Home

Old 01-24-2015, 07:36 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Injuries

I hardly ever see them. I've seen like a handful in all my games combined (no simming). Two were on coming down from jump shots, two others were like random back injuries. There's really not nearly enough in general when I've played, thinking about tweaking the durability slider to see if that helps.

Another thing which is kind of lame is even when u do have guys hurt, they can play through it too often. I get that players play with injuries but there's too many u can do that with in 2k, and also when u do there's no noticeable affect on the players performance. Like their ratings decrease, but I don't see a change in their play on the court in terms of both performance and also how they move (i.e. Limping, moving more gingerly etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-24-2015, 09:50 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 6

Since i'm the Lakers, I think it's because I have Gary Vitti as my trainer smh. Now if that's the case then that answers a lot of questions
Old 01-25-2015, 06:35 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsOTTOmatic
I hardly ever see them. I've seen like a handful in all my games combined (no simming). Two were on coming down from jump shots, two others were like random back injuries. There's really not nearly enough in general when I've played, thinking about tweaking the durability slider to see if that helps.

Another thing which is kind of lame is even when u do have guys hurt, they can play through it too often. I get that players play with injuries but there's too many u can do that with in 2k, and also when u do there's no noticeable affect on the players performance. Like their ratings decrease, but I don't see a change in their play on the court in terms of both performance and also how they move (i.e. Limping, moving more gingerly etc)
No visual change you are right on this point, and I'd also love to be able to see on the court that they are playing through an injury.

But the ratings decrease is noticeable. Especially when you don't sim. Like I said before, I had OJ Mayo with "pinched nerve in back" and it was really hard to make jump shot with the -9 decrease in overall rating. So I finally benched him with 0 minutes (my reserve was already full with two unplayable injuries), and it's really cool that you can now bench injured players and they don't complain. Plus, when you force a player to play through his injury, you'll see his morale drop a little.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-25-2015, 01:18 PM   #12
MVP

Your lucky. I'm the t wolves and in my first season I lost k mart and pek to concussions and in my second season I lost Wiggins for 2-4 months dora strained or torn something. It sux
Old 01-25-2015, 05:13 PM   #13
Pro

One thing I keep noticing is this. The body parts for all my players always resets to green. After back to backs everyone is fresh instead of rested, tired or sluggish. But for everyone else meaning the rest of the league, don't have that problem. Now I know why there no injuries for me smh
Old 01-26-2015, 01:10 AM   #14
Pro

OMG i'm so slow. It's the GM badges that was keeping my team from getting hurt, tired and everything else. Once you unequipped those, then the players start to fatigue and everything as they supposed to.
Old 01-26-2015, 05:09 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

Yeah the badges thing is killing this mode in my opinion. It's making it too easy if you equip them all.
The only ones I keep are the scouting bonus and the pitches.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-26-2015, 10:13 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0

From what i'm reading here, it sounds like injuries are similar to last year, you only see em' on jumpshots. I thought that was kinda dumb last year honestly, you don't see people break their ankles on jumpshots nearly as often as it happened to me last year. It would be nice to see more realistic injuries based off of contact instead of open jumpers, especially now that we have some nice hard foul animations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »