Home

*NBA 2k Cheats that can't be tuned by the user "Enough!"*

This is a discussion on *NBA 2k Cheats that can't be tuned by the user "Enough!"* within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2015, 05:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
*NBA 2k Cheats that can't be tuned by the user "Enough!"*

*Long read warning*
Hey guys first of all NBA 2K16 is a great game and Series. I've been playing since NBA 2k3. I generally love playing franchise mode on both Madden and NBA 2K. I do love playing online match ups Friends and I believe NCAA football is the only franchise to truly get it right with their online dynasty mode. I tried over and over again to play this game online for years the servers just doesn't allow it and enjoyable experience for me. Basketball is a very quick and erky jerky sport. The response time lag is horrible, when I'm inputting sequences of buttons commands based off my IQ and the game can't keep up with my thought process then everything I'm trying to do is happening 2-3 secs after the fact. So I stay away from online play for that reason. (I'm running 1gig upload and download speed AT&T gigabyte speed so it's not me).

I say that to say this: "I do not play Myplayer or Mycareer mode" it simply doesn't appeal to me. I played D1 basketball and over seas some. So I have no desire to create myself on a video game I'm satisfied with what I've down and don't need to re-live myself through the game lol. I'll leave that for the vast majors of you guys, have at it and enjoy... however I do understand why the majority of NBA 2K players love this mode and I understand why 2K put so much time into this game mode $$.

*I just want to play my favorite game and get a sim style experience without so so many cpu cheats.* I play superstar 12mins sim style. I don't touch HOF lol it is what it is. Waste of devs time and shouldn't be in the game at all.

Now before y'all say it "yes" cheats are needed to make the game harder ...hmm I get it to a certain degree. I just feel like the devs put more time into figuring out ways they program the game to cheat rather than give the user a sim experience. I'm 35 yrs old now guys and in my free time I coach several youth basketball teams in the Dallas Metroplex.

Now for the few of us who enjoy the dynasty and franchise mode of NBA 2K series. We are the ones who have been truly loyal to NBA 2k Series. NBA 2K was made and has prospered off of true simulation basketball from the early 2K series and college hoops series and on. That is how they de-thrown NBA LIVE years ago.

*My question / Plee to NBA 2k devs*
-If you're going to put so many cheats in this game please allow a function or slider for those of us who want a true simulation experience to turn these cheats off.
-Making the CPU AI shoot better or rebound better is tolerable, those cheats can be adjusted. -What I cannot adjust is the imaginary pull on the user control player that is in this game.
-Every time on defense when I the CPU decides it wants to make a scoring move regardless of what direction I am pushing on the stick to stop it. The user control player lags or slows down so the CPU can easily score.
-There are also times when I'm not moving my player at all and the CPU AI takes control of my user player and moves him out of the way so it can drive by and score.
- Also taking control of one of my defensive players and holding him back while the guy he is guarding runs to the 3 pt line for an uncontested 3 pt shot is just stupid lol.
-When I exploit the AI defense and have a guy wide open and I clearly push and pass in the direction of that player all along on that side of the court and The game makes me pass it to the next closes guy which normally ends up as a steal is dumb. I shouldn't have to use icon pass every damn time.

I'm asking you NBA 2k please take these cheats out of the game. It ruins the experience and takes away the user impact on the game results. If these are planned to be patched please advise. I'm also wondering how come I can't find any complaints about this in any forums.?? If there here someone share the links please lol I cant be the only person who notices this crap. 2k please get rid of this crap! Your better than this cheap **** and it just shows how lazy the devs are who control the difficulty programming of the game. I'll even say Shame on the directors who let this crap pass into the game.

You guys are turning into the DAVE MATTHEWS BAND.!! They made great music for so many years with a style so unorthodox that it doesn't have a specific genre, they bust their butt going to colleges to get fans by word of mouth. After all the years past they go away from what made them stand out and original and started making music that sounds nothing like what their loyal fans where use too. The past few albums suck ***!

NBA 2k don't be like the Dave Matthews band... Stay true to sim basketball while you put so many resources into Myplayer .. Multi task, find away to get great servers that allows gameplay without so much online lag.. You've never done it we all know this, even tho your revenue has grown over the years but dammit!! If EA can finally put Pass Interference calls in madden any things possible lol. Please keep your core gameplay SIM and get rid of these ridiculous cheats that true sim guys can't even adjust or turn off.

If this is something NBA 2k has no plans to adjust please could a developer
Da_Czar etc. come in this thread and say so or someone post a link. That way I can move on and do something else with my time. At this point I just need closure like and old ex girlfriend lmao!!!
(Xbox One)

Last edited by phlipmode; 11-13-2015 at 01:13 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2015, 07:37 PM   #2
Elite Allstar

Ray Vibes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: *NBA 2k Cheats that can't be tuned by the user "Enough!"*

"I know some of these words"

-Ed
Old 11-07-2015, 07:59 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 4

The CPU can't compete without cheats/glitches/etc

They cannot compete. The technology is not there yet. There is nothing sim about this game and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I don't care for myplayer but don't knock anyone that enjoys it. But if I need to put up 50ppg, 20rebs, 20asst 10stls, 5blks so my team can compete I'm good.

All in all online players ruined for the rest of us.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 11-07-2015, 08:03 PM   #4
Rookie

Its fruatrating .

I play online all the time and experience the same thing

Nobody talks about it because everybody is letting the cpu play for them

Im actually usering players on D and getting smoked
Old 11-07-2015, 09:20 PM   #5
MVP

You forgot to mention how the CPU also cheats by passing & dribbling the ball through players bodies smh. This type of stuff has to go. The ball needs to be tangible at all times & they need to implement a new collision detection system to prevent all this player clipping/morphing. The amount of nonsense that happens in this game is ridiculous. The game has so much potential but things like this are holding it back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2015, 09:34 PM   #6
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I always felt that the CPU "cheats" more on higher difficulties. The better animations seem to trigger easier and more often for them. I recommend playing on All Star and just upping the sliders to make it more challenging if you need to.

XBLGT: tjor24
Old 11-07-2015, 09:34 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
The CPU can't compete without cheats/glitches/etc

They cannot compete. The technology is not there yet. There is nothing sim about this game and that's not necessarily a bad thing.

I don't care for myplayer but don't knock anyone that enjoys it. But if I need to put up 50ppg, 20rebs, 20asst 10stls, 5blks so my team can compete I'm good.

All in all online players ruined for the rest of us.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
I'm not buying that they CPU can't compete without cheating. There are ways they can go about giving you a challenge without blatantly cheating you. Like the OP said they can increase the CPU's shooting percentages, increase CPU AI intelligence, etc... They don't have to cheat you. That's a lazy choice made by the devs in my opinion.

Example, instead of increasing CPU awareness by allowing them to protect the ball when dribbling in the face of a defender ala Magic Johnson, they would rather just make your hand morph through the ball on steal attempts because they're so worried about there being too many turnovers in the game. That's a horrible & cheap way to program the game. 2K has the ability & technology to fix a lot of these issues if they choose to. I know because these cheats don't happen all the time. They tend to happen at the most inopportune times when the rubberband AI decides to kick in.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:37 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 2

They just need to have a setting (or just come out and say which setting) thats says "players play to their attributes and tendencies"... No artificial boast or cheat lags. If you beat thw cpu by 50 then so be it. Hell GSW beat memphis by 50 this year so it wont mean the game is too easy... Just please tell us what setting/slider will give us true sim. And no i dont want to experiment, i really want/need whoever created the game to just tell us. Its not that hard to ask lol

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »