my PG.
Old 04-29-2014, 06:28 PM   #3
MVP

Good question, it's been really bad for about 4 years straight, doubt they'll fix it now, if ever. Especially when they still sell extremely well without fixing it.
Old 04-29-2014, 07:20 PM   #4
Pro

XxSpiritHunterX's Arena

The PS4/Xbox One rebounding is especially terrible. The worse I've seen in the series since I first began to buy it yearly (2K7). There's no reason why Isaiah Thomas (for example) can outrebound somebody like Hakeem because they got a better and more athletic animation. Hakeem should never even be boxed out by Thomas as well, which I have seen point guards box out and get a rebound over great rebounders. I will admit though, my rebounding effectiveness has gotten better after somewhat learning of a timing.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:53 PM   #5
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13

I think the blocking issue is more pressing.

As long as you lower vertical and the rebounding sliders, you should get realistic rebounding numbers. I've been using vertical at 15, offensive rebounding at 30, and defensive rebounding at 35, and this seems to have rectified the issue of guards outrebounding big-men.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2014, 02:02 AM   #6
Just started!

The Park and almost always use my PG.
Old 04-30-2014, 08:52 AM   #7
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

First they need to fix the fact that every time I press to block a shot the player start jumping around like a duracell bunny and sometimes on the rebound goaltend or put the ball into the basket using a block animation just because I pressed block on the shot release.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:13 AM   #8
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

I thing 2k14 has the best gameplay in the series. Its brilliant 85% of the time.

Then this stuff happens.

Im controlling Bogut in the 1st clip, O'Neal in the 2nd.

Last edited by Smirkin Dirk; 05-18-2014 at 12:15 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »