Home

Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

This is a discussion on Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2014, 06:37 PM   #137
All Star

OVR: 32
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

It's really awful. Two times in a row now I played a MyTEAM Domination game, won, got the MyTEAM Points, but didn't get the packs or advance. Still stuck on the Bucks.

Terrible.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:45 PM   #138
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

This is really disappointing to hear. I skipped on out 2k this year because I didn't feel like the improvements from last November to this October would be enough for me relative to the jump from last gen to next gen, but was hoping that the servers would be better because they did say the devs spent a large part of the development cycle addressing the network issues. If this is indicative of the future, I won't be picking up 2k16.

If they are going to continue to tie single player features like MyTeam (some parts are single player) and MyCareer so that we can't play offline more or less, while not having reliable servers...I'll be disappointed.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:14 PM   #139
MVP

XenoZograscope's Arena

OVR: 15

I still haven't been able to play a single game in MyPark yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOD OF LIFE
idc what you think man, only god can jude me.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #140
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodii Rockets
Anyone think we'll see any of those clever quips from Ronnie, or gifs from LD2K in this thread or nah?

Funny how that works, but I digress...

Love the offline game so far, but this online debacle is a bit more than a wart on the game at this point.

Of course we won't. All talk and hype but when their product fails (which it always does as it's just the way software works) they literally disappear. It's absolutely shameful.

However it's our fault as consumers. We enable it by purchasing their product every single year despite knowing their track record and the overall likelihood of their current promises coming to fruition.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:53 PM   #141
Rookie

OVR: 0

What I don't understand is Madden releases every year without a single online hiccup. I bought madden 15 this year and on release day was able to play online, ultimate team, and online leagues. 2k on the other hand, god forbid I play anything, but offline. I haven't enjoyed what I know is an amazing game because I been stuck playing the dumb CPU in random pick up games. Hopefully everything will be fixed for good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2014, 12:10 AM   #142
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BegBy
Of course we won't. All talk and hype but when their product fails (which it always does as it's just the way software works) they literally disappear. It's absolutely shameful.

However it's our fault as consumers. We enable it by purchasing their product every single year despite knowing their track record and the overall likelihood of their current promises coming to fruition.
That's very true. It may sound harsh, but it's true. I still remember all the people complaining about nba 2k14 who turned around and got hyped and started talking about preordering nba 2k15. If you're unsatisfied with a product, it's stupid to turn around and impulse buy it and support the same company again. But this is what most people do. You gotta speak with your wallet.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:11 AM   #143
MVP

OVR: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
That's very true. It may sound harsh, but it's true. I still remember all the people complaining about nba 2k14 who turned around and got hyped and started talking about preordering nba 2k15. If you're unsatisfied with a product, it's stupid to turn around and impulse buy it and support the same company again. But this is what most people do. You gotta speak with your wallet.
that why i dont buy 2k till it goes on sale during black friday. hopefully by then the online component will be 60% effective. Since 2k9, this game has never worked day one out box online. Its seems most problems dont get solved til around xmas when the nba season begins to pick up.

Last edited by DaImmaculateONe; 10-12-2014 at 11:20 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 02:47 PM   #144
Rookie

OVR: 3
I am starting to think that 2k and comcast have the same IT personnel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »