Home

Timeout Menu is horrible

This is a discussion on Timeout Menu is horrible within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-19-2016, 12:49 PM   #17
DC
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 39
Re: Timeout Menu is horrible

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliPalmer
So i have to estimate? What about colour blind people? Why not just display it with a simple number like last year? Would be a lot clearer at least.
@ ColorBlind folks.

I never understood it either man. Last year they gave us a BAR, as if that tells us exactly what we needed to know.

This year a color.

#ComeOn2K
Old 09-19-2016, 12:49 PM   #18
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

I simply don't like that I have to pause the game now to make defensive adjustments ie: double team a player in the post, perimeter or smoother and deny ball, etc.

Taking these things to the pause menu makes playing online and offline much more of a task when these options were available to us in the coaching menu during TO's in 2K16.

And to co-sign what someone else mentioned, the adjustments to defense and offense you make ethier on-the-fly or during TO's don't stick or are inconsistent. I've managed to switch half court formations in the TO menu and have them stick as well as some other options like getting players open but others don't seem to work. Defensive adjustments doesn't seem to work at all.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:23 PM   #19
Rookie

Spitfirex007's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by iam31yearsold
Or...

You could adapt and get used to it, instead of complaining about anything new that you personally don't get, and having it to change.

Or..._

2k can stop changing what works and spend more fixing what doesn't
Old 09-19-2016, 01:35 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

One problem with quick subbing is I cannot move my PG to SG because you can't sub a player that is already in the game. I can get used to the the new TO subs but the glitches and POES not working cost me a few games.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk
Old 09-19-2016, 01:57 PM   #21
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
I simply don't like that I have to pause the game now to make defensive adjustments ie: double team a player in the post, perimeter or smoother and deny ball, etc.

Taking these things to the pause menu makes playing online and offline much more of a task when these options were available to us in the coaching menu during TO's in 2K16.

And to co-sign what someone else mentioned, the adjustments to defense and offense you make ethier on-the-fly or during TO's don't stick or are inconsistent. I've managed to switch half court formations in the TO menu and have them stick as well as some other options like getting players open but others don't seem to work. Defensive adjustments doesn't seem to work at all.

2k17 has a better on the fly user interface because you don't have analyze in which direction to point your right stick as seen in 2k16. If the "play/adjustment" is on the lower right hand corner, you push your right stick to the lower right hand corner (2k17).

photo NBA 2k16 vs 2k17 menu 1.jpg

Double Teams

2k16 and 2k17 is the same thing:
(A) Press L1 (PS4) or LB (XB1) to bring up icon above all teammates.
(B) Hold the icon corresponding to the player you want to double team the ball handler.

On court adjustments
Are you sure you have to pause the game to make on the court adjustments like double team, smother or deny, etc. Looks about the same to me with 2k16 and 2k17, and this year (2k17) it gives the you the option to do matchups adjustments on the fly along with on-ball and off-ball pressure. I don't believe you're able to do matchup adjustments on the fly in 2k16.

NBA 2k17

photo NBA 2k17 Adjustments 1.jpg

photo NBA 2k17 Adjustments 3.jpg

photo NBA 2k17 Adjustments 2.jpg

NBA 2k16

photo NBA 2k16 Adjustments 1.jpg

photo NBA 2k16 Adjustments 2.jpg
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

Last edited by strawberryshortcake; 09-19-2016 at 02:21 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2016, 03:22 PM   #22
Pr*s*n*r#70460649

Graphik's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
2k17 has a better on the fly user interface because you don't have analyze in which direction to point your right stick as seen in 2k16. If the "play/adjustment" is on the lower right hand corner, you push your right stick to the lower right hand corner (2k17).

photo NBA 2k16 vs 2k17 menu 1.jpg

Double Teams

2k16 and 2k17 is the same thing:
(A) Press L1 (PS4) or LB (XB1) to bring up icon above all teammates.
(B) Hold the icon corresponding to the player you want to double team the ball handler.

On court adjustments
Are you sure you have to pause the game to make on the court adjustments like double team, smother or deny, etc. Looks about the same to me with 2k16 and 2k17, and this year (2k17) it gives the you the option to do matchups adjustments on the fly along with on-ball and off-ball pressure. I don't believe you're able to do matchup adjustments on the fly in 2k16.

NBA 2k17

photo NBA 2k17 Adjustments 1.jpg

photo NBA 2k17 Adjustments 3.jpg

photo NBA 2k17 Adjustments 2.jpg

NBA 2k16

photo NBA 2k16 Adjustments 1.jpg

photo NBA 2k16 Adjustments 2.jpg

Where in the hell did you find this??? I realize I never had enough time to do it on the fly on defense. The cpu is brutal this year when it comes to sagging off your man.

Glad you found it tho. I needed it desperately yesterdays. Kyle Korver needed to be doubled up on the perimeter and I wanted to start denying him the ball. All this is possible in game but a chore to do on the fly against the cpu. I liked it when it was in the TO menu.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:47 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

It is just poor design decision to make menu like this. Like Clark Kellogg preaching "if it aint broke, don't fix it". Cmon, this menu is not as good as it was. It would be badass move from 2k to patch it.
Old 09-19-2016, 03:51 PM   #24
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graphik
Where in the hell did you find this??? I realize I never had enough time to do it on the fly on defense. The cpu is brutal this year when it comes to sagging off your man.

Glad you found it tho. I needed it desperately yesterdays. Kyle Korver needed to be doubled up on the perimeter and I wanted to start denying him the ball. All this is possible in game but a chore to do on the fly against the cpu. I liked it when it was in the TO menu.

On defense, press the L1 (PS4) or LB (XB1), and it'll bring up that defensive screen. If you specifically want to target one of your teammate, press their corresponding icon.

On offense, press the L1 (PS4) or LB (XB1) to bring up the offensive screen. Same with defense, if you specifically want to target one of your teammate, then press their corresponding icon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevardano
It is just poor design decision to make menu like this. Like Clark Kellogg preaching "if it aint broke, don't fix it". Cmon, this menu is not as good as it was. It would be badass move from 2k to patch it.
I find the new 2k17 menu more intuitive, not just because it's new, but because I actually like it and find it more productive.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »