Home

Looks like Kareem is back in 2k

This is a discussion on Looks like Kareem is back in 2k within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2015, 02:27 PM   #25
Rookie

ray52ray27's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Looks like Kareem is back in 2k

Now we need Chuck and Reggie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 02:35 PM   #26
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthurt
A little off subject but seeing all the love they are giving classic teams I wonder if in the future they will bring back the atmosphere and presentation to match the certain decades like they had in 2k12. I know it would lead to probably having to play 80s vs. 80s or 90s vs. 90s type matchups, but I'm sure it would be a welcomed feature.

I've always wondered why this was included for exhibition or other modes. WWE 2K also had this feature. Maybe it's something they will include this year? You would think the option to use a different scorebug and filter would be easy to add in, but the immersion would be A++

Cautious optimism.
Old 09-16-2015, 02:51 PM   #27
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
I don't think this confirms him at all since it is a my player card, but we'll see.
I agree and am not getting my hopes up. I'm probably wrong about this, but haven't they had players in the MyTeam area that weren't in the base game on a classic team?

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to have Kareem on the Bucks and Lakers, but I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic until I see him sitting there on the roster next to Magic and Big O.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:00 PM   #28
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

YES! thats such great news.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:01 PM   #29
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
That's big. I can actually use the Showtime Lakers again. Also may indicate that legends got some attention this year.
I was dying to do a showtime Lakers vs Bird Celtics last year but it was just pointless without Kareem. Pumped that he is back.
Old 09-16-2015, 03:22 PM   #30
Pro

kdurantmvp's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I agree and am not getting my hopes up. I'm probably wrong about this, but haven't they had players in the MyTeam area that weren't in the base game on a classic team?

Don't get me wrong, I'd LOVE to have Kareem on the Bucks and Lakers, but I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic until I see him sitting there on the roster next to Magic and Big O.
yes the great shawn bradley was in my team but nowhere to be found on the main game
Old 09-16-2015, 03:52 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellow86
I don't think this confirms him at all since it is a my player card, but we'll see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929

I'd be very, very surprised if Kareem Abdul-Jabbar were a MyTeam exclusive. I think the difference between Abdul-Jabbar and some of the other classic players who've been exclusive to MyTeam is the fact Abdul-Jabbar has two of his classic teams already included (I believe the 1971 Bucks and 1987 Lakers).

Meanwhile, guys like Rick Barry, Shawn Bradley, and Tracy McGrady were MyTeam exclusive because they did not have a corresponding classic team in the standard mode with which they could be a part. Now that the 2003 Mavericks and 2008 Rockets have been added, both Bradley and McGrady should appear both in MyTeam and standard play, just as I assume Abdul-Jabbar will.

Last edited by VDusen04; 09-16-2015 at 09:45 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2015, 04:22 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 17

^^^^
this plus the card say 87. Which represents the year the card is based off of. Why wouldn't he be on the 87 lakers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »