Home

Old 01-23-2015, 09:30 AM   #1
Pro

OVR: 6
Injuries

I played 15 straight games and no injuries at all. Please someone help me with this please. I play Mygm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2015, 09:56 AM   #2
Pro

ThatMichiganFan's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Injuries

For the whole league or just your team? Maybe you have injuries turned off.

2K18 Sliders:https://forums.operationsports.com/f...n-sliders.html
Old 01-23-2015, 10:01 AM   #3
Pro

No I have injuries turned on but see no injuries. I see injuries aroun the league but when I play I don't see none. I see Superstars have season ending injuries but none for my team.
Old 01-23-2015, 10:24 AM   #4
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

Yeah, you'll rarely see injuries. The only time you'll see one in my experience is when a player takes a jumpshot or jump for a rebound and gets injured. You don't see stuff like a concussion or etc.

With all the hard foul animations and etc, it seems they would use more. And the frequency should be a little higher.

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy
Old 01-23-2015, 10:39 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
Yeah, you'll rarely see injuries. The only time you'll see one in my experience is when a player takes a jumpshot or jump for a rebound and gets injured. You don't see stuff like a concussion or etc.

With all the hard foul animations and etc, it seems they would use more. And the frequency should be a little higher.
I agree with this. I do see injuries but they always happen during jumpshot animations or rebounding animations. I've never seen someone drive, take a wrong cut and tear an ACL or anything of that sort which is really unfortunate. It's something 2k should really work on for the next game. They've already done the hard part and made each body part have its own durability ratings and have awesome animations in the paint for fouls and contact. Go one step further and make injuries happen from some of those animations.

But injuries do happen and I don't think they're particularly that rare. If you're playing MyGM turn off the badges or else you'll never see an injury. Currently as the Heat I have Dwayne Wade, Luol Deng and Hassan Whiteside injured for the next few weeks (All off jumpshots!)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2015, 12:21 PM   #6
Pro

Is there anything I can do with the sliders to make it happen more often ? I tried playing Myleague but for some reason the game speed seem a little faster compared to mygm
Old 01-24-2015, 05:37 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Well maybe you're lucky...

Just played a couple of games with my Bucks in MyGM.
First one, Middleton got injured really bad, he just ran into another player, no foul just a random contact, and immediately laid down on the floor in pain. The game stopped : broken ankle, out for season.

Next game, Henson tore an ankle (rebounding) and Mayo got "pinched nerve in the back" taking a foul (you know, the fouls you sometimes get when you pump fake). Both are 4-6 weeks.

So you see, injuries do happen to your team, and bad ones too. But I agree it's most of the times from jump shooting and rebounding, but not always, and it seems pretty realistic to me though.
And with two games left in the season, only 1 game behind the Nets for the 8th spot, it can be frustrating. But part of the game which is a good thing.

Last edited by Damien7; 01-24-2015 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-24-2015, 06:10 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 8

I have injuries galore in Myleague. Did two sims and had a ton of injuries. I lost Jennings, Monroe, and Augustin in one of them. Was playing Dinwiddie (he was actually quite good) and signed Will Bynum to back him up. And then I decided to do a 30 team control Myleague because I got sick of the offseason free agent signings. 3 games in (I play the Pistons), Westbrook breaks his ankle so badly it is career ending.

so yeah....I've got plenty of injuries using default sliders in Myleague.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »