Home

2k15 vs 2k16......

This is a discussion on 2k15 vs 2k16...... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-14-2016, 02:28 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2k15 vs 2k16......

Gameplay wise? 16 wins. Even though I liked the dribbling on '15 more, everything else is better on 16.

Though, I haven't had as much fun on 16 than what I had on '15.

15 was 100000000x funner IMO. Even after patch 4.

What killed the game for me was NOT patch 4. It was the demigod glitch.
People seem to forget that swagger badge was the reason for those shooting streaks they went on. Ofcourse Patch 4 helped. But that badge though....
Old 05-14-2016, 03:28 AM   #18
Rookie

SteveQ's Arena

I traded in 2K15 earlier than I usually would and I'm gonna be trading in 2K16 today possibly. Honestly I can't put my finger on it but these last two games both started off great and after time it just felt gradually worse to me. 2K15 lasted longer than 16 for me but I'd say 16 might still be ther better game although 15 did mycareer wayy better minus the voice acting. I think what's killing these games for me is my own expectations. I feel like these games should've had things fixed and/or changed and they just didn't. But at the same time I can't think too hard on that considering these are only the 2nd and 3rd 2K's of this console generation. So maybe 2K17 is the 2K10 or 2K11 of this generation and really improves the series.

Now don't get me wrong I still think 2K16 is at least a decent game but something about it just makes me not care for it.
Old 05-14-2016, 04:08 PM   #19
Pro

LO6IX's Arena

I liked 2K15 better tbh. A lot of my real life friends and the guys I used to run with in 2K15 stopped playing 2K this year and I don't blame them. I played MyPark/Career/JRC and MyTeam almost exclusively in 2K15. They're by far my least played modes in 2K16 and have been huge letdowns imo.

What I preferred in 2K15:

Dribbling. I didn't have to do a sizeup or be running to pull off a crossover move . They stripped down dribbling this year to the point where players like Kyrie, Iverson, Curry, Jamal Crawford do not play like themselves. Dribbling off a defender's foot when crowded, unresponsive dribble moves leading to the ball being dribbled off the defender's foot.

Shooting prior to patch 4. Star players felt like star players. If I saw Kobe heating up I could pull a jab step three(low percentage shot) and make it if the defender gave me just a bit of space. Pull up shots with LS+X actually used to go in at a high rate and used to create space. I could do a step back, crossover, hesitation, or sizeups and make shots after getting separation from the defender. I also prefer last year's shooting percentages prior to patch 4 and how the deadeye badge was more effective.

On-ball screens. They were actually set on the ball and were effective without having to protect the ball or half spin.

Charging. It looked like they wanted it out of the game this year for some reason. I went in on this enough times already.

Clothing. Something about the clothing and the fit is off in 2K16. Clothes look smaller and tighter compared to 2K16 and I'm not a fan of it. Jerseys, shorts, shirts, jackets, and hoodies had more breathing room in them.

Player creation. You could make a variety of different multi-skilled players. This year you either pick a specific position, size and build or be 99 overall role player.

MyCareer. Gameplay was a lot more fun for the reasons stated above. Also, you could create Any kind of player you wanted.

MyPark. I liked the court designs, colours, and sound effects better in Park. It's too bland in 2K16. 2K15 gameplay translated to MyPark better which is why I think a lot more players used to play it.

MyTeam. 2K15 Gameplay translated better to MyTeam imo.
Old 05-14-2016, 07:23 PM   #20
MVP

I kinda liked 2k15 more too.
Left right cheese was for sure an issue and also double teams resulting players to throw balls to the stands

But 2k16?
There are tonnes of cheese moves:
a) half court inbound and turbo due to bad transition d
b) constant pump-fakes leading to fouls
c) full court passes
d) pass in the paint flying through bodies.
e) dribbling is so butchered that is rediculous. After a switch or in a P&R a PG doesn't have to do a size-up oranything to sprint more than Shaq-type of players. They would just breeze.

f) P'n'R help defense is not existent in 2k16.

All in all 2k has made 6 patches and other numerous slider adjustments vs 4 last year.
They have also implemented a stamina breaking system to stop defenders from playing zone.

What does patching again and again and again ,changing the sliders and breaking your own stamina system say for your game?
Old 05-14-2016, 08:18 PM   #21
Pro

NoLeafClover's Arena

The biggest point for 2K15 for me is the Rec Center, we had so many good nights picking teams and playing games, no stupid having to load into someone's court etc. Plus earning rep in Rec Center made it actually feel like progression as well.

Myteam last year had more consistent and better challenges to play too.

Other than those points, 2K16 is objectively better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-15-2016, 07:32 AM   #22
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANCHIZE NW
I just think its the mindset of the community needs fixed. There should never be such an uproar over one move/exploit being taken out of the game like the speed boosting has caused.
There was an uproar over an exploitable move being taken out, trying to balance the game.....but no uproar over being able hit a green release any time you get a bit of space. Combine this blocking and on ball defense pretty much not even being a thing...smh

Hilarious, and really speaks to the community mindset.

I do agree with the dribbling though, going back and playing it.
Old 05-15-2016, 09:01 AM   #23
Pro

Vroman's Arena

park and rec center was nothing but trash in 2k15. Everyone demigod with near unlimited attribute caps and its enough to shake off defender by one pixel to lit the greens. I really like how rewarding to set picks and passing ball around is viable strategy now in 2k16, can't stress enough how park's overall experience is better than last year. Pro-Am way better than rec center too, but it got stale to me with 7'3 centers dominating it.

However i liked quick online mode more than I do like play now online currently. Superstar/sim settings alone made gameplay a lot better. I've played over 300 games there and only few ppl I've seen who could be unstoppable with cheese. The footplanting, responsiveness, spacing were better imo. Just getting by defender with timed crossover felt much better, now defender is way too magnetic with l2 defense and has got unrealistic recovery vs step back moves.
I'm 32-3 record in PNO atm and only 2-3 games were enjoyable, early after release before any updates. Cherry picking, contact layups near rim, bail out shooting fouls, players getting cold out of nowhere, things I hate more than anything I hated in 2k15 . Also momentum factor is stronger than ever, its like timeout minigame to control it or you have problems vs worst bum .
Old 05-15-2016, 12:37 PM   #24
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

if you ask me 2k15 is better and im one of the guys who hated what happened after patch 4 came out.

MyTeam just felt more fun and playable EVEN FROM THE DAY 1. my first game in 2k16 was the 0-0 arbitration loss glitch and yea..... thats when i knew we were going to have a problem

Mypark Whoever Designed 2k16 park needs to be fired. why does it take me 5 mins to load into the park then if i want to join a friend 5 more mins. then the ONE THING that i loved, they patched out. PARTYING UP WITH DIFFERENT PARKS. COME ON <_<. outside of the cheesy gameplay 2k15 park felt programmed better. gameplay reasons im siding a bit with 16

MyCareer. 2k15 by a landslide thing that turns me away from 2k16 is the fact that i need to play 15? games to finally make progress with my Player? COME ON SON. like no one has time for that. on 15 i was able to just jump in and do my thing. and the stupidity of the story and not being able to choose things....... im not even...

me and my friends came up with a saying for our 2k16 experience, " THE GAME IS NEVER OVER WHEN YOU ARE PLAYING 2k16" more so cause in 4/5 games or 3/5 if youre lucky you will have the game try to keep people who have no idea what BBALL is in games just to avoid a blowout. till the last few mins.

on 15 if you were bad you got destroyed without the handholding of 2k16

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »