Home

NBA 2K17: Some Ideas To Make MyPlayer Better...

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17: Some Ideas To Make MyPlayer Better... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2016, 02:45 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K17: Some Ideas To Make MyPlayer Better...

This ain't probably going to happen, but please lord almighty get rid of the bucket attribute system.
Old 06-03-2016, 03:03 PM   #10
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
1. Don't use Spike Lee again
2. Separate My Career the single player experience from My Player.
3. Allow My Career to be carried over to game iterations.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:34 PM   #11
Pro

Bolt957's Arena

OVR: 14
I'd like for the connections to be more useful. I feel like, once these certain players and legends become my biggest connections, I should be able to interact with them like working out over the summer with KD, LeBron, or Kahwi; possibly earning attributes and secret moves you could use only if you unlock it,

Also, we need a return of GM sitdowns. I need to be able to tell the GM who I think we should keep, suggest who gets traded and who we should attempt to get in return.

We also need more than one generic arena for future All-Star Games. The one they currently use is very stale. Fix the Rising Stars Challenge to be an exact replication of the real thing.

Bring injuries back. Last time I've seen my MyPlayer get injured was 2K11.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2016, 05:12 PM   #12
Just started!

OVR: 0
NBA 2K17 my career wish list
1) start from high school 3 games
2) select which college you will play ball at
*12-15 choices*
3) play 5 games in college
(Or have it so you can stay 1 more season for higher draft stock) maximum 2 seasons
4) Declare for NBA draft
5) Have option to participate in draft combine or Work out for teams that need you to fill that position void (ex. You're a SG so Memphis, LA and Philly would choose you to work out with them)
6) speak with GM's of teams who are interested in you depending on your draft stock ex. If you're projected to go top 5 . A couple of those teams would talk to you. Same goes for lottery and late rounder(this was a feature that was in previous 2k my careers)
7) your starting overall depends on where you get drafted (max 75 overall)
8) after the draft have the choice to play 3-5 games summer league ,
9) if you skip summer league, by default you start the season coming off the bench
10) depending on how well you do or how many games you play in summer league would determine how many minutes you will get or if you're going to start game 1 of the regular season
11) realistic "NBA" CUTSCENES CUTSCENES CUTSCENES.
12) more energy and atmosphere for big games ex. Rivalry, playoffs and finals should all have different feels
13) more press conferences and possibly pre game interviews or post game locker room interviews
14) try to add more media involvement when it comes to big games ex. Rivalry , playoff, finals and playing for an old team after being traded
15)Your first 20 games YOU CANT go over an 80 overall (attempt to prevent a little bit of cheesing)
Old 06-03-2016, 05:23 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 6

My perspective is heavily influenced by Pro-Am play, but here is my list:

Gameplay Related:
  1. Get rid of badge grinding that takes away from immersive gameplay. Idc what you replace it with, but why should I be forced to take a ton of terrible shots to get deadeye? Seriously, the gameplan is to lower difficulty then in game drive to free throw line, post, pump fake and take terrible shot over and over and over again and the coach seems okay with this, no one criticizes you. So immersive. haha smh Many of the others are similarly bad. Make it a practice thing at least for the ridiculous ones or something. Also, give us a progress bar if applicable.
  2. Lower magnetic effect in paint. Why should people need to call timeouts to avoid 3-seconds because of magnetic effect? Happens a lot in Pro-Am.
  3. More robust playbook options in single player and Pro-Am.
  4. I understand it goes against story, but let me edit my team's playbook.
  5. Let me create my own Pro-Am playbook.

Player Creation Related:
  1. Position-less player caps. I understand novices want to lean on positions like a crutch, but the reality is the variance in caps encourages playing out of position, I have three examples:
    • The standard for building the best SGs and SFs is to make tall PGs.
    • The standard for the best PFs is build 7'3" Cs or tall SF.
    • To make a true stretch big you need to make a 6'9" or 6'10" SF, except you'll go through NBA as the painfully athletically handicapped SF rather than using you at PF like every NBA team would.
    My ideal situation is you create a player without position and "Likely position" shows up.
  2. Stretch bigs have been around a long time, why are bigs capped at 75 3pt?
  3. The incentive for making a smaller center isn't good enough to justify making anything below 7'2".
  4. The bucket system is a little silly. I understand it's probably there to prevent min-maxing, but there are ways to get around that, such as making requirements for raising attributes dependent on other attributes, such as Must have 70 FT to raise STD 3PT above 85.

Professional Story Related:
  1. If we're keeping the Spike Lee story, which is fine by me, then make it optional. Having made 5+ players for Pro-Am purposes, it gets old really fast.
  2. Bring back draft interviews and let me skip workouts for teams I don't want to play for.
  3. Bring back the GM asking "Which free agents are you interested in playing with here?" It's unrealistic unless your player is LeBron level, but it's a video game and it's fun to play with players you like.
  4. More should happen. Remember that DeAndre Jordan craziness? Incorporate stuff like that!
  5. Let me play in Euroleague and skip college! Or let me decide to go to the Euroleague to chase money if I'm an end of the bench NBA player.
  6. Bring Summer League back.
  7. Bring D-League back.

@iTofutastic
PSN: iTofutastic

Last edited by iTofu; 06-03-2016 at 05:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:03 PM   #14
MVP

zello144's Arena

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-mycareer.html
This!
Old 06-03-2016, 06:41 PM   #15
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8
"15)Your first 20 games YOU CANT go over an 80 overall (attempt to prevent a little bit of cheesing)"

This is why I want separation between My Career and My Player. If I want to have an ungodly straight out of high-school legend who can dominate from the start, why can't I?

The player I take online and the one I use for a single player experience should not have to be tied together.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2016, 07:03 PM   #16
Pro

get rid of the "grouped" attribute upgrades and let us control individual attributes. I'm damn tired of having to become good at three pointers and free throws at the same time

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »