Home

Everythin Broke

This is a discussion on Everythin Broke within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2016, 12:39 PM   #105
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Everythin Broke

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
That's not really a bad thing. The rotation is not always going to be there in real life. Wide open shots happen all the time. I think some people (not accusing you) get caught up in disappointment when they don't see picture perfect fundamental defense and conclude that the game is broken. When what they should be looking at is that better defensive teams will have better rotation and weaker teams blow assignments.
Its the way that it translates in game that is an issue- (offline )
poor teammate defenders or bad rotations happen in the nba, but the scenarios that play out in the game are laughable in their lack of displaying nba level defense.

-guys wide open under the basket due to a DT out beyond the 3 point line shouldnt be happening over and over
- your cpu temmates - top nba defenders-getting totally caught on every screen throughout the game shouldnt happen. maybe 1-2 x game and then ACE should adjust to the screen- not just let the screener dominate you all game
-teammates wandering off the court at random moments
-transition d- teammates run to under the basket?- that s an old issue that took them 2-3 games to eliminate and now its back

all those dampen the enthusiasm of playing the game when you constantly have to monitor 4 guys and make sure you babysit them to be in the correct positions.

maybe a defensive team slider in a few years to let us set how much babysitting each of us would like to do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2016, 01:37 PM   #106
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Everythin Broke

I've really been back and forth on this game, I'm a huge 2k diehard and as such I really want to fall in love with 2k17. There are some things that amaze me about the game, and probably an equal amount of things that have me considering putting it on ebay and never looking back. Right now my impression is that it's a great game to watch, but an incredibly frustrating experience to play. All of the new animations really make the game come to life and in a sense look like a real game of basketball. Until you have your hands on the stick and have to deal with the frustrations of your guards being dragged from the 3 point line to the post due to getting stuck in animations. Defensive controls are also terrible, at least online, you can get magnetized to the wrong players, get turned around just by engaging the lock defense, etc.

My biggest gripe is the scoring. Right now it's the norm to score around 60 points with a good team. Back in 2k16 the norm, for me anyway, was in the 40 point range. The latter is realistic, the scoring averages we're seeing in 17 is extremely too high and unrealistic. I cannot under any circumstances like a game where that type of scoring is happening on a consistent basis.

I'm going to run a game of 16 today for an accurate comparison before deciding what I'm going to do.

Last edited by Lakers 24 7; 09-26-2016 at 01:39 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »