Home

Err, is there something wrong with 3pt shooting?

This is a discussion on Err, is there something wrong with 3pt shooting? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2015, 12:02 PM   #17
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: Err, is there something wrong with 3pt shooting?

I am simply saying to post videos of the misses that are happening. We need visual evidence. You can't make a claim in any realm of this world without evidence. The stat sheet is not enough, I explained right above. We need context of the shots taken. Saying the rating and showing a box score is NOT enough.

Don't test and not provide evidence because we will remain at square one.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:06 PM   #18
Pro

OVR: 0

If you wait until you're hot, you literally can't miss. Just shot 80% from down town, but don't feel bad. Carroll shot 9-9 from downtown hitting fade-away and turn around threes, lol. Oh, and I miss like 19 out of 20 shots in off-day practice, but I'm a beast on the floor because I wait until I'm hot.

They need to nerf shooting percentages badly. Everything goes in and if you know how to work your rhythm, you will end games shooting 75% just like post patch 3 in 2k15.

I don't like this at all. I just won a game by shooting 70% and the CPU shot 65% and the next game against the Cavs we lost by the exact reverse of those shooting percentages.

I keep saying this but people want to argue. Shooting percentages and shot makes on both ends (player and CPU) need to be nerfed ASAP.

Last edited by Crookid; 10-17-2015 at 12:08 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:07 PM   #19
DC
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by trandoanhung1991
So 3 players who have <75 3pt ratings makes a total of 6 out of 7 3pt attempts is normal for you?
Nah it isn't normal, it is fluke. Show me this happening frequently. One game of that happening won't make me say the 3pt shooting is BROKEN.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:07 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 1
Err, is there something wrong with 3pt shooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadManCometh
This is at least the 3rd or 4th thread I've seen on this forum where ppl complained about shooting, and 3pt. Shooting in general. I agree with the OP. Unlike some have requested, I don't need to see any videos to know it's broken. I already experienced exactly what he's talking about. I play with the Warriors and Curry and Klay misses easy open 3s a little bit to often for my taste. At this point I've come to accept it. 2k can claim sim this and sim that all that want, but IMO this game is not even remotely close to sim basketball. It's a video game and I look at it as such.

This is offline, but I just made 3/3 with Curry in a half (6 min quarters) and even made one off the dribble behind a Bogut pick that actually went into a contested animation.

How often do you expect Curry and Klay to miss open threes? You do realize they miss half or more of their open threes in reality, right?

The open three percentage feels very sim to me. What is your percentage?

I do think the step back mechanic is "broken" if you use the one where you hold left stick with the shot. It grades like a moving shot even if you imitate it from a standstill, though it should be a rhythm shot for someone like Curry and only a bit less accurate than shooting off the dribble in place. In fact if you chain a shot from any other dribble back animation they get significantly higher grades, but the actual open step back is heavily penalized. The highest I can get is a B- with Curry and its uncommon.

Also OP is on HOF, which throws out any semblance of realism. Agreeing with someone playing on HOF about shooting is like agreeing with someone on Rookie Casual about dunks being too easy. Of course you also have someone who claims HOF shooting is too easy in the same thread.

Last edited by Sundown; 10-17-2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:11 PM   #21
DC
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown

How often do you expect Curry and Klay to miss open threes? You do realize they miss half or more of their open threes in reality, right?
Folks don't know that, which is probably the root of the complaints
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2015, 12:11 PM   #22
Rookie

I'm playing on SS sim and I'm having no problems shooting at a 40% clip with my 80ish three point rating. I can't shoot that well with my lesser players from three. My point is, 3 point shooting is perfect for me on SS sim.

If you're playing on HOF it's not going to be realistic for you or the CPU. iys not realistic on rookie either. Difficulty matters. If you want realism, HOF won't give you that, as won't Rookie.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:11 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
This is offline, but I just made 3/3 with Curry in a half (6 min quarters) and even made one off the dribble behind a Bogut pick that actually went into a contested animation.

The open three percentage feels very sim to me. What is your percentage?

I do think the step back mechanic is "broken" if you use the one where you hold left stick with the shot. It grades like a moving shot even if you imitate it from a standstill, though it should be a rhythm shot for someone like Curry and only a bit less accurate than shooting off the dribble in place. In fact if you chain a shot from any other dribble back animation they get significantly higher grades, but the actual open step back is heavily penalized. The highest I can get is a B- with Curry and its uncommon.

How about this for proof? Lol and try not to ignore it when it doesn't support your argument.

https://youtu.be/9qEzOyOUshA (Carroll's box score is at the end of the replay.)

P.S. Take note my other thread that I dominate on HOF and want shots nerfed for us as well. Way too many shots go in and waiting to get hot or other variables don't seem to affect the CPU.
Old 10-17-2015, 12:15 PM   #24
DC
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crookid
How about this for proof? Lol and try not to ignore it when it doesn't support your argument.

https://youtu.be/9qEzOyOUshA (Carroll's box score is at the end of the replay.)

P.S. Take note my other thread that I dominate on HOF and want shots nerfed for us as well. Way too many shots go in and waiting to get hot or other variables don't seem to affect the CPU.
That is a got damn shame............

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »