Home

What is the best feature in NBA 2K History?

This is a discussion on What is the best feature in NBA 2K History? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2015, 05:41 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: What is the best feature in NBA 2K History?

The Jordan challenge in 2k11.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:34 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaTownGamer
I know my opinion will be different than some of you guys but having the ability to design logos, courts, and uniforms is a game changer for me. In my opinion it might be the best feature in the history in sports gaming. Number 2 for me would be 2K Share.
not even close. even though i know for some of you guys it is. because you guys are so hell bent on customization(shoes, courts, unis). They didnt really DO anything to give you this ability. They already had it. They've had place holders for logos on the courts, jersey's for years. they just allowed you to upload your designs. and since the game is ALWAYS ONLINE if you play in these modes. it wasnt difficult to pull off. The reason they dont do this often is because they are always afraid of the backlash they may get from idiots creating sexual content, racist content, gang stuff, drug stuff. knowing kids play these games. if by chance these sports games were Rated A for Adults only. They would've been done this customization thing.

Now. to the Op's question. The best feature of all times hands down is MyPlayer(The combine). the 2nd best was Crew Mode.

For those who may not understand this. My player was my player before my player in reality. which 2k was it where you were apart of a street ball tournament? That was myplayer but it wasnt called that. 2k is notorious for RE-introducing old modes under new names with a few extras to make you THINK its brand new when its not. but they still get props for creating the originals in my opinion.

pro am is crew mode. the park is a bootleg crew mode. the ability to take your my player guy online with other my players and go at it. thats what all the fuss was about when we were CRYING for crew mode year in and out when they took it away from us. i still remember before i ever signed on to this site (i was a long time lurker). you guys would just kill guys asking for crew mode to come back. now that you guys have all these modes, NOW yall get it. this is what we were trying to tell you in the first place. again, 2k is notorious for creating a mode, letting it ride for 2 installments then dumping it, then making people beg for it to come back so its another selling point for their newest installment. its like dangling drugs out in front of a drug addict. you already got them hooked then you took it away, now you're giving it back 2 or 3 years later. lol.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:35 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
The community homepage we had in 2k11...
now i have to admit, that was pretty dope. at least when it worked right. especially when you were running online leagues. the stats, etc all on there. people making news articles on their talking about certain standout performances.
Old 10-05-2015, 06:36 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanning2
2k10/2k11 Crew
MyPlayer / MyCareer

Fact: People forget you could edit your Crew Court in 2k10. No where near the customizable options now but 2k seriously acted like editing crew/pro-am courts were new
THANK YOU... read my post above about how 2k does it. lol. we giveth and taketh away, we giveth and taketh away. lol
Old 10-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #21
Rookie

Easily the best feature is the NBA not selling it's exclusive rights like the NFL did to EA Sports.

Imagine a universe where there is only Madden and NBA Live..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2015, 06:49 PM   #22
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

Overpriced headbands, lol .....
Old 10-05-2015, 07:15 PM   #23
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dmanning2
2k10/2k11 Crew
MyPlayer / MyCareer

Fact: People forget you could edit your Crew Court in 2k10. No where near the customizable options now but 2k seriously acted like editing crew/pro-am courts were new
First off the editor was a feature from college hoops 2k years ago

The way its set up now on new hardware and new coding is new

We didnt forget anything
Old 10-05-2015, 07:27 PM   #24
MVP

iLLWiLL's Arena

OVR: 10

Classic teams. At least back last gen when they did the players (MJ) justice with good likenesses and better uniforms.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »