Home

Was the dribble stick or old school isomotion more realistic?

This is a discussion on Was the dribble stick or old school isomotion more realistic? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2014, 12:01 AM   #9
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Was the dribble stick or old school isomotion more realistic?

I really like sig dribbling so I really liked Isomotion of 2K12. I have actually been playing a little 2K12 and going back to 2K14. 2K14 is the most intuitive control the 2K team has created but didn't capture the signature aspect which takes away from some of the realism. Also with complete control it allowed you to combo stuff that created some wierd animations that didn't flow visually.

-If they fix the transition animations from move to move to fix the fluidity then we will be much better in 2K15

-Give the signature dribblers more signature dribble moves that is in their dribble package size ups and crosses and keep most of the moves the same.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:50 AM   #10
Pro

GoJags904's Arena

OVR: 0

I feel that a dribble modifier stat line based on position and player should be worked on. i don't want to see Centers being created just to exploit the moves that are allowed. Every move should have a counter and ratings should determine that. Elite players make plays in different moments of different games. I've seen too many steals in the first quarters from teams that eventually fold and lose in the 2nd half, so i want to see full control over everything in the game. With counters and ratings factoring in, this should make for a complete game with player movement and intelligence the only things left to work on. Whether they mix up the isomotion and dribble stick is up in the air, but they should work on the internal issues because that can dramatically change the game we play sooner rather than later.
Old 08-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #11
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

I prefer the new system, however I miss the signature dribbling from the old system. Imo the 2k11 system was repetitive and doesn't give the user to the ability to create his own style like the new system. The old system was just standing canned animations which kinda took user skill away since it was basically a mini game of timing turbo, again just my opinion. The biggest issue with the new system is it lacks signature animations and every ball handler feels the same. Plus for whatever reason 2k made a lot of dribbling animations slow and sloppy, example crossovers and between the legs on the move. Also when you're sizing up 2k also mixed slow dribble moves with fast dribbles, which create a awkward look and feel, I think the dribbling animations need to blend together to create that smooth ball handler feel. Also allowing us to customize each dribble move would help with giving that signature feel back.

Last edited by jersez; 08-24-2014 at 11:15 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 12:23 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
I prefer the new system, however I miss the signature dribbling from the old system. Imo the 2k11 system was repetitive and doesn't give the user to the ability to create his own style like the new system. The old system was just standing canned animations which kinda took user skill away since it was basically a mini game of timing turbo, again just my opinion. The biggest issue with the new system is it lacks signature animations and every ball handler feels the same. Plus for whatever reason 2k made a lot of dribbling animations slow and sloppy, example crossovers and between the legs on the move. Also when you're sizing up 2k also mixed slow dribble moves with fast dribbles, which create a awkward look and feel, I think the dribbling animations need to blend together to create that smooth ball handler feel. Also allowing us to customize each dribble move would help with giving that signature feel back.
I think if they just improved on The isomotion that they had in 2k10/2k11/2k12 then we would be in a better space. I've gotten used to playing with the right stick fir dribbling, but I must say that signature dribbling, signature gathers and iso setups made 2k11 standout as one of the best implementations of dribble control ever seen in the franchise.
Old 08-24-2014, 12:31 PM   #13
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

I don't think the dribble stick has shown it's full potential yet.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #14
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Everyone keeps talking about responsivenss, but what about authenticity of each nba player.

Should I be able to run down the court with kyle korver and hit 10 crossovers in a row? My problem with the dribble stick is that very few people can handle the ball that well and quick in real life. But I guess the consesus so far is the freedom to put together combos and moves is prefered over limiting a player to the dribble moves he uses in a real nba game.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Old 08-24-2014, 01:26 PM   #15
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Should I be able to run down the court with kyle korver and hit 10 crossovers in a row?
No but coudn't you do 10 spins in a row with Korver with Isomotion ? No doubt they should add a lot of animations and limitations aswell but I'am not conviced Isomotion was better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2014, 01:53 PM   #16
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
No but coudn't you do 10 spins in a row with Korver with Isomotion ? No doubt they should add a lot of animations and limitations aswell but I'am not conviced Isomotion was better.
Haha. My hands werent that fast when isomotion was in. Irl most ball handlers have certain moves they are good at and other they are not. I have never seen kyle korver do a hesitation cross or double cross over. Thus, I can defend him without even thinking about those moves. My point was the dribble stick allows average ballhandlers to become elite ball handlers. It negates the value of tendenices imo. Not a game breaker but it could be more realistic. I get your isomotion point though.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »