Home

Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

This is a discussion on Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 07:51 PM   #81
Rookie

lilmikey201's Arena

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Quoted for extreme emphasis.

More repetition from my end, as I've been saying it for the last couple of years, but why would a game go out of their way to make modes that'd totally function well enough offline, online dependent? A part of me asks that rhetorically, but another part of me wonders if there really is some kind of legitimate and logical reason, for I am not particularly tech savvy.

However, 2K seemed to have little problem moving roster editing back to a local save situation (forcing roster editing to being completely online in 2K14 was insane in itself). Is there something even more technically sketchy and dangerous that'd come from having MyCareer be an offline mode until people decided to go online with it (ex: to play at The Park)? Is it something about the transition?

It all feels like a vastly overcomplicated manner by which to go about the construction of a video game. I've said it before, but it's like if my toaster was online dependent. There's absolutely no reason it should affect the baseline functionality. It could affect my online toasting tendency information, but not the function itself. It's borderline madness.

Online should be necessary and required only as a means to provide things only online could provide.
please send that to 2k! lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 08:04 PM   #82
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ya boy hollywud
EA games never have this many problems with their servers and games like Madden and FIFA sell very well.
Those games are also known for taking far more measured approaches to upgrades. One of the things I think endeared many people to 2K is there kitchen sink/aggressive approach to adding new content on a yearly basis. Even dating back to NFL2K5 these same characteristics were present, where there was some issue(s) with what they were trying to implement but most of what they were doing was pushing the envelope and trying to deliver fresh experiences.

I have NBA2K15 but don't have my XB1 yet so can't comment on how pervasive the issues are. I play mostly offline and from what I've read the gameplay is the best ever, and the new franchise mode plays extremely well which is an accomplishment considering they added so much to it in a shortened development period. I do know some of the more vocal here will conflate issues to make an argument more on principle than an issue's actual impact (for example I don't know that VC was as big an issue as some here made it out to be), but don't want to minimize anyone's issues.

Perhaps the answer is for 2K to take a more incremental approach to upgrades. Personally I'd hate to see them change their approach as I think their aggressiveness and willingness to push the envelope is what sets them apart from other developers. Given that the game's only been out 2 days I think they'll iron out some of the online issues. Not excusing whatever issues people are experiencing as a result of online dependencies of course. I saw a thread where some of the issues are PS4-related; not sure how true/false that is.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-09-2014, 08:06 PM   #83
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

And they took down the status page

And I can't even connect to their servers which makes my game a coaster right now

Seriously considering selling it

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Old 10-09-2014, 08:07 PM   #84
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NDAlum
And they took down the status page

And I can't even connect to their servers which makes my game a coaster right now

Seriously considering selling it
Lol they seriously took down the status page?

Maybe their servers couldn't support it...

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Old 10-09-2014, 08:16 PM   #85
MVP

EarvGotti's Arena

OVR: 5

The server issues made me not play 2K14 AT ALL last year. Seriously, no joke. This year will be the same thing if these online issues are not fixed.

Stop hyping up the freakin game if functions are not gonna work.
SF) Sapphire Scottie Pippen
PF) '95-'96 Dennis Rodman
C) Hakeem Olajuwon
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 08:18 PM   #86
Pro

laxman490's Arena

OVR: 6

Does myGM need the servers?
Old 10-09-2014, 08:19 PM   #87
Pro

OVR: 8

This is another example of a company that is complacent and doesn't give a crap since there isn't any major competition. After the crappy start with 2k14 they should have learned the second time around...joke...
Old 10-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #88
Rookie

OVR: 1

This sucks. It takes like 10 tries for connecting to servers...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »