Home

Petition To Patch Input Delay

This is a discussion on Petition To Patch Input Delay within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2014, 11:21 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Petition To Patch Input Delay

Just listening to the delayed commentary on online play is more than enough to know how terrible the lag is.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:23 PM   #10
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
One thing I'd think you'd have to keep in mind is that there are more factors at play here than just 2K. Each player also has his own internet connection with it's own upload and download speed. If one player is streaming while playing or has everyone in their house using wifi off the same internet connection it could affect the game.

That's probably why you see differences each game. Everyone's connection is unique.

I've also understood that the type of tv someone plays on could affect the timing of shooting since what you see on the screen may not render precisely to the timing it actually occurs.

Yeah, but the offline delay shouldn't be such an issue. Let's compare apples to apples for a second. Anybody that has an Xbox One and a nice HDTV, play Forza 5 for a bit, then play 2K15 offline. Both games are 1080p, 60 fps, yet the difference in input lag is night and day. Cars react almost instantly in Forza 5, yet there is a very noticeable delay between controller input and on-screen action in 2K15.
Old 11-02-2014, 11:24 PM   #11
Rookie

Blue12's Arena

I don't know much about coding or how games are made, but I think something like this would be tough to patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-02-2014, 11:43 PM   #12
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetTheBoysShoot
Could you link me to it?
http://www.operationsports.com/featu...ons-interview/

Dribbling

Q: Is there anything in the patch that helps with the way PG's bring the ball up court?

A: I'm working on making it easier to walk the ball upcourt if that's what you're asking.

Player Movement & Contact

: Player movements have a lot of momentum this year. How do I gain full control over [a player]?

A: This was one of the biggest changes to gameplay overall this year, and it will continue to see significant improvement as we continue to refine it. My best advice is to try and read the ball handler, anticipate, and don't over commit. It's also important to manage use of Turbo, understand how feathering the stick works, and also make use of the Right Stick Quick Steps. Another big mistake I see people routinely make on defense is continually hugging up too much on the ball handler. When you're guarding a good ball handler, I suggest gapping off more often than not. Sometimes that's all you need in order to have enough time to react and cut him off.

That being said, we still need to do a better job at tightening up movement on both ends of the floor. That's something you can expect from us going forward.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 11-02-2014 at 11:48 PM.
Old 11-03-2014, 12:47 AM   #13
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

Fair enough but is worth your time to check your speeds if you are playing online. My group is playing hour plus 12 min qtr games and I only notice it some. Not much different than last year. Main problem I feel is just getting to know my teams lousy releases and the stingy three point shooting and that's because the shot engine has changed.

Offline I'm still working on hof but rookie and pro I don't see any problems and can shoot the lights out and defend fine.

We do have problems with disconnections occurring on the servers for a few guys though.

I'm not sayings it's not there but again if you are online check your internet speeds (and other home usage during games online.)

It might have a role in it.

Remember your opponent could delay you too if they aren't up to par.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 11-03-2014 at 12:59 AM.
Old 11-03-2014, 04:06 AM   #14
Banned

hi guys! How are you?
Old 11-03-2014, 08:49 AM   #15
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by www.Coach2K.com
Fair enough but is worth your time to check your speeds if you are playing online. My group is playing hour plus 12 min qtr games and I only notice it some. Not much different than last year. Main problem I feel is just getting to know my teams lousy releases and the stingy three point shooting and that's because the shot engine has changed.

Offline I'm still working on hof but rookie and pro I don't see any problems and can shoot the lights out and defend fine.

We do have problems with disconnections occurring on the servers for a few guys though.

I'm not sayings it's not there but again if you are online check your internet speeds (and other home usage during games online.)

It might have a role in it.

Remember your opponent could delay you too if they aren't up to par.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415022479.707176.jpg

Verizon Fios

Online speeds have nothing to do with
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2014, 10:02 AM   #16
ND

NDAlum's Arena

OVR: 29

I'm not a big tech guy but I'm pretty sure the PING @ 77ms + 1% packet loss isn't good.

Packet loss should be 0% and PING should be closer to 20-30...right?

Atlanta Braves Fantasy Draft Franchise | Google Docs History
NL East Champs 5x | WS Champion 1x (2020)
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »