Home

The Next Step in Immersion For Me

This is a discussion on The Next Step in Immersion For Me within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2014, 05:42 PM   #33
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: The Next Step in Immersion For Me

Can someone delete the post by midwestking100 that quoted the very long OP please. It is very annoying.

Last edited by steelers99_58_36; 08-13-2014 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:44 PM   #34
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

Op, one of the best posts I've read in a while

Hopefully someone from 2K will read it and chime in on the possibility of adding these features to NBA2K??

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Old 08-13-2014, 05:48 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 4

What a great post. Very Very constructive. This is what the OS board used to be. Instead of saying "presentation sucks", lakers 24 laid out a thoughtful, detailed post of what needs to be in the game. I agree 100% with everything said. The little things add immersion to the game.

At some point though, there has to be a concern about making yearly games. I mean truthfully if NBA 2K16 came out with all of these features, It would be so immersive that I really wouldn't need an NBA 2K17. When College Hoops died, I played that game for years without any updates. If a 2K game would include everything from the post, I would be Okay with 2 year game cycles. It would be impossible to explore the entire game in one year. I just started playing myGM in 2K14 lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #36
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

obviously lots of work went into this post, great job. hoping devs can consider the major stuff for '16.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:54 PM   #37
MVP

lakers24's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
You need to work for 2K period. Just doing anything lol.
I'd definitely mop some floors and work my way up lol

EditBTW, thanks guys. I'm glad you all appreciate what took a nice amount of time to put together. I'd only hope a dream could come true for me with things involving this, but beyond that I really do appreciate the support as there are a lot of negativity surrounding everything these days.

Last edited by lakers24; 08-13-2014 at 10:00 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 11:18 PM   #38
Pro

Matty Aqua's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadert
What a great post. Very Very constructive. This is what the OS board used to be. Instead of saying "presentation sucks", lakers 24 laid out a thoughtful, detailed post of what needs to be in the game. I agree 100% with everything said. The little things add immersion to the game.

At some point though, there has to be a concern about making yearly games. I mean truthfully if NBA 2K16 came out with all of these features, It would be so immersive that I really wouldn't need an NBA 2K17. When College Hoops died, I played that game for years without any updates. If a 2K game would include everything from the post, I would be Okay with 2 year game cycles. It would be impossible to explore the entire game in one year. I just started playing myGM in 2K14 lol.
Totally agree with you, when I signed up here at OS in 2009 this place was full of insight,great ideas and great help!...it's not really the same around here anymore lately!

Absolutely outstanding post OP

Wish i knew how to put something like that together!, But you really hit the nail on the head with that post and i hope it get's some attention from the 2k crew like Leftos(who has been fantastic this year with feedback!),SimBaller,Beluba or LD2k
Old 08-13-2014, 11:45 PM   #39
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Obviously, it's too late to put these in 2K15.

However, someone bookmark this thread, so we can keep these ideas in mind, and maybe Visual Concepts will put them in future games!
Old 08-14-2014, 12:02 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

My goodness what great stuff you suggested and that would definitely help out the game.

I mean, I was angry for about 5 seconds reading your jab against Sacramento but I just forgot about it after remembering how great the first few things you wrote were.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »