Home

"Game Speed" make a big difference

This is a discussion on "Game Speed" make a big difference within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2016, 08:22 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: "Game Speed" make a big difference

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Everyone has their preference.

I played with mine at 50...only sluggishness I notice is in online play...
Oh I'm not debating that with you, but unless you are dropping the Speed and acceleration attributes by at least 20 in the sliders, anything above 50 in terms of game speed is not even close to simulation basketball...
Old 01-07-2016, 08:34 AM   #10
Rookie

info0's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Since the new patch dropped, the game changed drastically. The speed of the game, the players in gameplay animation they feel different when you move (too much fluidity, players used to feel weighted in a sense). I have been tinkering with sliders to no avail.

I recently dropped the Game Speed from 50 to 42 and wow a big difference. I finished a quarter Nets (me) vs Raptors (CPU) [NBA Today], Superstar/Sim with User Timing, score was 22-17 and I shot 39% and Raptors shot 38%. Lovely! I saw a lot of missed shots from the CPU. It was an overall great experience.

My experience at 50, the game felt too fast and button mashing and the CPU bangs a lot of shots. Not the case with the settings at 42 speed.

Give it a try. The speed also helps out with Help Defense and deters Points in the Paint by the CPU (which has been a legacy issue in 2K). Raptors had only 4 points in the paint andn I had 6 after 1 quarter. I had work so I couldn't play anymore.
I watch a lot of NBA games when I can (sadly, live outside of USA, so broadcast are ~1-4 am).

Sorry to say this to you, but even on 50 game speed, it doesn't even resamble what happens on real life court lol. It's still slowish. I would move it to ~70 so game pace will be at least close to real life lol.

Also, is it me, or do Cavs rotate a lot between man-to-man, 2-3 Zone and 3-2 Zone? They switched constantly vs Wizards today. That included a lot of player switching.

Unfortunately, we have to rely on play calling, instead of game flowing free and selecting best course of action on it's own. My human brain sees plays game does not see therefore the pass will never go to the receiver I want (on 2k16, on 2k15 it did work MUCH better fyi) .

This game needs passing patching BIG time. Dunno what the feck 2k/VC did this year, but passing is hit/miss most of the time even when set to Directness...
Old 01-07-2016, 09:39 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanzsomehanz
Right m, I need game speed on at least 65 to get a satisfactory gameplay output.

I'm part of the lot that suffer from sluggish gameplay at the core of yhr software procesdes so gsmeplay is sluggy even offline.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Yeap it's heavy both offline and online. It wasnt like this before patch 4. :/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2016, 11:07 AM   #12
Pro

Online and offline with Game Speed at 50, this game feels so fast to me. Everyone moves like lightning. You are all saying the opposite which is kind of odd. I like it on 42 now.

As someone mentioned, it's all User Preference, that's why 2K gave us sliders to tailor the gameplay.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:43 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Everyone has their preference.

I played with mine at 50...only sluggishness I notice is in online play...
I think preference should better defined when it comes to video games, I think as a community were trying to work within a frame thru sliders and so forth, sometimes I really think it comes down to those who play and those who know how to play, it's interesting how much the game opens up when you learn moves.
Old 01-07-2016, 02:02 PM   #14
Pro

Well for me game speed doesn't change anything at all, thing that bother me at most is that i have very little control over player plus i can't see difference controlling Stephen Curry from Bismack Biyombo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 01-07-2016, 02:54 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
Well for me game speed doesn't change anything at all, thing that bother me at most is that i have very little control over player plus i can't see difference controlling Stephen Curry from Bismack Biyombo.
All sports game that problem, there is really no real way to make a player like themselves in real life. Madden has this issue, it's like the players are soul less.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2016, 04:33 PM   #16
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Skywalker
Online and offline with Game Speed at 50, this game feels so fast to me. Everyone moves like lightning. You are all saying the opposite which is kind of odd. I like it on 42 now.

As someone mentioned, it's all User Preference, that's why 2K gave us sliders to tailor the gameplay.
It's concerning that the default offline experiences differs by almost 50/50 between users who experience a slow vs fast environment by default.

I wish the default environment would z99m for me but unfortunately I have even played as high as 80 speed against HOF CPU.

At 50 it is slow-mo and even the ball has hitches as it travels from hand to hand. It's a terrible showing and horrible experience. I don't up the game speed for competition but merely to feel like things are starting to move at a "normal" pace.

At 50 I feel I'm fighting inertia and my stick could snap at any moment based on how much input resistance I'm trying to push throug.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »