Home

The MESS that is 2K17's help defense... How to fix THREAD

This is a discussion on The MESS that is 2K17's help defense... How to fix THREAD within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2016, 09:03 PM   #9
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: The MESS that is 2K17's help defense... How to fix THREAD

Great Work Sam.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:30 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 4

Seriously This needs to be sticked at the top. 99% of my cpu issues are gone with a little bit of manual D from the user.

I only turned off ACE and changed help defense stuff under coaching sliders. Game is night and day and currently blowing out HOF cpu(the bad news).

I didnt touch individual player stuff as that would be unfair to cpu.
Old 09-24-2016, 09:35 PM   #11
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberryshortcake
I also just tested out, at least I think I have the proper settings in place, and it just happened with Kevin Durant running from one side of the court to the other. I was using Curry. Durant decides to mysteriously come over to help. Was extremely excited to see a possible fix, but unfortunately, it didn't resolve it.

For whatever reason, it actually worked better if I kept everything on out of the box default setting and simply follow what Vni suggested, sort of. I simply kept off-ball pressure (tight) and on-ball pressure (tight). I played a full game and didn't get strange things like that happening, or at least I have yet to come across it. Still a trial and error period.

Did I miss something in Sam Pham's video.

Vni's Video

Wow makes no sense. I wonder did they try to program bad rotations to simulate that bad rotations do happen in the NBA. These rotations are just uncalled for and don't make sense. Basically you can't have perfect defense for every single possession.

The one thing that is appears to be clear I think help rules override defensive man logic? The only difference I see between what you did is I don't think Sam Pham set pre-rotate for everybody. The settings probably need one player to have hierarchy or gets confused who knows though lol.

All these settings are one big IF, THEN, do loops and it looks like they didn't get time to test them all out for bugs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 09:39 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
Turn ACE off and use adjustments during game depending on what opponent is doing. Just played a Grizzlies user and it was shrink the floor all day long with his line up of Gasol/Zach/Allen. It actually works when you use it too, you'll notice your defensive players playing off to protect the paint.

Also make the adjustments in the defensive settings like play tight, deny....etc.

Haven't played a Warriors user yet and doesn't look like I will being that I play with the Pistons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doesn't matter if ACE is off, adjustments are broken. Next time you play check your timeout screens and you can see that none of your adjustments have actually been made. They automatically revert no matter what.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:04 PM   #13
Pro

Great video, definitely looking forward to more. So far I've gotten 3 online games in utilizing your suggestions and it seems to have made an improvement. The only time people were left open was by my own doing, either being out of position or leaving someone open on purpose. This has allowed me to run a realistic defense and actually strategize as opposed to worrying about covering a broken AI.

A little too early to say definitively one way or the other, but so far so good.
Old 09-24-2016, 10:15 PM   #14
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Funkhouser
Doesn't matter if ACE is off, adjustments are broken. Next time you play check your timeout screens and you can see that none of your adjustments have actually been made. They automatically revert no matter what.

I don't change them at the timeout screen Marty, I change them in game. And they stick for me.

Old 09-24-2016, 10:24 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bls
I don't change them at the timeout screen Marty, I change them in game. And they stick for me.

I know, but if you go to the timeout screen you'll see that the adjustments aren't the ones you chose in game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2016, 10:39 PM   #16
MVP

Insight23's Arena

OVR: 1
The MESS that is 2K17's help defense... How to fix THREAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Funkhouser
I know, but if you go to the timeout screen you'll see that the adjustments aren't the ones you chose in game.

I feel like they stick for a few plays then revert back. I've chosen push the pace in the timeout screen & noticed the change for a very short period of time. It's broken & my changes don't stick, but I still keep ACE off. Seems to prevent the CPU from being the same as any other team. Surprised this wasn't patched when the Superstar/HOF sliders were.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »