Home

NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 New Shot Meter Explained within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2014, 09:23 PM   #65
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: New Shot Meter

A perfect release doesn't magically mean the player can actually make that shot. I can release that scrap of paper perfectly any time from my desk, still can't make the trash can 4 feet away.
Novato, CA, USA
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 09:27 PM   #66
Gameplay Director, NBA2k

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Thanks for clarifying that Beluba. I guess what is confusing me a bit is how exactly the shot animation and the meter are tied together.

I heard you mention that the meter grows and shrinks and the way I am now interpreting it is that the sweet spot of the meter corresponds with the ideal release point of the particular shooting animation...is that correct?

If this is correct, that the sweet spot of the meter corresponds with the ideal release point of the particular shooting animation, I am trying to understand how I would get different results if I applied the same shooting animation and timing to Curry and Perkins.

When you say that Curry will have an easier window to time than Perkins, do you mean that with Curry, good and fair shots may go in sometimes whereas with Perkins only perfect shots will go in?
The mechanics of the jump shot are the same as last year. That is, the timing and feel won't change. The ideal release point essentially maps to last year's excellent release point. The window that I've been talking about scales around this release point. So you have more freedom to miss the perfect timing point and still make a shot the larger the window is.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:31 PM   #67
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beluba
The mechanics of the jump shot are the same as last year. That is, the timing and feel won't change. The ideal release point essentially maps to last year's excellent release point. The window that I've been talking about scales around this release point. So you have more freedom to miss the perfect timing point and still make a shot the larger the window is.
Question for you....

Is it possible to hit shots even though you release faster than the idea top of the jump release....

also next year do you think you could add in a double pump jumper somehow... if you dont know what I mean I'll find a video for you
Old 08-15-2014, 09:33 PM   #68
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
I think we would all benefit if you made another short video showing this in practice mode. this will be easier to show than explain because it's confusing for some

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay

Last edited by thedream2k13; 08-15-2014 at 09:39 PM.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #69
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
A perfect release doesn't magically mean the player can actually make that shot. I can release that scrap of paper perfectly any time from my desk, still can't make the trash can 4 feet away.
Good to know. Thanks.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-15-2014, 09:40 PM   #70
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Quote:
Great! Thank you both, that answers my question.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:12 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0
Thanks Mike, makes me feel much better about it
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2014, 10:24 PM   #72
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

I think most are getting worked up over this and it will not be that bad. I think it will be easy to hit your target FG% if you get your meter timed perfectly that is how it should work for good shooters. The bad shooters it will be harder.

As long as open % meter perfect meter = what the shooter hits when open and it goes back to the ratings I don't see an issue here. We don't need any bonuses. I mean isn't how real % should work?

Beluba,

If you tune this right the games should be nice.

FYI Curry shot 50% on open spot up jumpers and 47% on contested jumpers.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »