Home

We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

This is a discussion on We need to talk about Steph Curry again... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2016, 12:44 AM   #137
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

For the record, his contested3 point percentages are 39% with defenders 2-4 feet away from him, and 28% when being played "very tight", 2 feet and closer. Against playoff defenses those numbers dipped even lower to 34% and 0%.

So no, these 30+ footers with guys close enough to him that he is shooting off balance and consistently making them, even multiple times a game off the glass, is not even remotely close to being a realistic representation of his game.

Every game looks more like his highlight real than his actually game to game output. I guess I should also be able to play with Vince Carter and blow past my defender no matter who it is and the dunk on anyone who meets me at the rim no matter who it is.. and do it every trip up the court.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2016, 02:02 AM   #138
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne12345
If they are emulating the real Curry then when you knock him out of his rhythm and he gets cold, he should start throwing up the most absurd bricks you've ever seen.

This coming from someone who watched a lot of Warriors the past 2 years. He does ridiculous stuff. He's as consistent as a great 3 point shooter can be, but he suffers from the same issue every long range shooter suffers from. Hot/Cold streaks.
This... If someone is taking bad threes they should have more brick quarters.
Old 09-28-2016, 03:02 PM   #139
Pro

Retropyro's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Please show me one game in the entirety of his career where he hit that many threes from that far away. Hell, show me one where he's taken that many threes from that far away.

He averages LESS THAN one shot per game from that distance. Not less than one make, less than one attempt. The entire point of this thread is that he shouldn't be able to hit that shot all game long, because he doesn't do it in real life. Once in a while, yes. 5-10 times per game? Absolutely not.
This^^^^^

100000000000% This.
Old 09-28-2016, 05:23 PM   #140
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0

Sorry if this is in one of the 17 pages of this thread but Steph for me has played pretty close to his real life counterpart. From playing against my brother's cheesy friends on rookie to playing for money on HOF, he's made ridiculous shots at times, but when playing consistent tight defense and making him work on D, it's driven his percentages way down.

In the first instance my opponent is 12, he wants the highlight every play. He's spamming the manual size-ups and shooting from 35 feet. He drains the first few, expected. I, using Kyrie, not even an elite defender, manually check him at halfcourt. Bumping, manually hedging when he calls for picks and just like the real NBA he struggles. Eventually he realizes this spammy offense can't keep up with real basketball, he quits in the 3rd shooting about 30%.

Second scenario required more in depth solutions. Same teams yet manual stick adjustments weren't enough. Coaching settings were key. Unfortunately with that much firepower, somebody is gonna burn you. I decided to force the action to KD since LeBron is my best defender. Still manually checking Steph at key points because I want to keep him from going nuclear, but a combination of this scheme and the most important part is beating their bench, I was able to consistently have close games against the Warriors on HOF User & CPU and winning a little more than I lost.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »