Home

Thoughts on the slasher build.

This is a discussion on Thoughts on the slasher build. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 11:13 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Thoughts on the slasher build.

Wait, im confused, why does it say very late, u timed it good according to the meter.

Im having alot of trouble scoring contact layups on my slasher, feels like as soon as its a bit of contact the quality of the layup goes down af.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:25 PM   #10
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RxBis
Hey man, im a 6'5 slasher, like you i have a maxed out dunking/layup, + all the archtype badges up to gold, been doing fine on MC but on the park for some reason its quiet a different story, im attacking the basket when there is a guy their on purpose expecting to be able to make the contact layup but im missing (the timing is quiet on point) example from today is me missing dunks over a Strech Big center. tbh this is quiet frustraing since sharpshooters are able to make contested thress but im having trouble making contested layups.. right know im grinding for those hall of fame badges hoping they will make things easier.

edit: forgot to mention that basically all builds besides rim protector/LDD have low defending, so attacking them should be easy
Speed with ball has a lot to do with it, but I also feel as if they kept the toning down of finishes from previous 2k patches that helped nerf the "demi-god" builds. But it really sucks when the other player builds are hitting 3's and mids with hands on their face. If we can't really finish what are we supposed to do? They should have adjusted the game-play so that every build has it's strength and weakness. If a shooter gets by his defender, they succeed. If a slasher gets by his defender. Well all we can do is pray our mediocre pull up falls or our slow drive succeeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haraldsson88
Wait, im confused, why does it say very late, u timed it good according to the meter.

Im having alot of trouble scoring contact layups on my slasher, feels like as soon as its a bit of contact the quality of the layup goes down af.
To be honest with you, I've got no idea. I'd also like to know why.

Last edited by Sleepy59; 09-19-2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:37 PM   #11
Rookie

Celtics4Life's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepy59
Speed with ball has a lot to do with it, but I also feel as if they kept the toning down of finishes from previous 2k patches that helped nerf the "demi-god" builds. But it really sucks when the other player builds are hitting 3's and mids with hands on their face. If we can't really finish what are we supposed to do? They should have adjusted the game-play so that every build has it's strength and weakness. If a shooter gets by his defender, they succeed. If a slasher gets by his defender. Well all we can do is pray our mediocre pull up falls or our slow drive succeeds.

To be honest with you, I've got no idea. I'd also like to know why.

I'm in the same boat. Ever fast break I have 4-5 steps ahead of the CPU with not one player ahead of me I end up missing or getting fouled. The main reason is CPU defender no matter who it is can be pg or unknown name center will get a speed boost and catch up to my player 100% of the time to prevent a easy dunk finish.

I get it this is to take away the easy score but what is the point of fast breaks when you can't even have one?

At least in 2K16 you had that few step lead and can finish easy.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 04:00 PM   #12
MVP

Ownal0t's Arena

yea , im hoping the speed with ball and speed without ball thing was a glitch. i first saw that in myteam, and i just stopped and was like HUH?

small things like that makes me wonder if the people behind some of these choices ever played bball outside of gym class. you telling me in a BBALL sim that some players are FASTER with a OBJECT IN THEIR HANDS THAN WITHOUT THE OBJECT? Like SERIOUSLY , HUH?

the only thing i could think of is that, it goes off how far the player can dribble the ball away from their body and what not . but still that makes no sense.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:45 AM   #13
Rookie

I legit get so many lightly contested layups missing its crazy, its so frustrating. Like i did a euro on a fast break on pro to grind acrobat and i actually missed it, completly open, in park i did a spin layup completly fooling the defender, perfect timing according to the meter, but for whatever reason i missed it. And i legit feel like i get a bad quality as soon as a defender touches you.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:25 AM   #14
Rookie

The slasher should be the fastest archetype. Name a slasher that is slow or a slasher that can be caught on the break.All the love went to the Sharpshooters and Playmakers. Also what is with these shot creators having a 90 moving shot but a 70 or 80 standing shot. Also the moving shot rating is not a modifier either sooooo...mess ups all around 2k

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2016, 01:43 AM   #15
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Hopefully raising my strength will help me finish better
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2016, 01:51 AM   #16
Rookie

Sleepy59's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tstone77
The slasher should be the fastest archetype. Name a slasher that is slow or a slasher that can be caught on the break.All the love went to the Sharpshooters and Playmakers. Also what is with these shot creators having a 90 moving shot but a 70 or 80 standing shot. Also the moving shot rating is not a modifier either sooooo...mess ups all around 2k

Sent from my LGLS751 using Tapatalk
Moving shot I understand. In real life my shots need to be off the dribble. I am horrible at standing shots as I've gotten used to the momentum in my shooting.

But I do agree that slashers need to be faster. I sacrificed shooting so I can aid the team with finishing abilities. We should atleast be rewarded for not being part of the group that wants to spam left to right dribble moves to shoot contested half court 3's.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »