Home

Official NBA 2k15 Gameplay Patch Suggestions

This is a discussion on Official NBA 2k15 Gameplay Patch Suggestions within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-28-2014, 08:57 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 0
Official NBA 2k15 Gameplay Patch Suggestions

I'llI wanted to start this thread because currently I am extremely frustrated with this year version of 2k. From the high frequency of missed shots to atrocious input lag, this could seriously be the worst version of 2k to date. I am a fan of 2k and have always enjoyed it but this year's version took the fun out of playing the game.

Below I list some gameplay problems that definitely need to be addressed in the first gameplay patch.

Main things they need to fix is shooting. The shooting mechanic was perfect !ast year and made sense. You get the perfect release but you won't always hit the shot. This year, 99℅ of the time you get perfect release, you will hit the shot. Exactly how is this realistic? Mike Wang says you can't master a the meter but seriously, why can't you master a persons shot? Its already hard enough to hit perfect release so therefore you are bricking majority of your shots. Not to mention, you can't even get perfect release with some people. FIX THIS ISSUE 2K! THIS IS RUINING THE GAME. JUST INCREASE SUCCESS OF PERFECT RELEASE LIKE LAST YR.

Some other bugs in the game include

-defensive pressure (individual assignments) settings do not work (I've tried multiple times)
-input lag in myteam mode vs other game modes
-input lag in online modes in general
-broken shot animation with some players in online vs offline
-broken shot meter with some players period (perfect release is unachievable)
-success rate of learners too high
-contested shot success too high
-extreme clipping when attempting to block shots or steal passes
-delay in inbounding pass because of ref
-extreme sliding with on ball defense
-random speed burst after loose ball and rebounds
-passing too slow between players
-high frequency in 3pt attempts by cpu
-the button (triangle/ps4 or y/Xbox) lacks responsiveness when attempting blocks
-weird missed ball animation when attempting a alley-oop to a open teammate
-issue with CPU rebounding
-My team difficulty should be set to simulation
-frequency of missed layups too high (with or without contact)
-issue with inability to make any offense or defense adjustments during in game timeouts late in the game

Feel free to add to the list of things that need to be adjusted

I will update as more people add issues to be patched

Last edited by Ballhardorgetbeat; 10-29-2014 at 05:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 09:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Mr Hough's Arena

Re: Official NBA 2k15 Gameplay Patch Suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballhardorgetbeat
I wanted to start this thread because currently I am extremely frustrated with this year version of 2k. From the high frequency of missed shots to atrocious input lag, this could seriously be the worst version of 2k to date. I am a fan of 2k and have always enjoyed it but this year's version took the fun out of playing the game.

Below I list some gameplay problems that definitely need to be addressed in the first gameplay patch.

Main things they need to fix is shooting. The shooting mechanic was perfect !ast year and made sense. You get the perfect release but you won't always hit the shot. This year, 99℅ of the time you get perfect release, you will hit the shot. Exactly how is this realistic? Mike Wang says you can't master a the meter but seriously, why can't you master a persons shot? Its already hard enough to hit perfect release so therefore you are bricking majority of your shots. Not to mention, you can't even get perfect release with some people. FIX THIS ISSUE 2K! THIS IS RUINING THE GAME. JUST INCREASE SUCCESS OF PERFECT RELEASE LIKE LAST YR.

Some other bugs in the game include

-defensive pressure (individual assignments) settings do not work (I've tried multiple times)
-input lag in myteam mode vs other game modes
-input lag in online modes in general
-broken shot animation with some players in online vs offline
-broken shot meter with some players period.
-success rate of learners too high
-contested shot success too high
-extreme clipping when attempting to block shots or steal passes
-delay in inbounding pass because of ref
-extreme sliding with on ball defense

Feel free to add to the list of things that need to be adjusted
The only things that need tweaking is the delay in inbound passes. This is so frustrating, having to wait 10 seconds is horrible

Some gameplay tweaks are needed, CPU 3PA one of them, but I'll just wait for an announcement from 2K
Old 10-28-2014, 09:22 PM   #3
Banned

WISports's Arena

I started one of these a while back...was hoping they'd sticky it.

* More zip on passes- Watching the CLE/MEM game right now on ESPN, and you can just see the difference in how fast their passes are compared to the game.

* Floor lighting/reflection- The courts need to have more of a glossy look to them, like 2K14 did.

* More responsive controls (offline)- I understand they added "weight" to the players, but these are world class athletes. There's shouldn't be a delay when you're trying to block a shot, move your guy in different directions, and trying to execute dribble moves like crossovers and spins moves.

* Net/Rim sounds and interaction- There should be different sounds when the ball goes thru the net. A putback from underneath the basket should not have the same sound as a swished 3 pointer.

*Also there are WAY too many swishes. I'd say 85% of made jumpers are swishes. Overall I'd like to see a better variation of ball to rim physics.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:47 PM   #4
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

All of the above that others post and I'll add what I think. I want to see LONG rebounds ..there is zero of them in this game and makes fast breaks non existent unless you get a steal. Fix the fouls, I shouldn't have to play with all foul sliders on 100 and still not get enough FT attempts in a game. The delay when playing a game and suppose to show you the ranking/stats for the season/month but they never pop up and pretty much frozen till they done talking about it. CPU subbing AI is horrible, every time I play Houston, Dwight plays the entire 48 even if he has gatorade cup by his name. Bring back the stamina bar when you hit down on dpad when subbing.
Old 10-28-2014, 09:49 PM   #5
Banned

WISports's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gremdog8
All of the above that others post and I'll add what I think. I want to see LONG rebounds ..there is zero of them in this game and makes fast breaks non existent unless you get a steal.
That's a really good one. Has there ever been long rebounds in any of the 2Ks?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #6
Banned

Aestiux's Arena

3 point attempts and foul attempts are not enough even with max CPU sliders. Cheese with User players on defense falling down for no reason and User defense jumping does not register at times. All of this NEEDS to be patched soon.
Old 10-29-2014, 01:24 AM   #7
Banned

Couldn't disagree more about the floor lighting. The reflections were way overdone and distracting in 2K14.
Old 10-29-2014, 02:14 AM   #8
Rookie

ingey1968's Arena

Stat overlays.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »