Home

CPU needs to shoot more 3s...again (Video example included)

This is a discussion on CPU needs to shoot more 3s...again (Video example included) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2015, 01:00 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: CPU needs to shoot more 3s...again (Video example included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
I agree with the OP... The problem is the game will never hunt for threes because of coding. It's a difference between shoot more threes and hunt for threes. Hunting for threes is more of a human element. 2k is getting better but you basically will have to alter the players tendencies so much that you take away other things. It would be nice if they add a tendency called hunt for threes lol
They took two steps back in that regard imo. It seems iso(or off the dribble) tendencies only allow for the drive because that's all they really seem to go for. I think it's because they took away the moving shot tendencies. Second I have an unfounded theory that ai shot selection is based on the same scale as the user and they avoid shots that are below a certain value (C+shots for example) offset by their shot iq and without a shot in traffic rating to offset the strength of the defense they are either driving or passing then taking the shots off the dribble or even just a contested shot.
Old 11-04-2015, 07:59 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

seems like the cpu doesn't take enough shots off the dribble period.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:24 PM   #11
Banned

BegBy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneSix

Roster edits. I messed with some tendencies and I've had pretty awesome results. In order to get any sort of chance of seeing any stepbacks, hops, euro's, etc, you basically have to put said tendency to 100. To get them to pull up more I set the pull up tendency to around 50. It works pretty well, especially with slider tweaks.

This is just my experience with slider adjustments. I'm sure with other tendency tweaks and slider adjustments what I am suggesting would be too much, or not enough of something else.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2015, 08:28 AM   #12
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneSix
And for some reason 2K took away our ability to edit shots off of the dribble this year.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:03 AM   #13
Rookie

this is def a problem in 2k16.
it seems ballhandling PGs especially have this prob.
Curry shoots only arnd 3 3pointers a game for me.
even if i set his play type to only 3pt shooting, the game refuses to run that play for him, thus he goes into freelance and drives.
Klay on the other hand shoots arnd 5-7 threes, so its likely an issue with PGs.

And my short term solution for this that i hope 2k implements (doubt a patch would fix but maybe 2k17) is make the player tendency and gameplay sliders extremely sensitive. For example if we set 3pt shot tendency to 99 it should b an insane amount of 3s, like 40plus team 3s/game. so thus most of us would set the tendency to 70-75ish to get 3point shots in the 20s. and the opposite would also ring true. if we set for example, inside shot tendency to 0, the cpu should literally take 0 inside shots.
and im sure cpu shooting largely depends on how the individual user plays but with this solution we all have the leeway to customize to our liking.

Last edited by lebromelo; 11-05-2015 at 09:31 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:50 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lebromelo
this is def a problem in 2k16.
it seems ballhandling PGs especially have this prob.
Curry shoots only arnd 3 3pointers a game for me.
even if i set his play type to only 3pt shooting, the game refuses to run that play for him, thus he goes into freelance and drives.
Klay on the other hand shoots arnd 5-7 threes, so its likely an issue with PGs.

And my short term solution for this that i hope 2k implements (doubt a patch would fix but maybe 2k17) is make the player tendency and gameplay sliders extremely sensitive. For example if we set 3pt shot tendency to 99 it should b an insane amount of 3s, like 40plus team 3s/game. so thus most of us would set the tendency to 70-75ish to get 3point shots in the 20s. and the opposite would also ring true. if we set for example, inside shot tendency to 0, the cpu should literally take 0 inside shots.
and im sure cpu shooting largely depends on how the individual user plays but with this solution we all have the leeway to customize to our liking.
This is what I've always hoped for in the sliders but there's a LOT that's hardcoded into the game so even if you set inside shot to 0 they still take inside shots for example. Hell inside shot tendency seems to be a main driver for AI offensive aggression (set it to 0 and see how much clock they waste).
Old 11-05-2015, 01:32 PM   #15
Rookie

AJJProductions's Arena

OVR: 0

Always the same...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2015, 03:36 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
would raising 3PT Tendency help?
It's not that simple. I've tried it. Along with jacking all of Curry's three-point tendencies to 99.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »