Home

Anyone having issues with their controllers? Player not responsive.

This is a discussion on Anyone having issues with their controllers? Player not responsive. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2015, 06:45 AM   #1
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3
Anyone having issues with their controllers? Player not responsive.

Anyone having issues with their controllers? Player not responsive (analog stick). Completely offline player myself.

Originally when the game was released, the controls were fairly responsive (analog stick). Playing on ball defense was very satisfying. But for whatever, it seems like I am completely losing control of the players nowadays (left analog stick). I can sort stay in front of the ball handler, but now I am sliding more and more all over the place to a point where I frequently can't even stay with the cpu ball handler anymore or do much of what I want. I am still winning games. But I'm no longer "connecting" to my player anymore. There seems to be more warping. Stuck to animations, etc. Something just seems really, really off.

I had a new in box PS4 controller and thought maybe my other controller was wearing down. Unwrapped the new PS4 dualshock controller and nothing has changed. Responsiveness is no longer the word I would use. I have even tried "resetting" (pressing that reset button on the PS4 controller), but nothing is working to give me that original feeling when I first bought the game.

Something definitely feels completely different, not just on the defensive side of things, but also offensive side as well. Losing control, non-responsive player movement. I don't know what it is. But the game no longer feels the same.

Anyone having the same issues?
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 07:37 AM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Anyone having issues with their controllers? Player not responsive.

Don't feel as if anything has changed since release regarding controls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2015, 05:34 AM   #3
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
Anyone having issues with their controllers? Player not responsive (analog stick). Completely offline player myself.

Originally when the game was released, the controls were fairly responsive (analog stick). Playing on ball defense was very satisfying. But for whatever, it seems like I am completely losing control of the players nowadays (left analog stick). I can sort stay in front of the ball handler, but now I am sliding more and more all over the place to a point where I frequently can't even stay with the cpu ball handler anymore or do much of what I want. I am still winning games. But I'm no longer "connecting" to my player anymore. There seems to be more warping. Stuck to animations, etc. Something just seems really, really off.

I had a new in box PS4 controller and thought maybe my other controller was wearing down. Unwrapped the new PS4 dualshock controller and nothing has changed. Responsiveness is no longer the word I would use. I have even tried "resetting" (pressing that reset button on the PS4 controller), but nothing is working to give me that original feeling when I first bought the game.

Something definitely feels completely different, not just on the defensive side of things, but also offensive side as well. Losing control, non-responsive player movement. I don't know what it is. But the game no longer feels the same.

Anyone having the same issues?
I haven't played in a while, and the game feels different my past three games then what it did when I first bought it. Let me guess.

You don't feel as "sticky" on the defensive side of the ball anymore?
Old 10-10-2015, 05:41 AM   #4
All-Pro

ATLBrayden's Arena

OVR: 18

Sounds like what I experience online (input lag is cut down this year but it definitely spikes up here and there, causing me to slide, run away from where I want to go, sometimes not even registering a button push, etc)... never heard of that stuff happening offline though.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your game? If that doesn't fix it and you're still losing control of players and not getting a response when trying to do something try contacting 2K about it.

My NBA 2K19 Lakers Dynasty -https://forums.operationsports.com/f...-nba-2k19.html

PSN: GetYourSwooshOn
XBL: Gunslinger7O2
Old 10-10-2015, 06:03 AM   #5
MVP

I just experienced the same thing today. My guy crept to a crawl as i tried to explode and literally, with opposite input walked out of bounds.

Honestly the game has felt different since i made minimal slider adjustments to blocks, boards and steals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2015, 06:44 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 0

I went to my brothers yesterday and he has a 5'7 point guard with maxed athletic that was just being sprinted past by a 6'7 SG in the park, and he had everything pressed down as far as he could.

But the buttons refusing to register is an on-going issue, especially when you're trying to block or rebound.
Old 10-10-2015, 07:20 AM   #7
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I haven't played in a while, and the game feels different my past three games then what it did when I first bought it. Let me guess.

You don't feel as "sticky" on the defensive side of the ball anymore?
Yep, pretty much. Not only less sticky, but just the player not perfectly responding to my control input. When the game first released, I was able to play lock down on ball defense on the CPU. Now, I'm completely losing my on ball defense ability. I can still sort of do it, but, the CPU is able to beat me to a greater extent.

But more importantly, and what describes my current experience is the characters feels more twitchy, sliding, running away from where I want to go. Sometimes, pushing the analog stick directly to the left (broadcast view) makes my character move diagonally somewhat instead of a horizontal straight line. It also seems like it's easier to blow by the CPU without doing any major dribble move. It's getting to the point where I'm actually considering retiring the game. I don't feel the desire to play the game anymore. Something is definitely "off."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLBrayden
Sounds like what I experience online (input lag is cut down this year but it definitely spikes up here and there, causing me to slide, run away from where I want to go, sometimes not even registering a button push, etc)... never heard of that stuff happening offline though.

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your game? If that doesn't fix it and you're still losing control of players and not getting a response when trying to do something try contacting 2K about it.
Uninstalling and reinstalling is definitely my next approach.... "causing me to slide, run away from where I want to go." That statement kind of describes the issue that I'm having. I'm hoping maybe GameStop or Best Buys has 2k16 setup somewhere so I can try it on their system to see if I'm getting the same experience.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 10-10-2015, 08:10 AM   #8
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

Every once in a while my controller input gets "stuck" either moving in one direction or with "defensive hands up" engaged (right stick).

This is something reported by many PC users. This usually passes after a minute at worse or requires restart of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »