Home

NBA 2K17: Some Ideas To Make MyPlayer Better...

This is a discussion on NBA 2K17: Some Ideas To Make MyPlayer Better... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-26-2016, 11:23 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Have players play and move like they do in real life games.

Add a variety of body types (idk why Dwight and DeAndre are THAT big in 2K) Dwight's upper is fairly diesel while his lower body is fairly small. DeAndre is swole but still looks small (I hope that makes sense) but in 2K they're just way too bulky IMO.

I'd also like for them to add different jersey fits such as tight (like Blake wears) etc. etc.
Short lengths (short, medium, standard)

And of course all of the things mentioned above by all of the guys/girls In the thread.
Old 07-26-2016, 11:30 AM   #58
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NBA 2K17: Some Ideas To Make MyPlayer Better...

Give the player an option for a non cinematic experience.

Make it more sim, give more bonus for doing the little things.

Have the coach shout plays that you have to select and run. When on the defensive end have him shout ICE ! ICE ! or Switch the p'n'r ! Zone ! We have no idea what kind of defense we're running or how the team is defending the p'n'r.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:55 PM   #59
Rookie

Aside from gameplay which they always seem to improve I would like to see more immersive qualities.

First of all, I know it won't happen but your MyPark character and your MyCareer character should be completely seperate. There's no reason to have them connected.

Back in 2k12 etc you could create three completely different career characters, a 7ft black guy from germany that plays center, a 6ft white point guard from oakland and a 6'6 white shooting guard from spain. Anything you want, all with completely different names and appearances. Now you have to keep the name or change it on all of them. Same with general appearance.

MyPark Player - Online. XP/Attributes are grinded out, once you hit a certain point you unlock badges you can buy with VC (for example once you grind your way to a 90 moving 3 you can buy the limitless range badge etc). Caps on height/speed/shooting etc.

MyCareer Player - You can grind your attributes or buy them, your choice. Same with badges. No restrictions or caps on height/speed/shooting etc.

I also miss how you used to have meetings with the GM, sort of like the MyGM stuff but from the other side of the chair. Even just text based conversations about renewing your contract, what free agents you would like to see the team sign or who the team should try to keep. Even something about your minutes or whatever. Meetings with the GM and team mates or even emails back and forth would just add a little more to the immersive qualities.

I would love to see an in depth draft system, with the combine and recruitment. GMs/scouts interviewing you, they had similar things in previous games. It was fun and again added to the immersive qualities. That's what this mode is all about, it's essentially a basketball RPG.

More conversation options would be a welcome addition as well as the ability to opt in (or out) of more interviews, have us on 2K tv or DIME magazine etc, maybe even on the set with Kenny and Ernie etc.

This next one is a big thing for me, probably the most important. I love My Career, but I also play a lot of MyLeague/MyGM and recently MyTeam and Play Now Online. So I don't have the same time commitment for MyCareer as I used to. I would LOVE the option to play as a sixth man, at least for my first few years if not the entire career. Sort of like a Manu Ginobili, Jamal Crawford or Sarunas Marciulonas. Or even to have the setting to adjust stats/scores based on the minutes like what they have in MyLeague so I can play 5-6 minute quarters if I need to. Although I would much prefer the former but I understand I'm a niche audience and the majority of players just jump on this mode to beast. They don't want to be a sixth man haha.

The first 3 years of My Career always tend to be fun but then it fizzes out. Adding in all of these other things I've mentioned would just give it a little more replayability IMO.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:11 PM   #60
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
When people say "add more college teams or add more Historic teams" Do they not realize that doing so isnt that easy?
Playing with the same old college teams gets boring. They should add some better teams like Duke and North Carolina
Old 07-26-2016, 09:11 PM   #61
Rookie

Would love to be able to export my myplayer to a draft class that can be used in myGM, myleague, etc

As for the mode itself, it needs to become less repetitive and dry. The Spike storyline was an interesting idea but i feel like after the story nothing really happened, which was a huge let down for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »