Home

Tried playing SIM. Gotta go back to cheese

This is a discussion on Tried playing SIM. Gotta go back to cheese within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-23-2015, 08:38 AM   #25
Banned

FrequentFlyer15's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Tried playing SIM. Gotta go back to cheese

Cheesing in this game and earlier titles is very much rewarding especially for players who just turboing on the court with certain athletic/star player. It ruins game year after year, each year i expect the game gets tight and rewarding in terms of smart plays and good defense but nahhh. Game rewards cheesy stuff plus the game itself is pretty much arcadelike something like gran turismo back then (expose themselves like real racing simulator but when you crash you car 150 mph at the wall car stays untouched, like what simulator is that) ... same story with 2K, at the top it seems like most realistic game ever made but when you scratch under the hood you get like halfsim - halfarcade, no matter which slider set you make the game itself is cheesy, arcadeish and scripted.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2015, 08:31 PM   #26
Just started!

I am a new 2k player and I haven't been online yet. What are some of the things that are considered Cheezy that people online do?
Old 11-24-2015, 10:06 PM   #27
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streux
I am a new 2k player and I haven't been online yet. What are some of the things that are considered Cheezy that people online do?
MyTeam...putting players like Lebron James and Tracy McGrady at PG.

Ranked Matches...zig zag, never making subsitutions, throwing hail mary passes being three of your players for easy buckets, baseline cheese, spin jumper and then pump fake into the lane

MyTeam...zig zag, going baseline every single time, baseline stepback threes...
Old 11-25-2015, 08:45 AM   #28
Pro

ChiliPalmer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyroll_51

45-3 on myteam

I am that Sam Pham guy from YouTube that makes 2k16 tutorials. I help average 2K players become great, and I also train famous 2K youtubers on how to play better. Don't worry my credentials are good haha

Watching some of your videos i'm not sure why you claim to be a (great) SIM style player tbh. You abuse certain game mechanics and AI flaws 95% of the times.
Youtube is flooded with these "tactics". And of course they work against the average one-dimensional run&gun gamer who can't adapt at all.
Reward DUNCAN
Diamond PORZINGOD

Bench: THE BIG O-GOONRICH-FlyersIGGY-GRANDMA-Ammy GERMINATOR
Old 11-25-2015, 12:38 PM   #29
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

Cheesing is easier but sim is more effective. Playing sim is a longer, more arduous road to become good at but far more worth it. Just know the keys to a good offense (know your personnel, playbook/freelance offense and matchups). Same applies to the defense which is something I feel is often overlooked when talking sim.

The information is out there to help make you better, you just got to keep at it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »