Home

PS4 highlight reel >8min Quarters ?

This is a discussion on PS4 highlight reel >8min Quarters ? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2016, 11:11 AM   #249
Chillin

RoyceDa59's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PS4 highlight reel >8min Quarters ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspencer86
Thank you 2K for getting this fixed. That was one of my major presentation annoyances with the past few versions.
I agree, honestly I probably would have waited until next year to pick this up if this hadn't been fixed. It is a feature I really enjoy after my games are completed and being able to look at all they key plays in games is just great. Also thanks to strawberryshortcake and the others who confirmed this.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:15 AM   #250
MVP

BezO's Arena

OVR: 20

Anyone with both consoles care to compare the POTG highlights?

They seem very short and very close up, at least compared to the halftime highlights. I'm wondering if they had to make some sacrifices to get them working. As long as I've waited for these, I'm not happy with them.
Old 09-22-2016, 11:25 AM   #251
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO

They seem very short and very close up, at least compared to the halftime highlights. I'm wondering if they had to make some sacrifices to get them working. As long as I've waited for these, I'm not happy with them.
Canīt compare it to this years PS4, but to 2K16 on Xbox One.
And I have to agree, they seem very short and sometimes the screen is getting black during the individual highlights.
Last year they worked perfectly on Xbox.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2016, 01:17 PM   #252
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

PS4 12 minute quarters, 6-7 consecutive play now offline games.

I blame football season for allowing me to only play I believe 6 or 7 straight offline "Play Now" games on Hall of Fame 12 minute quarters default broadcast. Have not gotten into franchise mode specifically just yet unfortunately (but will be testing that). Halftime highlights works. The good thing about the halftime highlights is the lighting is now the same as playing the game. 2k16's halftime used a different lighting, seemingly a brighter filter versus playing the game. Post game player of the game highlights work. There aren't any "team" highlights for the post game show. Not sure if that's how it is with the XBOX. Player of the game highlights are mostly up close and personal.

Individual box score game highlights works ... to a certain extent. They work in the sense that the majority have individual highlights, some are shorter than others. Meaning it could simply be one clip on repeat. While other gets a lot more highlights. Don't know if it's an anomaly but sometimes pressing the triangle button multiple times just to refresh the individual highlights brings up a different camera for what could be the same highlights (don't quote me on this, requires further testing). Some might, unfortunately not get a full clip and very infrequently just completely get a black screen after a millisecond trying to load a clip. It doesn't seem to be strictly predicated on the player's second half offense output as I once thought, but I will be doing further testing.

Important note: Do not attempt to replay the player of the game (POTG) highlights or else you won't get to see your other teammates box score game highlights; it'll just be flooded with POTG highlights. If Curry was player of the game, and you wanted to replay his POTG highlights, when you attempt to view Klay's, Draymond's, Durant's individual highlights package, you'll be presented with Curry's highlight package. If you must rewatch the POTG highlights, I suggest doing so only after you've gone through your other teammates box score highlights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoyceDa59
I agree, honestly I probably would have waited until next year to pick this up if this hadn't been fixed. It is a feature I really enjoy after my games are completed and being able to look at all they key plays in games is just great. Also thanks to strawberryshortcake and the others who confirmed this.
That was 200% my intention. Had these highlights not worked on 12 minute quarters, I would have been waiting on 2k18. And I was not going to grab an XBOX with 2k17 because it would have been a waste of money considering the Scorpio was getting its red carpet treatment next year. I was also serious about skipping 2k19 if it doesn't get fixed. User Nevertheless confirmed them to work at least for one game, so I jumped on the preorder wagon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizarro24
Canīt compare it to this years PS4, but to 2K16 on Xbox One.
And I have to agree, they seem very short and sometimes the screen is getting black during the individual highlights.
Last year they worked perfectly on Xbox.
Black screen unfortunately does happen. Don't know why that's the case but will be doing further testing this week/weekend/coming weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BezO

Would also appreciate an xbox'er chiming in on the POTG. I'm at least happy they're in. I'll take notes of the POTG length for my next testing session.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-22-2016 at 01:27 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »