Home

*NBA 2k Cheats that can't be tuned by the user "Enough!"*

This is a discussion on *NBA 2k Cheats that can't be tuned by the user "Enough!"* within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-08-2015, 10:38 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: *NBA 2k Cheats that can't be tuned by the user "Enough!"*

Quote:
Originally Posted by apollooff320
to the op ppl including myself have been saying this for years. A lot of the points the CPU makes they didn't earn it but cheated to get them. Every year it's just more cheats getting added for the CPU and less control the user has. I play on both Superstar and All star depending on what mode i'm playing. This year they included more of the cheating AI to All Star mode instead of keeping that crap in HOF and Superstar mode. I don't even play as much anymore and waiting for the patch because of the BS just pisses me off.
Apollo you and I are on the same brain wave... I bumped down from hof a few years ago and found happiness to some degree on as for past 2 years... I humbled myself again and went to allstar to try out this year and the only difference I saw was in fg% rebound % and slight speed adjustment where better for the user... THE EFFING RUBBERBAND STUCK IN THE MODE HOLDING STUCK IN THE MUD FEELING was still there even on this level. Sad sad ..again these things(%) are adjustable via sliders the other bull crap isn't.

Guys I've been apart of OS since 2005 and there's a lot of great sports gaming plp in here but guys .... Someone needs to really have a sit down with the guys OG daCzar Mike Wang etc. and explain "We don't want these things in our beloved 2k series" Weare happy you are dominating with myplayer and all these baseball card like create your own team type stuff. It's great !! Pop like it ... But can we please keep the core game values...
Old 11-08-2015, 11:24 AM   #34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Even though I still have great games with the CPU, the thing that bothers me is the particular ways they uneven the playing field.

The way they can avoid going into contested shot animations in situations where you clearly would. (being patched thankfully)

How they can jump pass with precision while yours sail out of bounds

Things like that bother me more then hitting a higher % of contested shots. That's expected on higher difficulties. And hey, I know it's a lot harder than "just make CPU smarter!" so I'm not even saying that. I just don't feel like that stuff is necessary. I always say, your better off allowing the user to make the game more difficult for themselves than adding that stuff in.
Nicely said 24th..
-How about when your making a pass to a trailing guy on a break and the AI puts the receiver into fumbling volleyball animation of which he's normally sucked right into the defense where the ball is stolen...
-Or when you pass to a WIDE OPEN player IN THE CORNER AND the ball is thrown low like a fastball grounder and the shooter turns into a shortstop baseball player an the animation takes solo long that the defense recovers...
- or the foot slip glitch when after you have pasted the defender the one of your steps slip on the and you don't move forward until your next step thus allowing the air defender to catch up lol.
- and my personal favorite lol at times when you have a wide open shot most times in corner shots. 2k puts a hitch in the user shooting mechanics thus throwing off your timing for that guys shooting form.

Why put in all these great shooting animation and tell the user to practice and learn everyone touch ... Then during the game you program the AI to put in a hitch effect to throw off the users timing .. ? I have so many videos of this from nba 2k15 and 2k16..
Old 11-08-2015, 11:25 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 0

Honestly, just played 5 games on AS all with evenly rated teams, and went 2-3. All I did was call plays or run a freelance the whole time. Real FG%.

Seems like good teams can be just as powerful on AS, but the AI doesn't have those moments we all talk about. Was really fun too.

Sent from my XT1528 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-08-2015, 11:54 AM   #36
Rookie

Guys it's really simple enough is enough... If this is the direction the franchise is going.. I'll put the game on the shelf for now bc these things make it up playable for me. It gives me a handicap feeling of no matter what I do or how I analyze the situation or make a decision. The outcome will be mostly be decided based on these glitch cheats rather than me making a right or wrong choice combined with player attributes to effect the outcome.

Overall the the game is amazing and deserving of so many accolades... It meets so many expectations for so many people. However for me they fall short bc I will always hold them to the standard they set many many years ago defining what true simulation should be.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:01 PM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Honestly, just played 5 games on AS all with evenly rated teams, and went 2-3. All I did was call plays or run a freelance the whole time. Real FG%.

Seems like good teams can be just as powerful on AS, but the AI doesn't have those moments we all talk about. Was really fun too.

They're there .. Mostly on SS but also AS.. You may have to check replays or look harder to see but we wouldn't spend time making this stuff up. Especially when the time could be spent playing the game in mygm mode if these cheat tactics didn't exist. If you still really can't see these I may put the time in to take my xbox dvr recordings and show the vids... Thing is we already know the stuff is there so really not valuable time spent for me with all my other to do list lol.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:16 PM   #38
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Even though I still have great games with the CPU, the thing that bothers me is the particular ways they uneven the playing field.

The way they can avoid going into contested shot animations in situations where you clearly would. (being patched thankfully)

How they can jump pass with precision while yours sail out of bounds

Things like that bother me more then hitting a higher % of contested shots. That's expected on higher difficulties. And hey, I know it's a lot harder than "just make CPU smarter!" so I'm not even saying that. I just don't feel like that stuff is necessary. I always say, your better off allowing the user to make the game more difficult for themselves than adding that stuff in.
The jump passing ,the ability to get 90% of the 50/50 balls, and the ability to get steals without seeing the pass, and the way that they aren't as affect by the "live ball" in the paint like the user is, are the things that bother me the most.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:48 PM   #39
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlipmode
They're there .. Mostly on SS but also AS.. You may have to check replays or look harder to see but we wouldn't spend time making this stuff up. Especially when the time could be spent playing the game in mygm mode if these cheat tactics didn't exist. If you still really can't see these I may put the time in to take my xbox dvr recordings and show the vids... Thing is we already know the stuff is there so really not valuable time spent for me with all my other to do list lol.
It's there, but it happens for user team too. User team blows through bigs for uncontested layups, ball will go through cpu players, contested shots go in, all of that benefits users as well, just don't make us lose it when it happens because it happens for us. If we do it, its a good play, if the AI does it, its cheating.

If people want to eliminate all of it, for both user and AI, I feel that. But its not. And the guys who make 2k are tops in their craft. Nobody has been able to make a basketball game as detailed and complex systems like 2k. And it's year to year. Fallout 4 is like 8 years or something after New Vegas, they can refine, add, and perfect systems in that amount of time. Year to years sports titles can only improve marginally year by year.

This is part of the understanding that goes into all of this. 2k isn't doing this to cheat people, its the best they can possibly do, and all of the amount of work put into offensive systems, customization, and refined gameplay shows that they do care, and are trying.

Systems put into place this year will slowly get better over time, its the process. I wish it was better, but that's the way it is and I have absolutely no knowledge of what it takes to make a video game, so I'm not going to come one here acting like they are awful, game is horrible, not Sim at all. Super childish approach to a video game...a toy.

Everyone is totally entitled to their opinion, and I could choose not to read threads, but understanding how things work is paramount to enjoying something that can not replicate real life 100%, enjoying it for what it is.

Last edited by iam31yearsold; 11-08-2015 at 12:50 PM.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #40
Banned

And if I don't want to play a game anymore, I just don't play it. That's it. End of problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »