Home

Under radar past/retro teams we don't talk about enough to add to Classic 2k games

This is a discussion on Under radar past/retro teams we don't talk about enough to add to Classic 2k games within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2015, 07:06 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Under radar past/retro teams we don't talk about enough to add to Classic 2k game

2004 T-Wolves w/KG, Spree, Cassell, Wally, etc...
1994 Warriors w/Webber, Sprewell, Mullin, Avery Johnson (+Popovich as asst. coach)
1992 Knicks as opposed to the 95...imo theyre best team of the 90s
Old 09-05-2015, 07:38 AM   #34
MVP

OVR: 2
Re: Under radar past/retro teams we don't talk about enough to add to Classic 2k game

85 Knicks (bernard king 32.9 ppg) 79 Spurs with peak iceman, 77 Jazz with Maravich at 31.1 ppg, 84 Jazz with Dantley, 81 Nuggets with English David thompson, Issel and kiki...
Old 09-05-2015, 08:25 AM   #35
MVP

VizzyXV's Arena

OVR: 2

Two dudes I wanna see return to 2K, Brandon Roy and Baron Davis!

It would be cool if 2K implemented like a Legends Free Agent pool, where they could just put a lot of wanted players, who they can't create the teams they were on for whatever reason
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2015, 12:44 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

96-97 Heat: Tim Hardaway was unguardable that year, Alonzo Mourning, Mash, Pj Brown, Voshon, Majerle off the bench. Would be fun.

2001-2002 Bucks: Ray Allen in his prime, Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson, Cassell, Tim Thomas, a young Michael Redd, Mason Rip. would be an awesome squad to run with, so much shooting prowess on that team. Skip to my lou, and Darvin Ham as well.

99-00 Pistons: Stack, Grant Hill, Lindsey Hunter, "Send it" in Jerome Williams. We gotta have a prime Grant Hill. Could be fun to have the 00-01 Magic too with T mac and a healthy grant hill, Darrell Armstrong. Young Mikey Miller.

98-99 Knicks: Personal favorite right here. 99-2000 Knicks would be fine too. But, Sprewell!! Allan Houston, Ewing, Charlie Ward, Larry Johnson, Young Camby! Chris Childs, Kurt Thomas, Please !! Still holding out hope.

Those would be my additions, the more the better.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:49 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
99-00 Pistons: Stack, Grant Hill, Lindsey Hunter, "Send it" in Jerome Williams. We gotta have a prime Grant Hill.
As a Pistons fan, I'm selfishly interested in seeing a teal era team on 2K but I struggle to justify their inclusion. There wasn't a lot there. After Grant and Stack, there was a lot of middle-of-the-road guys, and not even the fun kind like Muggsy Bogues or Dell Curry. More along the lines of Michael Curry and John Crotty.

Also, small detail, but that Jerome was the Junkyard Dog. Send It In Jerome was Jerome Lane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh9PToHOquI
Old 09-05-2015, 12:53 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

DamnYanks2's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
As a Pistons fan, I'm selfishly interested in seeing a teal era team on 2K but I struggle to justify their inclusion. There wasn't a lot there. After Grant and Stack, there was a lot of middle-of-the-road guys, and not even the fun kind like Muggsy Bogues or Dell Curry. More along the lines of Michael Curry and John Crotty.

Also, small detail, but that Jerome was the Junkyard Dog. Send It In Jerome was Jerome Lane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh9PToHOquI
Yea, notice I couldn't come up with too many players on that team. Prime Grant Hill is the only real attraction and Stack.

That's a real Dark Horse pick, no pun intended.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:56 PM   #39
MVP

midwestking100's Arena

OVR: 0

93 clippers : Danny Manning, Ron Harper, Mark Jackson, Ken "Snake" Norman, Stanley Roberts. Fun team to play. Took the Rockets to 5 in a best of five series. And since the defense has been retool: 92 Knicks : A nasty frontcourt in Ewing, Oakley and The X-man Xavier McDaniel. One of the top three defenses in the early 90s.

Last edited by midwestking100; 09-05-2015 at 01:05 PM.
Old 09-05-2015, 12:57 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamnYanks2
Yea, notice I couldn't come up with too many players on that team. Prime Grant Hill is the only real attraction and Stack.

That's a real Dark Horse pick, no pun intended.
Haha, well played.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »