Home

Something is wrong with this game. Durant with 22 points in less than 8 minutes.

This is a discussion on Something is wrong with this game. Durant with 22 points in less than 8 minutes. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-12-2015, 03:34 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Something is wrong with this game. Durant with 22 points in less than 8 minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FedExPope
I remember dominating my friend a few years ago in 2K11 with Josh Smith. I canned a 28 footer like it was nothing because his release was so easy to master. My friend was like "No ****in way..." It capped off a 36 point game for him on 5 minute quarters. That was the moment when for my offline games I started to use real player %.
J-Smoove was a beast in 2k14.
Old 06-12-2015, 06:55 PM   #18
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

Re: Something is wrong with this game. Durant with 22 points in less than 8 minutes.

Defense needs a lot of work in this game.

The big problem is that the worst 'defensive mechanics' do not apply to BOTH teams. (Only yours.)

Notice how the cpu defenders never (or rarely ever) get caught in that annoying 'foot shuffle' animation that moves your player waaaay out of position, when guardian the ball handler.

I can't remember seeing the cpu get caught in that animation more than once or twice per game.... While it happens to my player at least 5x per quarter without spamming the steal button.

Also 'foot planting' has zero effect on the cpu.

On defense, the cpu can run at full speed to stop your fast breaks... then pivot, stop on a dime, or change direction FLAWLESSLY... with zero momentum penalties.

If 2k is gonna introduce 'foot planting'... they need to ensure that it affects BOTH sides of the ball equally.

Otherwise, it instantly becomes a (one-sided) 'penalty' that gives the cpu a 'distinct advantage' that WE never get to benefit from, especially in MyCareer mode.
Old 06-12-2015, 07:00 PM   #19
Rookie

Roger_Black's Arena

Correction: ^^^ 'guarding the ball handler'.

(sorry, my auto-correct function on my phone substituted the word 'guardian', in my post above)
Old 06-14-2015, 10:16 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 7

Yeah, playing defense can be a joke. I particularly hate going for a steal, missing and somehow ending up as a spectator for a few seconds in the first row of the court seats. It's like my player has mops on the bottom of his shoes and he's cleaning the floor while trying to stay in front of his man.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »