Home

Position Lock

This is a discussion on Position Lock within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2015, 02:36 PM   #33
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: Position Lock

So just to clarify, for those of you having issues with Player Lock in MyGM/MyLEAGUE, only one controller is set to control the team that has that player locked, and even though you're locked to that player when he's on the court, sometimes when he gets subbed out the game sims ahead while sometimes it doesn't? Is it consistent in the same game (so in the same game it always works or always doesn't)? Or is it that in the same game on one sub out you'll get simmed ahead but the next you get subbed out you don't get simmed ahead?

Do you have multiple controllers connected and potentially assigned to the teams?

I'm just trying to figure out what might be causing this because in my tests I was simmed ahead properly, so there's some specific cases where this doesn't work.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 09-28-2015, 02:40 PM   #34
Pro

Crystar500's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
So just to clarify, for those of you having issues with Player Lock in MyGM/MyLEAGUE, only one controller is set to control the team that has that player locked, and even though you're locked to that player when he's on the court, sometimes when he gets subbed out the game sims ahead while sometimes it doesn't? Is it consistent in the same game (so in the same game it always works or always doesn't)? Or is it that in the same game on one sub out you'll get simmed ahead but the next you get subbed out you don't get simmed ahead?

Do you have multiple controllers connected and potentially assigned to the teams?

I'm just trying to figure out what might be causing this because in my tests I was simmed ahead properly, so there's some specific cases where this doesn't work.

I only have once controller connected. It's strange, because on defense, you control the same position as the player you chose when they're subbed out. But on offense, you control everyone. I've never been Simmed ahead yet. I don't know about you guys. I played a full 48 minute game with the Celtics while locked to Jared Sullinger.
Old 09-28-2015, 02:54 PM   #35
Rookie

I believe it might be related to how the player specific highlights work inconsistently on the ps4 version of the game. I can't check right now but it seemed to me, if the highlights are not able to be played in the particular game the simming while subbed out also didn't work. But I didn't play enough to be sure. I guess this bug shouldn't exist on the xbox one version of the game for this to be true.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2015, 03:12 PM   #36
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos

Leftos, I tried using 2 controllers while controlling 1 team and it still didn't Sim properly. Nor could I select 2 different position for each controller.

Thinking about it again.. the first time the game simmed for me when I was using player lock was when I didn't skip the cutscenes during free throws.

Other team was headed to the line, so I took the chance to run to get something to drink. I come back in time to see the screen fade black and then come back at the end of the 2nd quarter.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited by shugknight; 09-28-2015 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #37
Rookie

PC, 1 Controller only, never simmed.
Old 09-28-2015, 04:00 PM   #38
Pro

I have one controller on PS4. I've played up until November and I have seen the game sim ahead once. I have made sure that the selected player is highlighted in the "Position Settings" made sure it was saved. I am also using all of the coach settings are on auto. The only time it worked once was when I bumped my players minutes up to 40.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2015, 04:18 PM   #39
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13

I found the issue, and there is a workaround, even if somewhat annoying. Until we can get it patched, to get this to work you need your game to come before any simulated games since you started up 2K16. So for example, to get this to work, click Play Game on the game you want to play, and once you're on Team Select and the saving prompt is gone, close the application and restart it. Load your save, and play the game. The simming ahead should now work. Sorry about this, I'll look into getting the fix in for a patch.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 09-28-2015, 05:07 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 15
Location: Begins with a C, ends with an O and in the middle is HICAG.

Thanks for finding a workaround. Can you tell me if it's possible for them to patch in multi-player position locks?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »