Home

Anyone having issues with their controllers? Player not responsive.

This is a discussion on Anyone having issues with their controllers? Player not responsive. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2015, 09:52 PM   #33
MVP

OVR: 1
Anyone having issues with their controllers? Player not responsive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I played a game against the Blazers this morning, and the entire platoon of guards were playing like All-stars. I could Damian Lillard finishing consistently inside, but Gerald Henderson and McCallum were both playing like elite guards.

This wasn't really too different from how the game played when it first came out. Although I do suspect the high layup rate may be related to the new adjustments. And I fricking HATE Henderson in this game. He does not miss when open. And he thinks he's Tony Parker (the non old version).

I don't feel any difference in gameplay offline. What I'm seeing however is that I'm getting a bit better and certain cheese patterns that favor the CPU are showing themselves when I put up a bit more resistance.

SO MANY CONTACT LAYUPS. I don't think Lillard is even that good at finishing inside over traffic. It's like he's Westbrook. Actually he plays almost exactly like Westbrook.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-11-2015 at 09:57 PM.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:15 PM   #34
Rookie

jackzagal's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Anyone having issues with their controllers? Player not responsive.

Yes, it felt like "skating" and "non-responsive" last few days, and there was even some kind of delay and lag. It happened to me while playing MC games and when I'm practising. I even had to restart the game.
Old 10-11-2015, 10:40 PM   #35
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackzagal
Yes, it felt like "skating" and "non-responsive" last few days, and there was even some kind of delay and lag. It happened to me while playing MC games and when I'm practising. I even had to restart the game.
This is what I experienced Saturday night (10th of October) and I couldn't deduce what the cause was.

In My GM mode offline the game plays without a hitch but there was a noticeable drag and delay in responsiveness online in My Career gym and in Park.

I've had this similar experience happen in 2k15 and I had to reboot my connection hardware but it's the first time happening in 16.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-11-2015, 10:46 PM   #36
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mos1ted
I'm glad it's not just me. I've been noticing this happening in previous 2K's as well. It seems like there are behind-the-scenes update that take place that change the behavior of the game. When the game first launched, it was one of the most immersive experiences I ever had in a sports game. The players moved realistically, and the controls were tight -- a perfect combination for a simulation sports game. This weekend, however, something just feels different, and no amount of tinkering with settings is able to get that 1:1 feeling back for me.
Yes, basically my experience this Saturday night and I came away with the same takeaways compared to how the game felt day one without any tuning.

My online experience was A+ Horrible

I'm considering sitting out until I hear whispers of a change coming because this is becoming intolerable for me --not worth the time and it kills my buzz real quick.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 10-11-2015, 11:45 PM   #37
MVP

OVR: 3

i honestly feel like the changes i feel:

- more threes

- sliding

- unresponsiveness

- bigs getting beat more off the dribble

- MUCH higher rate of driving/contact layups going in

- bigs on defense sitting under the backboard and giving up lay ups

coincided with the VC sale banner that popped up on my game.
Old 10-12-2015, 08:51 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Now offline, not seeing anything different at all....thought we were talking about online...

I play SS/Sim, defensive assistance 0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Keep us offline users in the loop too man. This adjustment happened due to the majority wanting this game to play like NBA Street, next gen.

An update that makes the game easier is inevitable. And then everyone will act surprised and complain, smh.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't, 2K. Translation: just leave it be and return it to stock and adjust minor glitches and build on the Awesome product you released; the masses will adjust.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:13 AM   #39
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

No disrespect, but I sure do wish Belbua would come to this thread and make a comment to ease our minds. I almost deleted the game from my hard drive until the next gameplay patch. I know that first/second patch will mostly address the pro-am mode which is very understandable. So, I'm not expecting a lot of gameplay fixes.

The only reason that I didn't delete the game is because I'm too much of a basketball junkie, and old age finally caught to my *** where I can't go to the gym to play. Personally, I feel like I have to relearn the entire game to compete online. I went on a eight game losing streak, and I lost to people that I had no business losing to since the update.

My biggest frustration has been that I'm feeling the Pacers' low ranked offense more than I'm feeling their top ranked defense. I don't care that wide open shots don't go in all the time, but it pisses me off that I can miss 2-3 B+ shots (those A graded shots are very rare now) in a row, but a F rated shot will break my scoring drought. It's a shame when my rookie center, Turner, is a more viable option for scoring than PG, Ellis, and Hill. Before, I was killing people with my backcourt, and Turner had a nice pick and pop game.

On the defensive side, I swear that I can't get a stop or lock down to save my life. I can play tough defense, and their star player will get some layup animation where they "slide" past my defender towards the rim. It either results in either a contested layup going in and/or a foul. I won't complain about that too much. The Pacers were like that last year where I couldn't get a foul on layup/dunk attempts for nothing, but I gave up a ton of And 1's. I think that's more a ratings issue than anything else.

Also, does anyone feel that defensive AI is making more bad defensive rotations than before??? I might be noticing it more, because I'm losing now; however, I feel like I doing a lot more icon switching to get players back in defensive positions due to a UNNECESSARY rotations or double teams. Before I felt that I could trust the AI, but it feels like I'm watching TWO situations. I have to watch (and struggle) with the ball handler while looking for blown assignments. Even when I notice a blown assignment, the defensive player is SO SLOW to respond to my stick movement or sluggish to close the gap.

Last edited by ksuttonjr76; 10-12-2015 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:33 AM   #40
Rookie

So I decided to delete the game last night, and then redownloaded it and reinstalled it. It's taking a VERY long time to fully copy over, but I've managed to play two quick games in the meantime. Both games felt great and just like I remember it when I first got it. It felt crisp and responsive, defense was on point, and I felt in complete control. So I don't quite know why, but doing this has worked for me, so far. I'll try to play again once the game is fully copied over to see how it plays then, and will re-post my results.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »