Home

OS Exclusive: NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on OS Exclusive: NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2014, 08:52 AM   #49
Banned

GStera's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: OS Exclusive: NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One)

I think it looks incredible.

The player fluidity looks second to none.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:04 AM   #50
Pro

ForeverVersatile's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Can we get some info on this shot meter??

Can it be turned off?

Will it be on during online ranked games ?? (I hope not).
Check out @NBA2K_VCDevTeam's Tweet: https://twitter.com/NBA2K_VCDevTeam/...90342881484800
Old 08-15-2014, 09:22 AM   #51
Rookie

Khanchus's Arena

OVR: 4
lol this guy calling for radical improvements to a game that just needs to build on the base i dont agree with his view points...

2K did horribly upgrading its UI from yr to yr and keeping its presentation refreshing (something that ppl complain about in madden, idk why they dont notice that with NBA 2k but thats a whole other discussion)

but the upgrade from current gen to next gen was impressing and had me saying "finally" an upgrade worth paying for....

havent payed for 2k in a few yrs maybe 4 yrs....but i always end up with it and play it every yr

im a football head so i dont get in to football until feburary anyway but i still love the NBA and play with my friends especially on GB

my hopes are that they build on the black top mode because that was amazing!!!

i didnt get into the online assosciation this yr because i didnt have 2k for the x1 but for the 360
i just want them to fix the darn thing idk if they did in the x1 version but its been the same broken thing for the last 5 6 yrs on the current gen....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 09:35 AM   #52
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andarus
I'm sure its played on XBoner... NOT!

My xbox is connected through my PC also what's your point ?

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 08-15-2014, 09:46 AM   #53
Pro

OVR: 6
Icon2 Re: OS Exclusive: NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One)

"I was able to rout the Heat with Ginobli/Parker and Duncan pick-and-rolls by kicking the ball out to a wide open Kawhi Leonard or Danny Green when Duncan slipped to the paint. I would have liked to see more help-for-the-helper defense which would give the opportunity to play a fun cat-and-mouse game with the defense. If 2K could implement more help defense and double rotations, it could rival NBA Live 10īs great spacing."

This worries me, I can't believe they do not have help the helper defensive rotations again. get an NBA assistant coach in there, and guide 2k through all the proper rotations for pick and rolls and most importantly penetration (you can pay him with Pharrell's paycheck, and come up with a good soundtrack on your own). Wing 3's were wide open last year, and way too easy to create. the next defender should close out (if its a good shooter) on Kawhi, and the user should have to make the extra pass to the corner or top -- or even fake the pass to see if they can take the 3 themselves. defense should be a multiple effort on every possession. Thibs would be very disappointed hehe.

Also dont like this meter, how is this supposed to be more realistic? wide open shots are missed all the time in the NBA! I watched Ray Allen clank so many wide open 3's during his celtic years, you guys would have returned him to Gamestop to get your money back. I think people are a little too conditioned to expecting all open shots to go in -- the shooting percentages are so out of wack already! especially 3 pt shooting. I want more misses, not more swishes (and online modes and mycareer cannot be fixed with sliders).

on the bright side - on ball defense sounds great, just what I wanted to hear!
Old 08-15-2014, 01:27 PM   #54
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
This worries me, I can't believe they do not have help the helper defensive rotations again. get an NBA assistant coach in there, and guide 2k through all the proper rotations for pick and rolls and most importantly penetration (you can pay him with Pharrell's paycheck, and come up with a good soundtrack on your own). Wing 3's were wide open last year, and way too easy to create. the next defender should close out (if its a good shooter) on Kawhi, and the user should have to make the extra pass to the corner or top -- or even fake the pass to see if they can take the 3 themselves. defense should be a multiple effort on every possession. Thibs would be very disappointed hehe.
Mdogg,

Rotations are going to be much better than last year. Not sure what build this is but the defense is much further along than what your seeing. That is not to say (behind covering) that the AI will not miss rotations or leave guys open.

In addition, with defensive settings returning as previously mentioned. 2K allows the users to make settings adjustments that could have the consequence of breaking a rotation or making it late. There are also some other factors that have not been mentioned yet that can effect rotation speed etc.

This is the type of thing that can continue to be tuned up til release so there is always a chance it can get better (or worse ) from a beta build.

For clarification sake, yes rotations were suboptimal last year.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B
Old 08-15-2014, 01:40 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 1
OS Exclusive: NBA 2K15 Hands-On Impressions from Gamescom (Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Mdogg,

Rotations are going to be much better than last year. Not sure what build this is but the defense is much further along than what your seeing. That is not to say (behind covering) that the AI will not miss rotations or leave guys open.

In addition, with defensive settings returning as previously mentioned. 2K allows the users to make settings adjustments that could have the consequence of breaking a rotation or making it late. There are also some other factors that have not been mentioned yet that can effect rotation speed etc.

Yesss. Have new settings been added to defensive settings? Like say double off from? That would be fricking amazing.

Not really excited to hear the meter somehow gives you more control over missed shots Pretty sure Klay Thimpson had as much control as he could have when he started bricking wide open shots for a few months this season. If players average more than their NBA averages taking good shots (and you KNOW 2K players don't always), I'll be pretty disappointed.

Speaking of which, the automatic-while-open-and on-a-run already feels a bit overpowering.

Last edited by Sundown; 08-15-2014 at 01:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 02:08 PM   #56
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Mdogg,

This is the type of thing that can continue to be tuned up til release so there is always a chance it can get better (or worse ) from a beta build.

For clarification sake, yes rotations were suboptimal last year.
Coach profile settings, hustle and defensive awareness Czar will all be connected to help rotation? I hope they are connected.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »