Home

Using the PF in 2k16

This is a discussion on Using the PF in 2k16 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-31-2016, 10:41 PM   #25
Rookie

DRN73's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Using the PF in 2k16

Loved watching these highlights man. Makes me wanna start a PF.

BTW, what crossover and behind the back animations are those, they look nice, lmao.

Also, is your PF inside, balanced, or outside?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2016, 11:21 PM   #26
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Nice highlights bro; always good to see some real post play out here.

I didn't wanna make an outside center because I like playing in the post too much, and luckily with my shot maxed I can hit some 10-15 footers.

I love catching at the freethrow line and hitting my matchup with a faceup into a crossover then an up and under when he tries to recover. There's such a variety of ways to play in the post but people think it's just backing down into a hook or fade.

-Allen Iverson
Old 05-31-2016, 11:31 PM   #27
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by de5m0n
Lovely highlight and you made those defenders look clueless on half the moves. I would love to get a crack at defending you in the post

And underrated part of this highlight is how your teammates gave you space to work. Way too many times I see someone posting up and these stupid guards just run to within a few feet and attract defenders to the ball.
This is a big regarding space and it's part of team chemistry and team strategy really knowing when to make a slash or backdoor cut and when to hood your ground and give your big his Isolation match up.

As a perimeter player it's also a challenge wanting to attack the paint only to meet your teammate there after you beat your man. This man's team a apparently has that balance of patience and spacing.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2016, 11:51 PM   #28
Rookie

adamspag's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jampers2k
Which move in particular are you referring to in the clip? What is the time marker in the clip so I can explain it to you... Thx
0:15 & 0:27
Old 06-01-2016, 01:16 AM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamspag
0:15 & 0:27
While holding LT you use the Right Stick (not holding RT) to start the bump animation. Then RT and Right Stick Towards the Rim while aiming Left Stick the Direction you want to go.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:22 AM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowDareI
Nice highlights bro; always good to see some real post play out here.

I didn't wanna make an outside center because I like playing in the post too much, and luckily with my shot maxed I can hit some 10-15 footers.

I love catching at the freethrow line and hitting my matchup with a faceup into a crossover then an up and under when he tries to recover. There's such a variety of ways to play in the post but people think it's just backing down into a hook or fade.
He's an Outside Power Forward. You can do these moves with any position. This is why I made this highlight reel. To show people that you can indeed be very productive in the post even though it's not an inside player. You should try some of these with your Outside Center.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:24 AM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRN73
Loved watching these highlights man. Makes me wanna start a PF.

BTW, what crossover and behind the back animations are those, they look nice, lmao.

Also, is your PF inside, balanced, or outside?
Russ is an Outside Power Forward
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-01-2016, 02:45 AM   #32
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jampers2k
He's an Outside Power Forward. You can do these moves with any position. This is why I made this highlight reel. To show people that you can indeed be very productive in the post even though it's not an inside player. You should try some of these with your Outside Center.
Guess I worded it wrong lol..my guy's an inside center but I maxed out my shooting to be able to make people respect my shot.

I have a 6'10 outside small forward I kinda use as a power forward and I still can go into the post even with him.

Most people make taller builds but don't maximize their potential. Like all these 6'7 guards but none do what Shaun Livingston does and go take smaller guards.

-Allen Iverson

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »