Home

Should I buy 2k15 given the regression bug?

This is a discussion on Should I buy 2k15 given the regression bug? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-10-2014, 11:00 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 4
Should I buy 2k15 given the regression bug?

Since the patch does not address the regression issue, in your opinions would it be worth it to purchase 2k15? I'm an association only player and like to build teams over time, playing and simming a lot. From what I've read, it seems like the regression bug would severely limit my ability to play over a long span so I'm wondering if I should just skip the game this year and hope it's fixed for 2k16?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 11:37 AM   #2
Banned

Shady Mike's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Should I buy 2k15 given the regression bug?

Yes, this is one of the greatest sports gaming efforts of all time, and the regression issue at this point has been blown totally out of proportion. The issue is, people see their favorite athletes overall drop and they start to freak out.

I am also a long term player and while the bug is annoying, I don't feel like it's totally unrealistic. Jeff Green is a 71 overall 4 years into my association , but he still is a good scorer coming off the bench for my Celtics team who has already drafted his replacement.

Ultimately the decision is up to you, but anyone who would tell you that the game is not worth the money is just not looking at the big picture.

Sent from my HTC ONE using tapatalk Pro!

Last edited by Shady Mike; 12-10-2014 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-10-2014, 02:22 PM   #3
The Real Birdman

Mikelopedia's Arena

OVR: 1

Also in MyLeague (not MyGM) you have the ability to edit any changes to ratings you don't like.

PSN: MiiikeMarsh
Old 12-10-2014, 02:54 PM   #4
Rookie

Yes. Its kind of like if you have ever gotten sick after eating Taco Bell, your gonna do it again becasue its just taste so good that you cant stay away but from time to time its gonna mess with you.
Thats what this game is like its great over all but there are some small bugs that you can live with.
Old 12-10-2014, 03:22 PM   #5
Pro

joosegoose's Arena

2k15 is a great game--the best gameplay I've ever experienced in a basketball game. However, I'm a guy that typically only buys every few years when a major step forward has been taken. Also worth mentioning- I rarely ever buy any games for more than $10 simply because that's my gaming budget. 2k11 was a major step forward worth buying to me, and I got 2k14 when it was $7.50 largely for the mods.

With the major strides 2k15 was supposed to take in the franchise department, I couldn't resist buying close to launch at close to full price. While the gameplay has been wonderful, the franchise hasn't come close to meeting expectations thanks largely to this issue. A question like this is very subjective, and this is only my opinion, but if I could do it all over again, I would not have bought this game. Keep in mind I'm also a franchise-aholic that doesn't play other game modes (dabbled in MyCareer but that's it) or play online.

I'm glad that some users think regression is fine or is even realistic (I'd hate for this to ruin everyone's experience), but I can't see how this is anything close to realistic. Sure, it accurately portrays the guys who are on their way out of the league or flame out unexpectedly/quickly, but it applies those same regression rules to everybody, and shooting stats are treated the same as all other attributes.

I really need to go through the game one day and record the age distribution of the current NBA, then sim 5-7 years into MyLeague and do the same. I'm confident it will be completely different, a much, much younger league. And I'm the kind of guy who doesn't have much of an attachment to many current NBA players and would love to see lower ratings from a lot of veterans. But seeing 27 year old, 80 overall starters completely flame out of the league in 3 years time (they regress to ~68 overall) every single time without stat boosting, offseason camps, or unique training (cpu gets none of these) to back them up? Not for me.

I don't intend for this to sound negative or as a rant, though I'm sure it does. Just wanted to give you an idea of how I value things as a player and how I view the game given that perspective. If this isn't you, then buy this game and enjoy the hell out of it, it's phenomenal otherwise

Last edited by joosegoose; 12-10-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-10-2014, 03:41 PM   #6
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by annan
Since the patch does not address the regression issue, in your opinions would it be worth it to purchase 2k15? I'm an association only player and like to build teams over time, playing and simming a lot. From what I've read, it seems like the regression bug would severely limit my ability to play over a long span so I'm wondering if I should just skip the game this year and hope it's fixed for 2k16?
If you like to put that much effort into a franchise, then you can just edit each player you don't feel has regressed at a normal rate.

Yes, doing that would be time consuming, but with the new MyLeague you can basically do whatever you want, whenever you want to do it. This is probably the most enjoyable NBA game I've ever played, and I've been playing NBA games since Double Dribble on the NES.

Plus you can get it for $35 on Amazon right now, so you really can't go wrong.
Old 12-10-2014, 04:07 PM   #7
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4

depends how many hours you're willing to put into this game. there are workarounds to the problem but all take time. i still think 2k13 had the greatest franchise mode out of any basketball game but that's just me.

(on the court gameplay is amazing however)
Old 12-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #8
Banned

Aestiux's Arena

2K15 is a great game, and it might have the best gameplay of all 2K games. The regression is the biggest issue for all us association players and it's actually impossible to delve deep into a MyLeague currently. Still I believe this will be fixed in 2K15.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »