Home

OS Exclusive: NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on OS Exclusive: NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-14-2014, 06:45 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: OS Exclusive: NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One)

Hopefully 7ft tall players can actually rebound the ball now and guys like Tyson chandler and Omer Asik won't magically be terrible on the glass when controlled by the cpu just because they are a certain height, yet have high rebounding attributes
Old 08-14-2014, 06:46 PM   #10
Rookie

"no more sliding" PRAISE! this had to be one of the worst things about 2k14
Old 08-14-2014, 06:51 PM   #11
MVP

Thanks for the impressions. Glad to hear signature size ups are back! Been asking for this since 2K12. I hated how in 2K14 every player did that stupid size up dribble between the legs with one hand animation. Glad to see that gone!

They said the same thing about sliding being eliminated last year so I have to see it to believe it. In the vids I've seen so far I'm still seeing some foot sliding although not as bad as last year. I want to see foot sliding completed eliminated. 2K needs some type of True Step like Madden has. Looking forward to seeing more gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 06:53 PM   #12
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowinkle08
"no more sliding" PRAISE! this had to be one of the worst things about 2k14
I have to respectfully disagree with DaWolf when he says there is no sliding on defense. The first thing I look at when evaluating 2k basketball is give my complete focus to the footplant by defenders. In each and every single gamescion released footage, defense sliding unfortunately is definitely still prevalent.

There is definitely still defensive aliding going on. This is why real gameplay videos are better than written impressions. But still appreciate DaWolf on the impressions.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 08-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #13
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Spacing/Defensive Rotations: Yes! This was a huge point for me and I can say that spacing and defensive rotations are a lot better this year. Jones explained they have rewritten underlying defensive A.I. mechanics for better awareness about various situations. I was able to rout the Heat with Ginobli/Parker and Duncan pick-and-rolls by kicking the ball out to a wide open Kawhi Leonard or Danny Green when Duncan slipped to the paint. I would have liked to see more help-for-the-helper defense which would give the opportunity to play a fun cat-and-mouse game with the defense. If 2K could implement more help defense and double rotations, it could rival NBA Live 10īs great spacing.

This is the big thing to me. Your teammates, if you aren't running a play, have no idea what to do. They cut or run to the 3 pt line at the wrong time, most of the time. They are even worse on defense. They switch at the wrong time a lot and then refuse to get back to their man. Here's to hoping that those things get fixed.
Old 08-14-2014, 07:31 PM   #14
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15

It's a early build so I think it will get better. Plus with the right sliders some things can be hidden.

Looking forward to more information to come out about the game in the upcoming weeks
Old 08-14-2014, 08:05 PM   #15
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

In the words of the great Bart Scott " CANT WAIT"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-14-2014, 08:26 PM   #16
Rookie

Is Coach Mode back??

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »