Home

NBA 2k17 NEW BADGES WISH LIST

This is a discussion on NBA 2k17 NEW BADGES WISH LIST within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-01-2016, 02:11 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k17 NEW BADGES WISH LIST

Badges won't fix game, you could have 1000 badges but if gameplay is faulty badges mean absolutely nothing. You can have 'party animal' badge for J.R. Smith during playoffs to give you abysmal matches during playoffs but guess what..without decent gameplay not even million badges are going to make mediocre gameplay perform better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkHI1hGvWRY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5v6JUzxWoGw
Old 05-01-2016, 11:13 PM   #10
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyClaxton
I would be totally cool with badges if 2K decides that you can't obtain them on rookie level with 2-3 min quarters just to cheese out game and get what you want.

Just go on youtube and you'll find videos like 'how to get deadeye in 2 games' or 'how to get limitless range quickly'.

What happens in those videos is basically this. When you load youtube video, some borderline aggresive (trying to be cool voice) pops up like this 'what's uppp yall it's dabomb23 (i created this one lol) and i'm here to show ya'll how to get X or Y badge in 2K16. Then our cheesy youtuber goes in MyCareer settings to show you his difficulty on rookie with very short quarters (less than 5mins), starts up game and you see on video how he's doing things neccessary to obtain certain badge. At the end of video he usually close it out with sentence like 'don't forget to subscribe for more 2K badges only on my channel, peaceeee'

This is the reason i hate badges, as long as they can be obtained this way i will be against badges, then this transfers to modes like MyPark or Pro-Am where these people just try to cheese the hell out of competition.
That won't stop cheese though. Badges are not the reason people play cheesy. They help stuff, but half of these badges weren't in 2k13, and we had zig zag fade 3 cheesers.

You want cheeseballs gone? Don't play online. Every game ever will have people doing frowned upon things for an advantage. They ban that tactic, another rises in it'splace. This is online gaming. This is the crux of human mentality on most of these. Or, you know, learn how to deal with it. I see a ton of stuff that's cheesy, I just stop them from doing it. Problem solved. Step back+dead eye? I'm on you like Kawhi, won't work. Left right speed boost. Predictable, won't work more than twice once I get your rhythm down.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 05-02-2016, 09:19 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
I would be totally cool with badges if 2K decides that you can't obtain them on rookie level with 2-3 min quarters just to cheese out game and get what you want.

Just go on youtube and you'll find videos like 'how to get deadeye in 2 games' or 'how to get limitless range quickly'.

What happens in those videos is basically this. When you load youtube video, some borderline aggresive (trying to be cool voice) pops up like this 'what's uppp yall it's dabomb23 (i created this one lol) and i'm here to show ya'll how to get X or Y badge in 2K16. Then our cheesy youtuber goes in MyCareer settings to show you his difficulty on rookie with very short quarters (less than 5mins), starts up game and you see on video how he's doing things neccessary to obtain certain badge. At the end of video he usually close it out with sentence like 'don't forget to subscribe for more 2K badges only on my channel, peaceeee'

This is the reason i hate badges, as long as they can be obtained this way i will be against badges, then this transfers to modes like MyPark or Pro-Am where these people just try to cheese the hell out of competition.
Spot on lol!!!!!! and it's usually the ghetto dude nawhatimean?

How about this?

You can only get bronze version of badges on rookie
Silver on pro
Gold on all star

But to be honest, I don't have a single problem with current system. I work 50 hours a week and don't have time to spend playing hours and hours to obtain 1 badge on higher difficulty. At the end of the day, it is not a big issue how people obtain badges. The bigger issue is unbalanced stats caps and useless playstyles (im looking at you balanced PF and Centers and couple other styles).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2016, 11:59 AM   #12
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
That won't stop cheese though. Badges are not the reason people play cheesy. They help stuff, but half of these badges weren't in 2k13, and we had zig zag fade 3 cheesers.

You want cheeseballs gone? Don't play online. Every game ever will have people doing frowned upon things for an advantage. They ban that tactic, another rises in it'splace. This is online gaming. This is the crux of human mentality on most of these. Or, you know, learn how to deal with it. I see a ton of stuff that's cheesy, I just stop them from doing it. Problem solved. Step back+dead eye? I'm on you like Kawhi, won't work. Left right speed boost. Predictable, won't work more than twice once I get your rhythm down.
Ofcourse badges aren't reason for people to cheese the game but you gave us example of one of worst 5 2K titles in 2K13 with it's hands down mediocre gameplay along with 2K12. Badges could be a good thing along with superb gameplay but when gameplay is bad badges just expose how actually it is bad.

Obtaining badges is another part of problem, you can obtain as much as you want by tuning your difficulty and minutes if you want'em real quick which then translates to already cheesefestival modes like myPark or Pro-Am. So to become a good player or at least average one all you have to do is play myCareer games on rookie with 3-4 minutes quarters doing stuff required for certain badge then quit and enter Park, voila you got yourself a beast in space of 1-2 days. Not to even mention how those badges are upgraded via VC, so you go from bronze to gold real quickkkk (Drake's voice).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2bBZvSPpOo

to change little bit these lyrics to explain how it's done

I go 0 to 99, n***, real quick
Real quick, whole squad on that real s***.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz1W1j6-PSY

Gold all in my shooting badges
Gold all in my defense badges
Gold all in my rebound badges
Don't believe me, just watch

Tyga explained it all !

Last edited by SpeedyClaxton; 05-02-2016 at 12:07 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:53 PM   #13
MVP

ViolenceFight's Arena

Quote:
Ofcourse badges aren't reason for people to cheese the game but you gave us example of one of worst 5 2K titles in 2K13 with it's hands down mediocre gameplay along with 2K12. Badges could be a good thing along with superb gameplay but when gameplay is bad badges just expose how actually it is bad.

Obtaining badges is another part of problem, you can obtain as much as you want by tuning your difficulty and minutes if you want'em real quick which then translates to already cheesefestival modes like myPark or Pro-Am. So to become a good player or at least average one all you have to do is play myCareer games on rookie with 3-4 minutes quarters doing stuff required for certain badge then quit and enter Park, voila you got yourself a beast in space of 1-2 days. Not to even mention how those badges are upgraded via VC, so you go from bronze to gold real quickkkk (Drake's voice).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2bBZvSPpOo

to change little bit these lyrics to explain how it's done

I go 0 to 99, n***, real quick
Real quick, whole squad on that real s***.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uz1W1j6-PSY

Gold all in my shooting badges
Gold all in my defense badges
Gold all in my rebound badges
Don't believe me, just watch

Tyga explained it all !

I was using 2k13 as an example for cheese existing and not being badge related. A lot of my posts you seem to be taking one phrase and ignoring context to fit your agenda. I'm not praising 2k13 gameplay, I'm saying that cheese existed, and it wasn't bad related.

That being said you flat out just bought them in 13, so in retrospect this earning system is better.

Badges need to exist to an extent, becauseit's hard to separate certain players from others. This is 2ks explanation, not mine. And kids will grind it out regardless. I mean, I play Dark Souls. That game by definition is damned brutal, and I will bash my head against a Brick wall to do what I want in that game, so difficulty of obtaining these things is not the problem

You can put them only obtainable on hall of fame, and a guy will figure out how to do it quickly and post it. Take 14s only choose 7 badges system and I think that solves this problem.

PSN: ViolenceFight
Instagram: @ViolenceFight
Old 05-02-2016, 01:16 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViolenceFight
I was using 2k13 as an example for cheese existing and not being badge related. A lot of my posts you seem to be taking one phrase and ignoring context to fit your agenda. I'm not praising 2k13 gameplay, I'm saying that cheese existed, and it wasn't bad related.

That being said you flat out just bought them in 13, so in retrospect this earning system is better.

Badges need to exist to an extent, becauseit's hard to separate certain players from others. This is 2ks explanation, not mine. And kids will grind it out regardless. I mean, I play Dark Souls. That game by definition is damned brutal, and I will bash my head against a Brick wall to do what I want in that game, so difficulty of obtaining these things is not the problem

You can put them only obtainable on hall of fame, and a guy will figure out how to do it quickly and post it. Take 14s only choose 7 badges system and I think that solves this problem.
As for player separation you can easily make players play different by just taking more time to separate their tendencies. For example bank shot tendency for Tim Duncan is in 90's while Bismack Biyombo's is 40's, there you go with two different centers without giving them ton of badges.

Stephen Curry extra long three's tendency at 80, all other point guards at 50 or less. I could name hundreds of examples right now but 2K dished out tendencies and never ever updated them. Then they brought up badges because they were too lazy to update tendencies.

Old 05-02-2016, 07:17 PM   #15
Rookie

I'd like a Free Throw Shooter badge. If you want to play a C/PF who's all about the inside game, you should still be able to shoot free throws. Instead, I can only be a good free throw computer if I improve my 3PT ability as well. WTH?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-24-2016, 10:01 AM   #16
Rookie

acetheredcomet's Arena

They should make your badges reliant on your tendency, If you change your tendency, so does your badges. I play primarily in the post with my PF and yet I am punished due to the drop in mid range success rate and the defense getting a boost contesting my post fadeaway.

They should bring back Post playmaker, Post efficiency, Catch and Shoot, Spot up badges.

C&S: player excels at catch and shoot, loses accuracy in spot up shots

SUS: opposite of C&S

PPM: dimer for big men

PE: higher success rates for post fadeaways and Post moves.

I also would like badges to also hinder as well, totally neutralize badges with lockdown defender badges.

Make it where PF/C can get perimeter up to bronze and gold Post, SF can have silver in both, SG can get silver perimeter and bronze post, PG can get gold perimeter. that way every position is needed instead of just 2 7'3 centers and 3 guards.

PF/C cannot get gold shot creator but up to silver, PG can only get bronze posterizer, Limitless range is exclusively for outside scoring builds. Posterizer/Acrobat Gold is only for inside scoring. Eraser gold is for PF/C, PF can get gold post hoperator, C can get gold post hook. PF can get bronze dribble, PG can get gold dribble. SF would become the true jack of all trade position, with SG being the outside/mid range option and Pf being mid range/inside option. Granted their are exceptions like Porzingis who would be all shooting badges with no post/inside badges, or DWade with more inside badges than outside. They should make the difference in scoring style big.

If they made badges have a downside to coincide with tendencies, it will make this game better.

I would be a mid range Spot Up/Post shooting PF with good inside, No 3s.

Last edited by acetheredcomet; 05-24-2016 at 10:16 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »