Home

6'8 SF vs 6'8 SG video comparision

This is a discussion on 6'8 SF vs 6'8 SG video comparision within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-24-2015, 01:29 PM   #25
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: 6'8 SF vs 6'8 SG video comparision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
The game adjusts based off height anyway . As a 6'8 SG your secondary will be SF. As 6'11 PF your secondary will be Center and so forth. 6'2 SG will be a PG secondary. And whether you play park , pro am or mycareer sometimes you will play out of position . At 6'8 at the pro am you might end up being center lol it would help to have some post advantages then .
That's the only thing you said I don't necessarily agree with.

My 6'8 outside pf is also a center. My 6'8 sg is a backup point guard. I haven't put a slot into playmaker for my sg and he plays more like a sf...it's okay though I get assists easier in my career.

It is true if you're playing walkon or alone in the park that you might play in bad situations. On one hand a good advantage of a sf is that you can play bigger if you have to..but a good player can always exploit a mismatch. I'm telling you guys that outside pf build is the best thing you can do.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more yet.

-Allen Iverson
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2015, 03:28 PM   #26
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
That's the only thing you said I don't necessarily agree with.

My 6'8 outside pf is also a center. My 6'8 sg is a backup point guard. I haven't put a slot into playmaker for my sg and he plays more like a sf...it's okay though I get assists easier in my career.

It is true if you're playing walkon or alone in the park that you might play in bad situations. On one hand a good advantage of a sf is that you can play bigger if you have to..but a good player can always exploit a mismatch. I'm telling you guys that outside pf build is the best thing you can do.

I'm surprised I haven't seen more yet.
Really ? That's weird in mycareer the games lists myplayers as those Idk why the game would list your 6'8 PF as a center instead of SF at the secondary . maybe that just happened to me as I now have 4 players . What made you create an inside 6'9 SF over balanced ? Did you want to be more of a slasher ?

A 6'9 PF shouldn't be able to shoot better than your SF if both are inside , balanced , outside . He should also be a little slower not much . He also won't negate perimeter badges like Deadeye , killer crossover but I could be wrong idk if post defender does that
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 10-24-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 10-24-2015, 04:41 PM   #27
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Really ? That's weird in mycareer the games lists myplayers as those Idk why the game would list your 6'8 PF as a center instead of SF at the secondary . maybe that just happened to me as I now have 4 players . What made you create an inside 6'9 SF over balanced ? Did you want to be more of a slasher ?

A 6'9 PF shouldn't be able to shoot better than your SF if both are inside , balanced , outside . He should also be a little slower not much . He also won't negate perimeter badges like Deadeye , killer crossover but I could be wrong idk if post defender does that
Yea idk that's just how it is..never been in at sf once so it might depend on the team too.

I wanted to make a stretch 4 basically, but wanted to be faster. So I thought like a 6'9 inside sf could basically be a Josh Smith type of player. But the 3 point shot was really lacking and speed is only like a point or 2 difference from a pf.

I mean, I just like the overall balance an outside PF brings to the table. It's actually a better "balanced sf" than an actual balanced sf if that makes sense lol.

75 outside shot, better post play, better rebounding and defense.

Lower driving layups, lower driving dunks, lower playmaking.

And like you said you can't get perimeter defender....

So now my question to you..before I take this build further lol...is lockdown defender worth sacrificing all that this year?

-Allen Iverson
Old 10-24-2015, 06:07 PM   #28
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Yea idk that's just how it is..never been in at sf once so it might depend on the team too.

I wanted to make a stretch 4 basically, but wanted to be faster. So I thought like a 6'9 inside sf could basically be a Josh Smith type of player. But the 3 point shot was really lacking and speed is only like a point or 2 difference from a pf.

I mean, I just like the overall balance an outside PF brings to the table. It's actually a better "balanced sf" than an actual balanced sf if that makes sense lol.

75 outside shot, better post play, better rebounding and defense.

Lower driving layups, lower driving dunks, lower playmaking.

And like you said you can't get perimeter defender....

So now my question to you..before I take this build further lol...is lockdown defender worth sacrificing all that this year?
TBH that's a good fun build .defense is king this year (was more so before the updates ) but nothing wrong with that and you get better post game almost like a Kevin Love type . Who I just found out is 6'9 lol
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-24-2015, 06:22 PM   #29
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
TBH that's a good fun build .defense is king this year (was more so before the updates ) but nothing wrong with that and you get better post game almost like a Kevin Love type . Who I just found out is 6'9 lol
Yea I straight up just deleted my 85 sf because I wanted to be forced to get my attributes up lol, and online the only trouble I've had is guarding smaller guards....but that makes sense, it was just as hard with my sf.

-Allen Iverson
Old 10-24-2015, 06:56 PM   #30
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

Let me know how that stretch 4 goes for ya! I'll probably do the same soon

Sidenote; My favorite positions are the 3 and 4 that's probably why I defend them so much
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

Last edited by Rockie_Fresh88; 10-24-2015 at 06:58 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »