Home

2K Gameplay is too stale/basic

This is a discussion on 2K Gameplay is too stale/basic within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2015, 05:56 PM   #17
Pro

manu1433's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 2K Gameplay is too stale/basic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I have one with D Rose beating guys down court that were actually ahead of him when he got possession...I actually made it to prove you could still one man fast break in another thread...
i said it wasn't as bad as in previous years...and that it sometimes happens and other times it doesn't

if i get time to play...I'll post make another video and post it in here...haven't played the game much post patch, so it may have been fixed in the past month too...so take that FWIW
Old 01-03-2015, 06:20 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm saying they're a lot of things you can't do in the came that you see in real life, I'm not really targeting explosion. We can't split the double, and really anything off ball on offense is just useless.

You can't curl of a screen and go into a shot in rhythem. You can't retain a dribble when receiving the ball after a curl and head to the rim. A.I teammates don't cut.

I have yet to see any good person in terms of ball movement and finding the open man after constant movement. Tbh the only way way the cpu scores on me is talking me of the dribble and getting to the rim or in thethe sitting from the post. The post is greatly improved imo except from all the way misses.

They Ned to add more distinguishable things like how lillard will just walk the ball down the court, hot a quick between the legs and drain 3. Out kyrie splitting the pick (which he does 70% of the time) hitting a in and out crossover on the big and hitting the layup. You never see any of that in 2K

Everybody scores the exact same way
Old 01-03-2015, 06:28 PM   #19
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UConcord11
I'm saying they're a lot of things you can't do in the came that you see in real life, I'm not really targeting explosion. We can't split the double, and really anything off ball on offense is just useless.

You can't curl of a screen and go into a shot in rhythem. You can't retain a dribble when receiving the ball after a curl and head to the rim. A.I teammates don't cut.

I have yet to see any good person in terms of ball movement and finding the open man after constant movement. Tbh the only way way the cpu scores on me is talking me of the dribble and getting to the rim or in thethe sitting from the post. The post is greatly improved imo except from all the way misses.

They Ned to add more distinguishable things like how lillard will just walk the ball down the court, hot a quick between the legs and drain 3. Out kyrie splitting the pick (which he does 70% of the time) hitting a in and out crossover on the big and hitting the layup. You never see any of that in 2K

Everybody scores the exact same way
You probably won't find a lot of people willing to admit that you are right.

But you clearly are.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:43 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu1433
You probably won't find a lot of people willing to admit that you are right.

But you clearly are.
Thanks.

I know devs frequent the forum a lot so I just hope they see this. It could huge next game but of course I have my doubts any of that will be implemented.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:54 PM   #21
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMichiganFan
Really? I never have that problem. What difficulty and sliders do you use?
This is always the question. The people that never seem to have any problems with gameplay are the ones that play modes where you can edit sliders to mask the problems that have plagued 2k for years. From Pro to HoF, on Default or Sim, slow CPU bigs run down much faster players consistently. This leads to the contested shot animation and creates even more missed layups than are already in the game. The hesitation animation that triggers even when no one is around, the input lag, the sluggishness of players that are not on the CPUs team, the lightning fast reaction times by the CPU are all things you can minimize, IF you can use and adjust sliders. Unfortunately, a lot of us can't use them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2015, 07:10 PM   #22
Pro

manu1433's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova91
This is always the question. The people that never seem to have any problems with gameplay are the ones that play modes where you can edit sliders to mask the problems that have plagued 2k for years. From Pro to HoF, on Default or Sim, slow CPU bigs run down much faster players consistently. This leads to the contested shot animation and creates even more missed layups than are already in the game. The hesitation animation that triggers even when no one is around, the input lag, the sluggishness of players that are not on the CPUs team, the lightning fast reaction times by the CPU are all things you can minimize, IF you can use and adjust sliders. Unfortunately, a lot of us can't use them.
Exactly, any dolt should know that you can edit sliders if you are playing offline quick games, offline associations or what not.

However, in the majority of the game modes, this isn't an option at all.

Can't even edit sliders in an online league lol.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:44 PM   #23
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6

The transition was better pre-patch, but it's still a lot better than it was 3 years ago. One man fastbreaks are definitely possible with the right players.

Games are definitely dynamic. In my last 2 Indy held me to 83, then I scored 105 vs the Lakers.

I don't think anyone will argue that rim physics and shot physics need a drastic overhaul.
Old 01-03-2015, 08:59 PM   #24
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Kidd
The transition was better pre-patch, but it's still a lot better than it was 3 years ago. One man fastbreaks are definitely possible with the right players.

Games are definitely dynamic. In my last 2 Indy held me to 83, then I scored 105 vs the Lakers.

I don't think anyone will argue that rim physics and shot physics need a drastic overhaul.
Who are the right players? I see Kemba Walker getting run down on the break by Boris Diaw after a rip at the top of the key and I'll see my guy(95 speed, quickness etc) get caught from by the time he hits 3 pt line by Jonas Valanciunias when trying to take an outlet pass off a rebound these all end up in an awkward hesitation animation(eventhough I'm in front by a step or two) or that dreaded contested animation that results in a missed layup or the horsecollar tackle that is hardly ever a foul. Or you'll be holding the sprint button(you see the stamina bar depleting) but your player never picks up more than a light jog even though the game just started, turning what was a 1 on 1 or 2 on 1 into a 1 on 2 or 2 on 3. If the fastest, freshest player on the floor is not the right player, then who is?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »