Home

Superstar or All Star??

This is a discussion on Superstar or All Star?? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2015, 02:15 PM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Superstar or All Star??

Hey guys, loving the game this year, kinda.

I've been sticking with Supetstar difficulty level this year because the devs say the game plays best on that level, but I'm starting to get really mad at the unrealistic, cheesy bs that I'm seeing.

The CPU literally doesn't miss shots, consistently shooting 55-60%, while my players can't even make a wide open mid range J.

Constantly down by 20+ points because the CPU can get to the rim at will, ignoring any sort of defensive presence inside or on the perimeter.

Playing offense is insane. You CAN NOT beat your man off the dribble no matter what you do. It's to the point where I don't even call isolation plays anymore because it's pointless, the shot clock runs down and you end up throwing up a brick, it's stolen, or blocked. Then, when you finally do get an open shot, don't plan on making it.

I won't even get into the CPU cherry picking and unreal speed boosts. Is ANYONE having success on superstar?? If anyone is playing on all star, how is it??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 02:21 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Superstar or All Star??

For me depends witch team you play with for example I play with the cavs against Boston and play pretty well Irving got to the hoops with no problem then I was the Wizards against the Warriors I got destroy . For me is playing great with this sliders . I don't have to care to tweak the when is already realistic

Old 09-27-2015, 02:37 PM   #3
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1

I would say all-star until you can consistently beat other teams almost easily. I wouldn't touch superstar right now unless you have sliders

Old 09-27-2015, 02:44 PM   #4
All Star

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

I've been sticking with Supetstar difficulty level this year because the devs say the game plays best on that level, but I'm starting to get really mad at the unrealistic, cheesy bs that I'm seeing.

The CPU literally doesn't miss shots, consistently shooting 55-60%, while my players can't even make a wide open mid range J.

Constantly down by 20+ points because the CPU can get to the rim at will, ignoring any sort of defensive presence inside or on the perimeter.

Playing offense is insane. You CAN NOT beat your man off the dribble no matter what you do. It's to the point where I don't even call isolation plays anymore because it's pointless, the shot clock runs down and you end up throwing up a brick, it's stolen, or blocked. Then, when you finally do get an open shot, don't plan on making it.

I won't even get into the CPU cherry picking and unreal speed boosts. Is ANYONE having success on superstar?? If anyone is playing on all star, how is it??

I think NBA2K is the hardest sport game out there. I know more about basketball then I do any other sport yet I have to play on 1 difficulty less then I do on mlb and madden. Even pro has always been hard in NBA 2K. I don't know how any one could play above all star. Heck in the 2 games I played on all star I lost by 45 and 58. Also I thought the devs said all star not superstar?
Old 09-27-2015, 02:48 PM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

I'm giving superstar a week...then drop down to all star. I'm getting my *** handed to me....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2015, 02:53 PM   #6
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6

Spoiler
The developers and Da_Czar also said start off on a lower level, ability to dominate on the lower level before moving up difficulties. I believe he also said Superstar and Allstar will give you the best experience.

Why is it the majority of people simply want to jump straight to the higher difficulty? Where is the patience to learn the game, the controls, what one can and cannot do against the CPU? Games are getting easier and easier with each passing year because gamers seem to just wants to coast through.

If someone is constantly down by major points, consider changing up your gameplan and attack strategy. I've seen people beat the CPU off the dribble. It's posted on youtube gameplay.

This was posted by OS member "The 24th Letter"
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...st-cpu-10.html

It's also called Superstar for a reason, are you a superstar at NBA2k16 yet?

You can overcome a challenge, but you can never overcome the boredom of beating an easy CPU.

I'll also add one thing that has to do with the other game. Just one remark. I was enjoying the other game's demo until I started dominating the CPU on it's highest level after about 1 and 1/2 week. I don't play the other game's demo anymore because it's ridiculously easy to score.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville102001
I think NBA2K is the hardest sport game out there. I know more about basketball then I do any other sport yet I have to play on 1 difficulty less then I do on mlb and madden. Even pro has always been hard in NBA 2K. I don't know how any one could play above all star. Heck in the 2 games I played on all star I lost by 45 and 58. Also I thought the devs said all star not superstar?

Honest question... does it truly matter what level one plays the game at? If one is having difficulties having a truly equal competitive challenge why continue to force the matter. Simply drop the skill level. Plus, I don't believe developers congregate and say "PRO" "ALLSTAR" "SUPERSTAR" "HALL OF FAME" etc. should be on equal footing for all of our games.

"PRO" level may be "HALL OF FAME" in another game.

We just got the game. Where has our acceptance of the learning curve gone? I simply don't get the need to jump to the highest difficulty level or even the difficulty level just below the highest? Select a skill level suit to your stick skills and work at it before leveling up.

Put John Madden on the sticks with Madden16 .... Put Lebron James on the sticks with NBA2k16 ... do you really think they're going to dominate from the get go? Do you really think there will not be a learning curve involved?
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-27-2015 at 03:05 PM.
Old 09-27-2015, 02:55 PM   #7
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

I don't care much about difficulty settings. I'm not one of those gamers who go out there on the hardest difficulty for bragging rights or strokin egos.

I leave the game on Pro, adjust the sliders and enjoy the hell out of the game.
Old 09-27-2015, 03:00 PM   #8
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

No matter how much I practice, I will never be good enough to overcome some of the stuff that the CPU can do on SS, i.e., Joe Johnson driving the lane, going up for a shot, being contested, and throwing a no look, diagonal pass over his shoulder to a open guy 24 feet away. In my opinion SS and higher is much more about mastery of the gameplay mechanics/vulnerabilities then it is playing smart basketball.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »