Home

The 2k player's continuous strive for perfection.

This is a discussion on The 2k player's continuous strive for perfection. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2016, 05:38 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: The 2k player's continuous strive for perfection.

Ohhh this topic is getting interesting...

Can any old heads tell me if they agree with this? I wonder if there's something like a College Hoops 2K8 and NFL 2K5 effect going on.

I still think about those two dead series frequently and how they were both the absolute pinnacle of sports gaming at the time. Now all we have left is NBA 2K and it's like all of our hopes and dreams are resting on this one series.

Things like weekly wrap up shows that reference games during the week were features that College Hoops and NFL 2K gave us back in the day, and NFL 2K5 was only $20!!!!!!!!!

So yes, at times perhaps some of us are a bit unappreciative of the work that goes into this game. But I know I have seen 2K Sports put out some absolutely revolutionary stuff, and now I expect nothing less.

Old 09-02-2016, 05:47 PM   #10
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime8992
Ohhh this topic is getting interesting...

Can any old heads tell me if they agree with this? I wonder if there's something like a College Hoops 2K8 and NFL 2K5 effect going on.

I still think about those two dead series frequently and how they were both the absolute pinnacle of sports gaming at the time. Now all we have left is NBA 2K and it's like all of our hopes and dreams are resting on this one series.

Things like weekly wrap up shows that reference games during the week were features that College Hoops and NFL 2K gave us back in the day, and NFL 2K5 was only $20!!!!!!!!!

So yes, at times perhaps some of us are a bit unappreciative of the work that goes into this game. But I know I have seen 2K Sports put out some absolutely revolutionary stuff, and now I expect nothing less.
Big font posts.

All bold posts.

Old 09-02-2016, 05:54 PM   #11
Pro

JJRuelz's Arena

OVR: 4

If 2k's not striving for perfection then what are they striving for?...

Money.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2016, 09:37 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJRuelz
If 2k's not striving for perfection then what are they striving for?...

Money.
Of course they are - you can't have perfection without money. Either way perfection will be hard to achieve under yearly restrictions. Something close to perfection might start around 2k19. Let's not forget we joined next gen not long ago. That means more room for improvement yes but also having to get familiarized to these new tech. I saw a post where Mike Wang was talking about that very thing. Getting a feel for what the new tech can do overtime etc. I'd just say there are way too many factors to say 2k just strives for money. I remember the jumps from each last gen 2k looked big at first but eventually the game graphics and other things reached its limit. Atleast with next gen is a matter of time till multiple sections reach its max potential. Aka less restrictions for improvement with next gen. I think people forget that 2k16 had tons of flaws. This year the focus probably was to fix the primary flaws. It's not like the game has such good set foundations that they can start to focus on other things. Regardless of departments the biggest issues were the focus. Which mainly included game play and my career. Not to mention they gave my league and my gm - my team - and even blacktop fixes too. That's ton of work. Not sure how people seem to dismiss that.

Sent from my SKY 5.0W using Tapatalk

Last edited by Leasim96; 09-02-2016 at 09:42 PM.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:28 PM   #13
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

There's people paying 100+ dollars for this game, they have every right to criticize, or voice their displeasure if they feel that a certain segment of the game has been ignored or is not up to par.

No need to try and silence others because you feel that their complaints are not important enough.
Old 09-02-2016, 11:30 PM   #14
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime8992
You are a consumer and customer. How does being an apologist for 2K help anyone, including 2K and yourself? We as customers should strive to get the best product possible and 2K should be aspiring to make the best product (to their customers) possible.

Very few people are insulting or disparaging the developers. Besides Ronnie for that lame tweet. 99% of us are here because we buy the game every year and will continue to do so. These apologists topics are definitely less constructive than complaint topics.

You want to thank the devs, that's cool, but your $60 should be thanks enough.

Also, my rough calculations are telling me I've given 2K roughly $1,000 since 2002. They owe me lmao (I'm kidding)
Ummm....more than a few people have disparaged the Devs. Many posts. Different users for the past few 2Ks. LD2K has taken the most of it.
Old 09-03-2016, 12:09 AM   #15
72-10

MarkWilliam's Arena

OVR: 1

If a complaint is constructive - it should happen as it is in the name of improvement. You will all find it will be welcomed and encouraged by 2K.

Constructive.

If it isn't constructive, it's a waste of time.

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but a non constructive complaint is just an insult and it's disappointing that there are people out there who abuse any affiliated with 2K just for the sake of it.

Constructive. Makes all the difference.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2016, 12:43 AM   #16
MVP

raiderphantom's Arena

OVR: 6

I'm not a 2K apologist. I call it how I see it. And even when 2K drops the ball on something I don't think it was due to a lack of effort. I see many gaming companies do a bit of coasting from year to year. At least with this group of Devs we've had for a couple years, I don't see that at all. I see a group of guys trying to make the game great. Sometimes something works, sometimes it doesn't. I personally feel Leftos and his team added more things to a franchise type mode than ever before in any sports game ever.

My point is I appreciate 2K and give them the benefit of the doubt, not because I'm some fanboy but because they seem to go above and beyond and are never complacent. That's rare in today's industry in my opinion. I still have plenty of gripes but I think we all need to look at the whole picture and constructively criticize as well as give credit when it's due.

XBLGT: tjor24

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »