Home

PS4 highlight reel >8min Quarters ?

This is a discussion on PS4 highlight reel >8min Quarters ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2015, 06:07 AM   #17
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: PS4 highlight reel >8min Quarters ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
1. That's not the issue it was already disproven in another thread.

2. No other sports game has this issue on ps4. Even Live on 12 minute quarters allows all the highlights. So.... what's so special about 2k?
1. Assertion. No evidence. If it was disproven as such, say it here.

2. I don't know if you've heard, but let me give you the inside info, the stuff only the real professionals get to know:

Live is programmed differently. If they've figured it out, you are free to buy their game instead of this obvious pile of garbage, which you clearly think this is a deal-breaking issue on.

Don't throw out the donut because it has a hole.
Old 09-25-2015, 06:32 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 7

I can't believe this problem has not been fixed yet. It would be nice if someone from the dev team could explain why this is happening.

Sent from my SM-A300H using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2015, 06:38 AM   #19
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

When I get the highlights showing during QTers I can see the Jordan highlights at the end. I noticed this same thing last year.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:00 AM   #20
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGSW
1. That's not the issue it was already disproven in another thread.

2. No other sports game has this issue on ps4. Even Live on 12 minute quarters allows all the highlights. So.... what's so special about 2k?

Actually the same issue happened in Live last year until it was patched, and even then the PS4 didn't hold the same amount as highlights as the XBO...not sure about this year...

Either way, it doesn't matter what every other sports game is doing....because not every game is running the same engine. There's obviously some place the PS4 and 2k get their wire s crossed being that the issue is exclusive to one system....people aren't pulling the PS4 thing out of their *** either, it was said by someone on the staff

Either way, I hope they fix it and fix it soon....it's one of my favorite presentation elements and it sucks this is the 3rd year we have to deal with it...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2015, 07:08 AM   #21
CMH
Making you famous

CMH's Arena

OVR: 46

Major dissapointment. There's no excuse.

A lot of good will gets lost in this. What's presentation if I can't even get highlights. Last year I had to play a different game than others because I play 12 min quarters. Always. It's not fair that an NBA sim that allows for realistic scores at 12 min is essentially punishing gamers that play sim.

sent from my mobile device
"It may well be that we spectators, who are not divinely gifted as athletes, are the only ones able to truly see, articulate and animate the experience of the gift we are denied. And that those who receive and act out the gift of athletic genius must, perforce, be blind and dumb about it -- and not because blindness and dumbness are the price of the gift, but because they are its essence." - David Foster Wallace

"You'll not find more penny-wise/pound-foolish behavior than in Major League Baseball." - Rob Neyer
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 07:57 AM   #22
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Well, more presentation disappointment.

Now I have absolutely no highlights whatsoever. No end of quarter highlights, no halftime highlights, no postgame highlights. PS4, 12 minute quarters.

... at least the gameplay on the court is solid. But the entire immersion factor is thrown out the window.

I may seriously consider getting an XB1 just for future NBA2k releases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
When I get the highlights showing during QTers I can see the Jordan highlights at the end. I noticed this same thing last year.
How do you manage to get end of quarter highlights?

EDIT:

I have to add one more thing. The triangle button also does not work in the box score screen. I tried pressing every button on any player and nothing happens. This highlight presentation feature (end of quarter highlights, halftime highlights, post game highlights) is simply "gone." It's coded in the game somewhere, but for whatever reason, I now have no access to them...at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Your talking about signature highlights right? Where you go to the box score and hit triangle on a player?

They worked for me twice with 8 minute quarters, haven't tried anything after that. Weren't they broken for 6 minutes plus last year....I figured that meant they were fixed...

Would suck royally of not...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-25-2015 at 08:37 AM.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:18 AM   #23
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Damn! I figured it was a problem when no one would confirm prior to release.

I bought a PS4 for The Show and have only purchased it once this generation. I'm now considering holding off on NBA 2K until I swap for a XBOne.

Eh well.
Old 09-25-2015, 08:36 AM   #24
Pro

OVR: 6

This is a huge deal for me.

Are highlights confirmed to work on Xbox One?

Pro Sports: Falcons, Hawks
College Sports: Canes, Blue Devils

Are You A Gator *****?

Real Gator Haters Drink Powerade.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »