Home

Everythin Broke

This is a discussion on Everythin Broke within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2016, 08:52 PM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Everythin Broke

This is pretty much what i can gather from reading on this board about this game. Ain't nobody enjoying it because it's....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 56365781.jpg (126.4 KB, 679 views)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 08:53 PM   #2
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

Re: Everythin Broke

Is anybody enjoying the game?
Old 09-23-2016, 08:58 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

I won't play until the 3rd patch.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:00 PM   #4
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

When I actually get to play? Absolutely. Only thing that is severly bugging me at the moment is the foul glitch in PNO. There are annoying things, but it's overall an enjoyable game.

No game is going to be perfect, and part of this site is discussing what's good and what's not, so that any developer that reads this knows what the basketball fans among us are thinking about the game. Doesn't necessarily mean that griping just to gripe is okay, but most, if not all the people I've seen posting are playing 2k because they genuinely enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 09-23-2016, 09:05 PM   #5
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
Is anybody enjoying the game?
I am. Yes, I hate the CPU defense AI sometimes and the random times when my defender gets pushed away from his man by a random player, but other than those times I'm really enjoying it.

Far and away better than 2k16 imo, but some obvious places to improve. No game is ever going to be perfect and expecting that will just ruin my experience before it begins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2016, 09:08 PM   #6
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

I for one am enjoying the game despite the defensive flaws. One may even classify it as major game breaking flaw with the poor defensive rotation logic that NBA talent honestly should not even make, let alone the high school junior varsity squad.

Even when I completely turn down defensive help to zero and defensive awareness to one hundred, questionable defensive break down happen. Honestly, I wouldn't even call them breakdowns. They're simply something other than basketball mishaps. Basketball mishaps aren't represented properly. I've managed to self band-aid the defense by simply taking control of all my off-ball defenders. It's an ongoing legacy from what I've read, but apparently this year takes the cake.

As of this point, this will likely be my last NBA2k basketball game if the defense is not completely top priority. Not simply top priority, but actually injecting a fix.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing
Old 09-23-2016, 09:18 PM   #7
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

I did an experiment today with the Celtics and Bucks where i put all players Help Defense IQ at 99 and it was crazy the difference it made. Seeing bigs rotate over after a man is beat and swat a shot was a beautiful thing to behold. Of course an edit like that defies conventional wisdom though.
Old 09-23-2016, 09:24 PM   #8
Banned

Nukleopatra's Arena

OVR: 1

I've been a huge fan of this series for years, and my mind was set on 2k17 being the best sports game I have ever experienced. How this game shipped like this, is baffling. The defense, and I use that term as loosely as possible, is downright unplayable. The worst team in the game will shoot 55%, if you're lucky - and the worst players play like Jordan. 2K has always been reliable, when it came to the better teams winning, and the worst players playing bad. I never expected this.

The badge system is also terrible. Whoever is in charge of the rosters, and the badges, seems to have taken the year off.. How does Ben Simmons have less badges than Kay Felder, and TJ McConnell? He doesn't even have a flashy passer badge. This can be forgiven, since we can fix it ourselves, but the game play/defense is ridiculous.

This isn't going to take a simple patch - it's going to take a major patch, and I'm still not confident it'll be addressed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »