Home

*NBA 2k Cheats that can't be tuned by the user "Enough!"*

This is a discussion on *NBA 2k Cheats that can't be tuned by the user "Enough!"* within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2015, 01:41 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 4
Re: *NBA 2k Cheats that can't be tuned by the user "Enough!"*

Probably needs its own thread but

Do you think getting rid of the difficulties would be the step in the right direction? Only having playstyles Arcade, default and sim. Assuming the Ai needs to be smarter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2015, 02:05 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 0

My idea is to have a dynamic difficulty that is based on how good your team is compared to theirs.

Kind of like a Team OVR differential scale. If user team is -10 or lower is played on SS, +10 is on Pro, and everything in between, roughly evenly matched teams on AS.

Simple example, but something like that.

Also, maybe slider sets custom for individual teams on a base difficulty so every team will truly play, look, and feel different.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Old 11-08-2015, 02:57 AM   #27
MVP

The game cheats simply because the devs don't know how to make AI that can compete without that, yet. It sucks but that's what it is, what i wish they would do is at LEAST make the advantages/cheats the AI gets be less obnoxious. How about instead of them being allowed to hit every contested shot or whatever,make it so they don't bite on pump fakes or they take better shots or use more tricky moves to create space.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:20 AM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
If it jumped every time you press the button, it would cancel out quickness, reaction time, momentum, and stamina ratings tied to the individual player, and make everyone exactly the same. Not varied, not realistic.

Understand the system, and try and play within it. It's not perfect, and ALL of the issues everyone has mentioned exist in some extent...I just understand the reality of the situation, and play within the basketball system given to me, and try to be as successful as I can.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk

Even if Jose Calderon wanted to jump in real life he could.
Old 11-08-2015, 05:42 AM   #29
Banned

apollooff320's Arena

OVR: 9

to the op ppl including myself have been saying this for years. A lot of the points the CPU makes they didn't earn it but cheated to get them. Every year it's just more cheats getting added for the CPU and less control the user has. I play on both Superstar and All star depending on what mode i'm playing. This year they included more of the cheating AI to All Star mode instead of keeping that crap in HOF and Superstar mode. I don't even play as much anymore and waiting for the patch because of the BS just pisses me off.
Old 11-08-2015, 08:41 AM   #30
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Even though I still have great games with the CPU, the thing that bothers me is the particular ways they uneven the playing field.

The way they can avoid going into contested shot animations in situations where you clearly would. (being patched thankfully)

How they can jump pass with precision while yours sail out of bounds

Things like that bother me more then hitting a higher % of contested shots. That's expected on higher difficulties. And hey, I know it's a lot harder than "just make CPU smarter!" so I'm not even saying that. I just don't feel like that stuff is necessary. I always say, your better off allowing the user to make the game more difficult for themselves than adding that stuff in.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:27 AM   #31
Pro

You can make the game challening and fun, but not realistic. Realism is an illusion. Mess with sliders. If you play MyCareer well you're SOOL lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2015, 09:36 AM   #32
Banned

Man after watching real life sports especially NBA games I don't believe in cheat to win tactics. When playing 2k basketball your going to get games that everything is going your way, and some games where you have to grind it out and find ways to win. THIS GAME IS JUDGED BY THINGS GOING USER WAY...AND IF THINGS DOES NOT GO BY USER WAY FRUSTRATION KICKS IN.

If you like wining and less tactics and things in your favor..stick to the lower levels. But I do admit if 2k could penalize dribbling in traffic by the cpu on Sstar sim to make a better experience when playing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »