Home

Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

This is a discussion on Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Best Camera Angles in MLB The Show 23
EA Sports PGA Tour Career Mode Trailer and Details Revealed
WWE 2K23 Review: The Champ Is Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2014, 12:08 PM   #1
Executive Editor
 
RaychelSnr's Arena
 
OVR: 57
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Oklahoma City, OK
Posts: 4,846
Blog Entries: 490
Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers



If you are having issues actually playing NBA 2K15 -- you are not alone. A casual glance at the 2K15 server status page looks like a giant down day on Wall Street with tons of red and orange flashing at you.

After last year's debacle, there is simply no excuse for a game launch going as poorly as the NBA 2K15 one has gone once again. Huge chunks of the game's experience have had issues even working since launch: MyTEAM, MyCAREER, The Park, the Jordan Rec Center -- just to name a few. If you are a single player guy who is interested in MyLEAGUE, that game mode is working fine at this time.

An issue which has reportedly been resolved dealt with players losing their face scans and player profile info as servers went down -- this is especially painful since the face scanning process is something which isn't exactly easy.

Granted, when things do get ironed out (if they do), the game plays great and by most marks is a well built title. But one has to ask why, after so much flak last year, is so much of the game's functionality (even in seemingly single player modes like MyCAREER) dependent upon servers which have never performed well historically?

For now, if you are a gamer who is on the fence about buying NBA 2K15, if you plan to play modes which need access to the 2K servers (most of them) it is probably a good idea to wait a bit to see if the problems clear up. You can see the status of the servers on 2K's website for reference.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
RaychelSnr is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 12:11 PM   #2
Rookie
 
godylla's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Jan 2009
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Could this issue be resolved by 2k releasing a demo for future iterations a few weeks from release with an online component to test their servers and have a couple weeks to iron out issues before the release date?
__________________
"Do or do not, there is no try."
- Yoda

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
godylla is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:13 PM   #3
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2014
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

MyTeam is great fun without the AH and being able to buy Packs ....not! And when the Non-US Version releases later today, good luck for their Servers LOL
TiquilaSunrise is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:15 PM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2011
Blog Entries: 8
@godylla I think if they actually beta test their servers they may be better off. They do show off the game to a select few but I believe honestly to understand their server capabilities and restraints they need to form some sort of beta testing group.


I actually was able to play MyCareer last night and early this morning...I was kicked out last night once after upgrading my player but was able to immediately pull it right back up with no issue.
Jadakiss88 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame
 
VDusen04's Arena
 
OVR: 18
Join Date: Aug 2003
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
But one has to ask why, after so much flak last year, is so much of the game's functionality (even in seemingly single player modes like MyCAREER) dependent upon servers which have never performed well historically?
Quoted for extreme emphasis.

More repetition from my end, as I've been saying it for the last couple of years, but why would a game go out of their way to make modes that'd totally function well enough offline, online dependent? A part of me asks that rhetorically, but another part of me wonders if there really is some kind of legitimate and logical reason, for I am not particularly tech savvy.

However, 2K seemed to have little problem moving roster editing back to a local save situation (forcing roster editing to being completely online in 2K14 was insane in itself). Is there something even more technically sketchy and dangerous that'd come from having MyCareer be an offline mode until people decided to go online with it (ex: to play at The Park)? Is it something about the transition?

It all feels like a vastly overcomplicated manner by which to go about the construction of a video game. I've said it before, but it's like if my toaster was online dependent. There's absolutely no reason it should affect the baseline functionality. It could affect my online toasting tendency information, but not the function itself. It's borderline madness.

Online should be necessary and required only as a means to provide things only online could provide.

Last edited by VDusen04; 10-09-2014 at 12:20 PM.
VDusen04 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 12:20 PM   #6
All Star
 
King_B_Mack's Arena
 
OVR: 23
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 24,068
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS


If you are having issues actually playing NBA 2K15 -- you are not alone. A casual glance at the 2K15 server status page looks like a giant down day on Wall Street with tons of red and orange flashing at you.

After last year's debacle, there is simply no excuse for a game launch going as poorly as the NBA 2K15 one has gone once again. Huge chunks of the game's experience have had issues even working since launch: MyTEAM, MyCAREER, The Park, the Jordan Rec Center -- just to name a few. If you are a single player guy who is interested in MyLEAGUE, that game mode is working fine at this time.

An issue which has reportedly been resolved dealt with players losing their face scans and player profile info as servers went down -- this is especially painful since the face scanning process is something which isn't exactly easy.

Granted, when things do get ironed out (if they do), the game plays great and by most marks is a well built title. But one has to ask why, after so much flak last year, is so much of the game's functionality (even in seemingly single player modes like MyCAREER) dependent upon servers which have never performed well historically?

For now, if you are a gamer who is on the fence about buying NBA 2K15, if you plan to play modes which need access to the 2K servers (most of them) it is probably a good idea to wait a bit to see if the problems clear up. You can see the status of the servers on 2K's website for reference.

Line of the article there. After last year this shouldn't have even been a thought. Maybe next year they will FINALLY learn they're lesson. If people want to mod the game then so be it, no reason to be putting us all in this position every year because we want to tie everything to 2K's crap servers.

Where's my man 24th at with that top men clip? Cause that's exactly how it's looking right now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
King_B_Mack is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #7
Pro
 
etched Chaos's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Feb 2010
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
Quoted for extreme emphasis.

More repetition from my end, as I've been saying it for the last couple of years, but why would a game go out of their way to make modes that'd totally function well enough offline, online dependent? A part of me asks that rhetorically, but another part of me wonders if there really is some kind of legitimate and logical reason, for I am not particularly tech savvy.

However, 2K seemed to have little problem moving roster editing back to a local save situation (forcing roster editing to being completely online in 2K14 was insane in itself). Is there something even more technically sketchy and dangerous that'd come from having MyCareer be an offline mode until people decided to go online with it (ex: to play at The Park)? Is it something about the transition?

It all feels like a vastly overcomplicated manner by which to go about the construction of a video game. I've said it before, but it's like if my toaster was online dependent. There's absolutely no reason it should affect the baseline functionality. It could affect my online toasting tendency information, but not the function itself. It's borderline madness.

Online should be necessary and required only as a means to provide things only online could provide.
I hate to say this, but it's VC, you cannot buy VC if you are offline. So we're suffering from horrible servers due to the greed of 2k, which is a crying shame.
etched Chaos is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 12:29 PM   #8
ERA
 
The 24th Letter's Arena
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 38,809
Re: Huge Chunks of NBA 2K15 Aren't Working Properly Thanks to Lackluster Servers

Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
Line of the article there. After last year this shouldn't have even been a thought. Maybe next year they will FINALLY learn they're lesson. If people want to mod the game then so be it, no reason to be putting us all in this position every year because we want to tie everything to 2K's crap servers.

Where's my man 24th at with that top men clip? Cause that's exactly how it's looking right now.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SMH....

Last year was supposed to be a wake up call..it's like they hit the snooze button...

http://youtu.be/Fdjf4lMmiiI
The 24th Letter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:57 AM.
Top -